Football Programmes Centre

Ebay ?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay ?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
albion99



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 240
Location: Peterborough UK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:41 pm 
Post subject: Ebay ?
Reply with quote

Apologies if this has been aired before, but with Paypal about to disappear from Ebay transactions I was amused to read how much more of an experience it will be for buyer and seller being linked closer together and cutting out Paypal!

The good news, we may even be financially better off from it!

Their 12.8% deduction plus 30p transaction fee roughly equates to about the same value as Ebay and Paypal charges combined.

Makes it all the more important to catch those special offer periods, although I'm sure something will change if we all start waiting for those dates.

The fact we are invited to now add our bank details to perform this new function begs the question, how great a target might Ebay become for the criminal?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gatfb



Joined: 05 Nov 2011
Posts: 319

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:33 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Sorry, but I'm not upto date on this. Are you saying, that shortly we will no longer be able use paypal on ebay?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
colchestersid



Joined: 08 Mar 2009
Posts: 461

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:13 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

You will still be able to buy using PayPal (as well as Google Pay and Apple Pay)

If you are selling however you will receive direct credits to your bank account after 2-3 days rather than being credited straight away to your PayPal account

Fees will be fractionally less overall (but some of the maths means sometimes slightly more). We're only talking a few pennies however

As someone who both buys and sells the only downside is that I used PayPal as a way of evening out my activity so the new way of doing things removes that a bit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pablo2019



Joined: 07 Jul 2019
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Re adding bank accounts, what happens to the money if you’ve not done this? I like letting the money from my eBay sales add up and often leave it in the account for a rainy day, is this not going to be an option with the new way, will they pay any money into your account after 2/3 days regardless?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RIKERBCFC



Joined: 22 Mar 2016
Posts: 127

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:13 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

You can not access the money until it is paid into your bank account.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Five and In



Joined: 15 Sep 2015
Posts: 1303
Location: Dawlish, Devon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:47 am 
Post subject: Ebay ?
Reply with quote

This subject was covered in some detail on this thread a little while ago and may answer some questions.

http://www.footballprogrammece.....highlight=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
albion99



Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 240
Location: Peterborough UK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:06 pm 
Post subject: Re: Ebay ?
Reply with quote

Five and In wrote:
This subject was covered in some detail on this thread a little while ago and may answer some questions.

http://www.footballprogrammece.....highlight=


Thanks for letting me know, much appreciated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Posh1959



Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 1155

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

I recently sold my first item under the new payment way. It was a buy it now under the £1 maximum fees offer. My total fees £1 and money in my account with 3 days. No PayPal fees to pay just the £1 which was a decent saving. I feel that with your bank details being part of your PayPal account you need to change passwords on a regular basis. It is really no different to your bank details being on PayPal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pablo2019



Joined: 07 Jul 2019
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:37 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Received my first payment directly from eBay today, but as it was a total for around 60 items sold it’s hard to keep up.

Am I right to assume eBay have taken their cut already, then sent me the difference? As opposed to a monthly bill PayPal send?

Also, is the fee plus 30p per item on all items sold?

Too confusing!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Five and In



Joined: 15 Sep 2015
Posts: 1303
Location: Dawlish, Devon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Pablo2019 wrote:
Received my first payment directly from eBay today, but as it was a total for around 60 items sold it’s hard to keep up.

Am I right to assume eBay have taken their cut already, then sent me the difference? As opposed to a monthly bill PayPal send?

Also, is the fee plus 30p per item on all items sold?

Too confusing!


Yes, Ebay will have taken their slice of the pie already.

The 30p per item is charged per transaction, not per item.
For example if somebody buys ten things from you and makes the payment at the same time, it's a 30p charge for the lot.
If however those ten items are paid for one at a time, you would get charged ten lots of 30p.


Hope that makes sense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pablo2019



Joined: 07 Jul 2019
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:00 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Five and In wrote:
Pablo2019 wrote:
Received my first payment directly from eBay today, but as it was a total for around 60 items sold it’s hard to keep up.

Am I right to assume eBay have taken their cut already, then sent me the difference? As opposed to a monthly bill PayPal send?

Also, is the fee plus 30p per item on all items sold?

Too confusing!


Yes, Ebay will have taken their slice of the pie already.

The 30p per item is charged per transaction, not per item.
For example if somebody buys ten things from you and makes the payment at the same time, it's a 30p charge for the lot.
If however those ten items are paid for one at a time, you would get charged ten lots of 30p.


Hope that makes sense


That makes sense, and adds up as far as I can see. Thanks!

I think this is better for me personally, anybody feel worse off?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Five and In



Joined: 15 Sep 2015
Posts: 1303
Location: Dawlish, Devon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:08 pm 
Post subject: Ebay?
Reply with quote

Pablo2019 wrote:
Five and In wrote:
Pablo2019 wrote:
Received my first payment directly from eBay today, but as it was a total for around 60 items sold it’s hard to keep up.

Am I right to assume eBay have taken their cut already, then sent me the difference? As opposed to a monthly bill PayPal send?

Also, is the fee plus 30p per item on all items sold?

Too confusing!


Yes, Ebay will have taken their slice of the pie already.

The 30p per item is charged per transaction, not per item.
For example if somebody buys ten things from you and makes the payment at the same time, it's a 30p charge for the lot.
If however those ten items are paid for one at a time, you would get charged ten lots of 30p.


Hope that makes sense


That makes sense, and adds up as far as I can see. Thanks!

I think this is better for me personally, anybody feel worse off?


I'm about the same financially, but dealing in high volumes of sales is, as you say, fun to keep up with.

The one thing I don't like is if somebody buys, say, ten items, pays and then wants combined postage.
In the past, I'd just refund via Paypal, but as it's not coming in that way now I can't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pablo2019



Joined: 07 Jul 2019
Posts: 85

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:55 pm 
Post subject: Re: Ebay?
Reply with quote

Five and In wrote:
Pablo2019 wrote:
Five and In wrote:
Pablo2019 wrote:
Received my first payment directly from eBay today, but as it was a total for around 60 items sold it’s hard to keep up.

Am I right to assume eBay have taken their cut already, then sent me the difference? As opposed to a monthly bill PayPal send?

Also, is the fee plus 30p per item on all items sold?

Too confusing!


Yes, Ebay will have taken their slice of the pie already.

The 30p per item is charged per transaction, not per item.
For example if somebody buys ten things from you and makes the payment at the same time, it's a 30p charge for the lot.
If however those ten items are paid for one at a time, you would get charged ten lots of 30p.


Hope that makes sense


That makes sense, and adds up as far as I can see. Thanks!

I think this is better for me personally, anybody feel worse off?


I'm about the same financially, but dealing in high volumes of sales is, as you say, fun to keep up with.

The one thing I don't like is if somebody buys, say, ten items, pays and then wants combined postage.
In the past, I'd just refund via Paypal, but as it's not coming in that way now I can't.


Refunding excess postage is something I’ve had to issue refunds for in the past and it’s annoying.

I have lots of repeat customers who buy 8,10,12 items and they all now either request an invoice or I can go on seller hub and revise the postage costs, using the eBay app made this difficult to navigate initially but it works well now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Five and In



Joined: 15 Sep 2015
Posts: 1303
Location: Dawlish, Devon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:35 pm 
Post subject: Re: Ebay?
Reply with quote

Pablo2019 wrote:
Five and In wrote:
Pablo2019 wrote:
Five and In wrote:
Pablo2019 wrote:
Received my first payment directly from eBay today, but as it was a total for around 60 items sold it’s hard to keep up.

Am I right to assume eBay have taken their cut already, then sent me the difference? As opposed to a monthly bill PayPal send?

Also, is the fee plus 30p per item on all items sold?

Too confusing!


Yes, Ebay will have taken their slice of the pie already.

The 30p per item is charged per transaction, not per item.
For example if somebody buys ten things from you and makes the payment at the same time, it's a 30p charge for the lot.
If however those ten items are paid for one at a time, you would get charged ten lots of 30p.


Hope that makes sense


That makes sense, and adds up as far as I can see. Thanks!

I think this is better for me personally, anybody feel worse off?


I'm about the same financially, but dealing in high volumes of sales is, as you say, fun to keep up with.

The one thing I don't like is if somebody buys, say, ten items, pays and then wants combined postage.
In the past, I'd just refund via Paypal, but as it's not coming in that way now I can't.


Refunding excess postage is something I’ve had to issue refunds for in the past and it’s annoying.

I have lots of repeat customers who buy 8,10,12 items and they all now either request an invoice or I can go on seller hub and revise the postage costs, using the eBay app made this difficult to navigate initially but it works well now.


I do pretty much all of my items post free now so that takes care of it.

It's the stuff that's been there for a while that has postage charges.
Combining postage isn't an issue at all for me, but please, please request it before making payment Smile Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
martino



Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Posts: 2045
Location: Beautiful downtown Goostrey, Cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:44 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Pablo2019 wrote:
Received my first payment directly from eBay today, but as it was a total for around 60 items sold it’s hard to keep up.


If you go to your E Bay account and select:

Account > Payments > Payments

you can access full details of each transaction, reports, payout schedule etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
| More
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum