Football Programmes Centre

Whatever happened to...............
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Whatever happened to...............

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:08 am 
Post subject: Whatever happened to...............

Whatever happened to one time regular posters such as Anfieldpurch, Dellboye, Rokerprogz, OldburyWBA, Dookie, Marco Polo and PennyBlake who suddenly disappeared from the Forum? Have they sold up or maybe just taking a break from the hobby? Does anybody know?

It also puzzles me to why 314 people have signed up as members to FPC but have never made a post. Do they just converse or buy/sell via PM’s?

Sherlock Sherlock
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:22 pm 
Post subject: Whatever happened to.

Good post mate Anfieldpurch & Dellboy were verey keen posters at the time .....but have thay just moved on.
paulo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:48 pm 
Post subject:

I have had one or two pm me that have never made a post.

I managed to get the only Middlesbrough V Norwich ticket I was missing from one! Easy
ForestMick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:42 am 
Post subject:

I dealt with AnfieldPurch a couple of times, and as you say, for the time he was on here, he was a heavy poster. He did live in Grantham at the time, and I remember him saying that he was moving to Hucknall, and he was trying to find money to do his FA level 1 coaching badge. He was quite young, so maybe the cost of moving, funding courses etc means he's taking a break.

Good post though, and good point about people joining up but not posting.

I was only thinking quite recently how this site has grown and changed since it first started, and apart from not finding the time, is one of the reasons I'm on here a lot less. In the last 18 months, there have been loads of new members join the forum who have contributed a wealth of knowledge, and have only been too happy to share it with less experienced collectors like myself. Unfortunately though, just like a football club that grows through its success, the site has attracted people that see it PURELY as an alternative to ebay, where they can sell for free, and contribute nothing. This has drastically changed the nature of the site, and how people post. The site seems to be a lot less friendly than it used to be, and people jpin to take, rather than give and take. That said, I still love the site, and without it, I would have stopped collecting years ago, and apologies to any of the newer members that came on here as GENUINE collectors, rather than sharks.
Dellboye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:43 am 
Post subject: Re: Whatever happened to...............

Rocky Boro wrote:
Whatever happened to one time regular posters such as Anfieldpurch, Dellboye, Rokerprogz, OldburyWBA, Dookie, Marco Polo and PennyBlake who suddenly disappeared from the Forum? Have they sold up or maybe just taking a break from the hobby? Does anybody know?

It also puzzles me to why 314 people have signed up as members to FPC but have never made a post. Do they just converse or buy/sell via PM’s?

Sherlock Sherlock

Im still collecting but as i have just purchased a chelsea season ticket im out of money. Ive been trying to ignore this forum as it tends to make me want to start buying programmes(which i cant afford atm) again. So im taking a temporary break from collecting but i have got plenty more years to collect.

I would like to apologise about not replying to whoever has sent me e-mails regarding my chelsea wants as most of them i see 3-4 weeks after they were sent.
Rocky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:09 am 
Post subject:

Dellboye, a temporary break is better than selling up and regretting it later. You are going about it the the right way mate.
Thumbs Up
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:41 am 
Post subject:

My collection has been mothballed on several occasions (not literally!) and for several years at a time due various circumstances.

Never once thought about getting rid of it, just made sure it was stored in a dry place away from mice! mostly various lofts....
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:09 am 
Post subject: Re: Whatever happened to...............

Rocky Boro wrote:
Whatever happened to one time regular posters such as Anfieldpurch, Dellboye, Rokerprogz, OldburyWBA, Dookie, Marco Polo and PennyBlake

That's interesting, 4 of the members you mention are ones I have found programmes for on their wants lists and have never received a reply. In fact for 2 of them, my PM is still sitting there as unread from many weeks ago.
surfinjim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:50 am 
Post subject:

I know Dookie (tim) was off travelling the world, so he might not get back in touch on a regular basis.

Jim

Bolder, Blackhall, Williamson, Smith, Pickering, Hornsby, King, Johnson, McCulloch, Mellor, Curran.

Scorers; Mellor, King, Curran, Smith (pen)

GODS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: