Football Programmes Centre

New Layout Suggestion?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New Layout Suggestion?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:16 am 
Post subject: New Layout Suggestion?

Evening all, here's a little suggestion.....

Currently, a large amount of the current layout 2/3 of the screen is donated to the various sections, whilst on the right hand side the rest is made up of Your Basket, Community, Upcoming Fairs, Recent posts, Market Place, Social networking and a fair amount of blank space.

I don't wish to sound negative, on what is an excellent site.

However, would it not be better, to remove, Community from the right hand side (as it can be accessed at the top anyway), remove upcoming Football Fairs (as its got its own section anyway).
Then move all the sections to the right 1/3rd of the page, and have the main part the left 2/3 dedicated to recent posts, as is the norm for many sites (the reason being, that I honesty believe it's very easy to miss threads). I hope people understand what I mean.

Regards, Sharrowblade
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:27 am 
Post subject: Re: New Layout Suggestion?

sharrowblade wrote:
Evening all, here's a little suggestion.....

Currently, a large amount of the current layout 2/3 of the screen is donated to the various sections, whilst on the right hand side the rest is made up of Your Basket, Community, Upcoming Fairs, Recent posts, Market Place, Social networking and a fair amount of blank space.

I don't wish to sound negative, on what is an excellent site.

However, would it not be better, to remove, Community from the right hand side (as it can be accessed at the top anyway), remove upcoming Football Fairs (as its got its own section anyway).
Then move all the sections to the right 1/3rd of the page, and have the main part the left 2/3 dedicated to recent posts, as is the norm for many sites (the reason being, that I honesty believe it's very easy to miss threads). I hope people understand what I mean.

Regards, Sharrowblade

Hi Sharrowblade,

Thanks for the suggestions. Id been thinking in recent days about how people use the site but hadnt got around to asking.

Personally, i dont miss threads as i use the new posts link at http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts and also use a lot the "Recent Posts" box down the right hand side.

I tend to not use the top links at all which is why i would have some reservations about moving the side links but i totally agree something can be done and im open to everyones thoughts and suggestions on what you have raised.

At the end of the day, the forum far outways the useage of the rest of the site so i do need to ensure that this is easy and simple to use.

I had thought about splitting "The Programme Forum" from "Football Programme Centre" so that I could improve both but i think that is going to be too impractical since they are too tightly knitted together and share so much functionality. Also, ive worked very hard to get Football Programme Centre to number 4 on Google for "football programmes" which is how a large number of the new users find the forum so i would need to completely review this if i were to split the two so i think thats a non starter.

Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on this matter?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: