Football Programmes Centre

Hi guys
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hi guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:02 pm 
Post subject: Hi guys

It's been a while since I've posted, I had to stop collecting for a while, finances just did not allow for me to continue and as a result I had to physically force myself to stop coming on here and places like eBay.

However, now that things are somewhat back in order, I've resumed collecting the Forest programmes again, but being a lot more stringent, very frustrating though when you see a load of rarer Forest away friendlies going for silly money on eBay, and even more so when they end up on dealers websites for prices that I believe to be astronomical!

Whilst I've not been posting I have bought some programmes recently off some of you guys on here, so thanks to Telfordfan, derbyman, lincolnredman and realred for quick and speedy transactions.

In the meantime I've been creating a website, I suppose a little like "kcs's" Leeds one, it's purely for reference only, and a fun way to list my programmes in a different way to the good old Excel spreadsheet.

The site, although still in it's early stages can be found here: www.nottinghamforestprogrammes.weebly.com

I'd be interested to know if any of you guys have any suggestions at all?

I've also updated my wants list on here too, although I have to learn to say 'NO' to prices that are currently beyond my financial means!

Forest programme guide: www.nottinghamforestprogrammes.weebly.com (a steady working progress, any help or advice gratefully accepted!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:37 pm 
Post subject:

Just out of interest, do you have the programmes from Burnley v Nottingham Forest, League Cup 60/61? There are 2 programmes - one dated 20th December 1960 - that game was postponed, and a single sheet programme from when the game was played on 10th January 1961.
westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:57 pm 
Post subject:

burnley_collector wrote:
Just out of interest, do you have the programmes from Burnley v Nottingham Forest, League Cup 60/61? There are 2 programmes - one dated 20th December 1960 - that game was postponed, and a single sheet programme from when the game was played on 10th January 1961.

I wish!!! No, regrettably I don't, I have seen the one from 10th January on eBay a few times over the last few years, but they strangely disappear as soon as they're listed.

Forest programme guide: www.nottinghamforestprogrammes.weebly.com (a steady working progress, any help or advice gratefully accepted!)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
mark01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:00 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Burnley collector, I recall you were after some Football league reviews (not soccer reviews) some time ago. I have most issues from Volume one if you need any at £2 each.

regards
mark01

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:02 pm 
Post subject:

hi west yorks, I notice you want Nottm Forest v Bristol City LC 1960.

Havent seen any of these for sale for some time now. Bought a copy for £150 about 10 years ago. Any idea of price now?

regards
upthecounty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:15 pm 
Post subject:

Hi lads, whilst not related to the original website question, can any Forest fans confirm whether a programme exists for the following game
Forest v Newport County 50/51 16.12.50 postponed.
I already have the rescheduled programme from 02.05.51
Regards Scott
westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:21 pm 
Post subject:

upthecounty wrote:
Hi lads, whilst not related to the original website question, can any Forest fans confirm whether a programme exists for the following game
Forest v Newport County 50/51 16.12.50 postponed.
I already have the rescheduled programme from 02.05.51
Regards Scott

Acroding to the list sent to me by Forest Mick some time ago, yes, there is a programme in existence.

westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:23 pm 
Post subject:

mark01 wrote:
hi west yorks, I notice you want Nottm Forest v Bristol City LC 1960.

Havent seen any of these for sale for some time now. Bought a copy for £150 about 10 years ago. Any idea of price now?

regards

Really haven't got the foggiest to be honest, never seen one either, but if they're still going at that price it'll still be on my wants list for years to come Sad

WileBrownAstle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:34 pm 
Post subject:

Good site mate I'll send you a PM
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:11 pm 
Post subject:

mark01 wrote:
Hi Burnley collector, I recall you were after some Football league reviews (not soccer reviews) some time ago. I have most issues from Volume one if you need any at £2 each.

regards

Hi - yes, I'm after issue numbers 2, 4, 11, 19 and 33 from Volume 1.
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:12 pm 
Post subject:

westyorksnffc wrote:
burnley_collector wrote:

I wish!!! No, regrettably I don't, I have seen the one from 10th January on eBay a few times over the last few years, but they strangely disappear as soon as they're listed.

I know what you mean - I have two copies of the December issue, but the January issue is still eluding me - one of only two that I need for every home programme for Burnley since 1960! The other one I'm not convinced was issued.
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:36 pm 
Post subject:

Cracking website, exactly how I would like mine to be. Is it made using free software?

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:48 pm 
Post subject:

STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY wrote:
Cracking website, exactly how I would like mine to be. Is it made using free software?

Thanks, it's all free, go to www.weebly.com and take it from there, it should be fairly self explanatory, but if you want any help then feel fee to ask.

STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:49 pm 
Post subject:

Great, I am having a bash now, looks like the simplest website software I have seen just what I wanted.

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
Frampton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:27 pm 
Post subject:

Thats what i done mine on i found it was the easiest to use
paulo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:33 pm 
Post subject:

Wow - there are some great efforts there lads!

Well done to all!
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:44 pm 
Post subject:

Great software, I've got mine started but not uploaded any pics yet. The only thing I wonder about is the picture restriction allowance as this is a regular problem with most of the free sites, I can't seem to find the allowance anywhere. Ideally I would like to upload all programmes, teamsheets and tickets if possible but I would probably have to upgrade the subscription.

westyorksnffc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:53 pm 
Post subject:

STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY wrote:
The only thing I wonder about is the picture restriction allowance as this is a regular problem with most of the free sites, I can't seem to find the allowance anywhere. Ideally I would like to upload all programmes, teamsheets and tickets if possible but I would probably have to upgrade the subscription.

That's my concern too, although in fairness do you really need images of programmes with the same cover (in Forest's case every 4 or so issues late 60's to mid 80's, and every issue pre late-60's, with the odd exception)?

Personally, as long as the programmes are listed you could have say 1 copy of each cover, therefore reducing the picture usage.

I started current season and have so far worked back to 2003/04, with no problems, so fingers crossed!

matt blue

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:24 pm 
Post subject:

Hi all have just started mine, few questions re the design .....on your photos i see youre able to put three across, i cant seem to do that...could you advise please....im thinking of upgrading to weebly pro and then linking to my photos to picasa 3 - small photos on the site then large photos on picasa 3.

Cheers

Matt
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: