Football Programmes Centre

Old postcards of local teams
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Old postcards of local teams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlisleprogs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:35 am 
Post subject: Old postcards of local teams

Here are some images of pre war postcards featuring teams local to Carlisle. Does anyone have similar cards for their area?

First one is Carr’s Juniors from 1920. I assume they were linked to the local Carr’s Biscuit factory that still operates in Carlisle today.

DJ

Carlisle Railways 1922

Queen of the North FC from 1930

Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:05 pm 
Post subject: Old postcards of local teams

Carlisleprogs, here’s a couple of my wife’s relatives playing in local teams to us. Her grandfather is in the Higher Bebington team 1905. He had just finished a shift making soap at Levers Brothers, Port Sunlight . Elton John’s dad spent some time there! Another one of her relatives is in the Liverpool FC line-up 1907-08. Robert Blanthorne.He played for Newcastle as well, but it looks like injuries blighted his career. He started off playing for Rock Ferry FC.

[img]
Carlisleprogs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:15 pm 
Post subject:

Here are two from Cowans Sheldon Rec AFC. Cowans Sheldon was a world famous crane making company. They were based in Carlisle for 130 years before closing in 1987. There is still a pub in Carlisle called The Cranemakers.

Sadly, the photo on one of the cards is quite faded.

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: