Football Programmes Centre

Forming A Football Programme Collectors Association (FPCA)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Forming A Football Programme Collectors Association (FPCA)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:28 pm 
Post subject: Forming A Football Programme Collectors Association (FPCA)

One of the things I struggle with is trying to find out if a game had an issue and who to ask. The vast amount of collectors that there are, there must be near full lists of most clubs out there.

What if we pool our lists together? Compile our list in a book. A reference book, I guess can be updated every few years. Perhaps a Football Programme Collectors Association (FPCA)..

Thoughts? Stupid Idea?
Pacey Winger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:31 am 
Post subject:

I don't think its a stupid idea at all and its something that has been spoken about on the Scottish collectors facebook page. I agree that the collective knowledge among us would provide a very extensive coverage.

The main thing would be the massive task of pulling it all together I guess.
grantham

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:15 pm 
Post subject:

That is partly the purpose of www.thefootballarchives.com. A collaborative effort from programme collectors to indicate that they have the programme either by a ticklist or uploading a copy of the cover. We currently have 83,000 programme ticks in the database and 16,000 programme covers added. Match notes also include details if a programme exists for a postponed issue and if it was re0used for the re-arranged game etc.

Feel free to add suggestions or join the site if you haven't already to help the knowledge base grow

I also use it to list on ebay/facebook and websites, you simply visit the match and we have a consistent format for programme title:

For example
14/07/2009 - St Albans City v Peterborough United - Friendly (England)

The match database already contains over 1.1 million matches and is growing daily (for example 7000 Isthmian League fixtures were added yesterday)
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:08 pm 
Post subject:

Of course. Accept my apologies, I had forgotten about that site.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: