Football Programmes Centre

Sweden - Brazil WC final 1958 w. Pelé auto
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sweden - Brazil WC final 1958 w. Pelé auto

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozzoo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:21 pm 
Post subject: Sweden - Brazil WC final 1958 w. Pelé auto

Hi! I normally collect football cards but happened to stumble on this programme. Hence I know very little about programme collecting and its market value.

The programme I have some questions about is from the world cup final 1958 between Sweden and Brazil. The tournament where Pelé was introduced to the world. The seller claims it has a Pelé autograph (amongst other players).
So what I wonder, do you belive it is a genuine autograph and if it is what do you estimate it to be worth?

Thanks!

colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:41 am 
Post subject:

Early autographs by a player often don't look like the "final" version they settle on as they get older. Pele signed (or maybe had signed on his behalf) probably tens of thousands of items in the last 60 years so in itself the autograph is very common but this item is of course more valuable for being signed at the time (if genuine) and being an iconic match

You may be better off authenticating/checking the other autographs on the programme - if they are genuine, then Pele's probably is as well

Also worth checking the back story on the programme - where did your seller obtain it? What other items are they selling?

As to value, this postcard sold for £1300 plus commission at a very well respected auction house in 2015

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/graham-budd-auctions-ltd/catalogue-id-srgrah10009/lot-ad43a2fe-9cb2-4964-8a3f-a52500f71c2d
Pacey Winger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:32 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Ozzoo

Seen this programme range from 250 to 400 pound on E Bay albeit none that i can recall ever had any signatures and certainly not Peles!

Jim
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: