Football Programmes Centre

The Quest for the 92
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Quest for the 92
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:59 pm 
Post subject: The Quest for the 92

Evening all, whilst sitting in Hooters in Nottingham on Tuesday Night with my little uns, admiring the scenary Wink, and thinking what were the chances of getting a team sheet for the game (County v The Blades), I found myself wondering how long will it take to 'Do the 92'?

We've done 12 so far, (we started last year, and they're only 6 & 5), unfortunately, the Mariners were relegated so we're really down to 11 under the rules. (and Rotherham will be going home shortly, so in reality we'll be down to 10). Hopefully, we'll get up to around 23 before the end of the season (25%).

Their collection is only a small one, 27 Games,
(mainly United, Grimsby, & Sheffield Club), Programme, Teamsheets & Tickets, and match report for every game)
The list so far:
Utd, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Lincoln, Port Vale, Walsall, Bolton, Notts Forest, Notts County, Rotherham, Bolton & Burton Albion (Grimsby's last Crying or Very sad )

Are there any members of the forum who are members of the '92 club' and if there are, how long did it take you & at which ground did you complete it?

Last edited by sharrowblade on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
BertD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:00 am 
Post subject: Re: The Quest for the 92

sharrowblade wrote:
Are there any members of the forum who are members of the '92 club' and if there are, how long did it take you & at which ground did you complete it?

I stalled at around 80 when Wimbledon moved to Selhurst Park and I stopped going for over a decade. That was around a decade of following one team with the occasional neutral game thrown in. Ground changes means that's now down to about 70.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:37 am 
Post subject:

Haven't really tried - I spose I could but..

a) I don't know the ground (!!) rules - I'd be interested to know how it all stacks up... old ground/new ground/new League teams etc. etc.

b) I guess I might find it hard to prove I've been to some of them now (nearly 30 years on)

I stopped doing aways years (by and large,tthese days just now and then) - but.. around 50 (but around 12 of these clubs have moved now) and a few now ex-Leagues. Funnily enough I could add quite a few more if just 'visiting the ground' counted as opposed to when a game was on.

But it's a nice thing to achieve I believe.
paulo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:19 am 
Post subject:

Its my big quest at the moment. I found it quite quick to get up to around the 70 mark and stayed there for years and years as teams moved or got relegated. Norwich spent a season in L1 so that helped me get up to the figure I am now at (80).

This year I am going to focus on getting the last few, where I can and would like to be on 85/6 by the end of the season.

The three that I am most going to struggle with are Morecombe, Maccelsfield and Acc Stanley as they are so far away from here. Maybe I should suggest a family holiday in the lake district!

Good luck with your quest - it is hard work, but if the kids are up for it, it might just make it that bit easier!
Geddon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:50 am 
Post subject:

I had around 75 at the end of the season, but a few have changed since then, Chesterfield and Stevenage for example.

Under the official rules I'd have even less as it only counts competitive matches, and if a club goes out of the league and comes back in you have to revisit them, even if the first time you went there was for a league game - stupid!

Most of the clubs I haven't been to now are Prem and L2, but I've been lucky enough to have gone to most grounds with the Swans, as we've played in three divisions in the last six seasons. It's not something I'm actively trying to do though, but maybe once I get to over 80 grounds I will.
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:33 am 
Post subject:

Not sure what the 'rules' are as such but I completed 91 in August 1993 when Blackpool visited Cambridge for the 1st time. I had missed out on Ipswich on more than one occassion in my early days of travelling away.
My rules dictate that I must see my team Blackpool on a ground, not just any old game. And I don't count new and old grounds as one and the same as some people I know do.
I have of course conquered Ipswich since but in the meantime many new grounds have sprung up where Blackpool have never played.
My current aim is still to complete 92 watching Blackpool but with the automatic promotion from the conference this is becoming more difficult.
Fortunately I have 4 new grounds next season in the prem, Sunderland, Man City, Arsenal and Bolton where Blackpool have never played.
I am currently on 80 with all the remaining grounds either new or recently promoted from the Conference.
My eldest son who is just 17 is on 65 already and will no doubt catch up before I get to places such as Dagenham or Stevenage. He's got 12 new grounds next season!!
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:09 pm 
Post subject:

Some cracking efforts, lads. Bow I knew 2/3 lads 30 years ago who were secretly happy that we'd been relegated to Division 4. (1st to 4th in 6 seasons) By the end of 81/2, some of them only needed 1 or 2. They took more than an active interest in the Cup draws from then on. I would say it is nigh on impossible with the rules as they stand at the minute to 'do the 92' with following just the one club (2 up & 2 down each year & Ground changes). I'm not keen at the moment taking my lads to the United away games. Many away supporters stand nowadays which means at their age (5 & 6) there not going to see anything, but they do love the day's out, even the travelling, which is a real bonus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:14 pm 
Post subject: 92

There's also the Scottish 40 Club, which is a lot easier to complete because of far fewer grounds to visit, but conversely with a hell of a lot of travelling. Did about 70 English grounds prior to moving up here, albeit without deliberately setting out to do so, just following the Mariners around the UK over a period of 20 odd years from 1971-2 to 91.
Dan Dagger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:24 pm 
Post subject:

done 67 grounds in the 92, lost 2 this season when Chesterfield and Morecambe changed stadiums. I have 9 new grounds this year in league one, somehow I missed Port Vale and Torquay (both due to holidays in both of our league two seasons together!).

of the 92, 42 done with the daggers....its hardwork!
foxes1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:40 pm 
Post subject:

The only ones I haven't been to are

The Emirates
Stevenage
Chesterfield's new ground
Aldershot
Morecambe
Accrington Stanley
Burton Alb
Torquay

I have only ever seen a match on 5 Scottish grds.
Falkirk
Partick Thistle
Kilmarnock
St Johnstone
Ayr Utd

As for foreign grds I have seen games
at

Venezia
Ernst Happel Stadium in Vienna
Montpellier
Amiens
Lloret De Mar (Ajax 'B' v Port Vale)
Also going to the Belgium v Germany Euro Qualifier in Sept in Brussels.

Last edited by foxes1 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
efc1998

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:46 pm 
Post subject:

I finished the 92 in 1988 (I think) at Home Park Plymouth when Everton played there is FAC. I managed to keep up to date until the last few seasons ago.

Now I need to go to

The Emirates
Keepmoat Stadium
Stadium MK
Cardiff City Stadium
Weston Homes Community Stadium

I also completed the Scottish grounds at Elgin City in 2004 including all new grounds/groundsharing, but need to visit the new St Mirren Park, though I did go to Annan in their first season.

I've also completed all grounds in WPL from 2004 onwards and I had completed all the following leagues up to the last couple of seasons

Blue Square Premier
Blue Square North
Unibond Premier
Unibond North and South
North West Counties Premier and First
Cymru Alliance
plus hundreds of other Non league south of Stoke.

All this and I have never passed my driving test and at the age of 50 unlikely to bother!!!!!!!!!!

I have a programme from every ground I visited except when I went to Peterhead they did not issue, the same was the case when I went to Cardiff Grange Harlequins plus various non issues in the NWC league. The only match I failed to get a programme from when one was issued was Mickleover Sports v Witton Albion last season.
Wulfrunian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:13 pm 
Post subject:

There was a stage back in the late 80 when I had done the 92, but this has gone by the wayside now by a long way, with sides changing grounds, automatic promotion from conference, and the onset of old age so I dont get to away games now, I would think Im probably down to 60 or 70, havent really counted.

"You only have one life, I gave mine to the Wolves" - Stan Cullis 1916 - 2001
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:21 pm 
Post subject:

Out of intrest, Rovers have played home league (and one league cup) games on 4 grounds. Has anyone on here seen their team play us on all 4?

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:31 pm 
Post subject: Rovers grounds

No, only 3 watching Blackpool.

Eastville
Twerton Park
Memorial Stadium

Where was the other? - Ashton Gate?
JohnC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:01 pm 
Post subject:

Aston Villa
Birmingham City
Blackburn Rovers
Blackpool
Bolton Wanderers
Chelsea
Everton
Fulham
Liverpool
Manchester United
Newcastle United
Stoke City
Sunderland
Tottenham Hotspur
West Bromwich Albion
West Ham United
Wigan Athletic
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Barnsley
Bristol City
Burnley
Crystal Palace
Doncaster Rovers
Ipswich Town
Leeds United
Leicester City
Middlesbrough
Norwich City
Nottingham Forest
Portsmouth
Preston North End
Queens Park Rangers
Reading
Scunthorpe United
Sheffield United
Swansea City
Watford
AFC Bournemouth
Brentford
Brighton & Hove Albion
Bristol Rovers
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Colchester United
Exeter City
Hartlepool United
Huddersfield Town
Leyton Orient
Notts County
Oldham Athletic
Peterborough United
Plymouth Argyle
Rochdale
Sheffield Wednesday
Southampton
Swindon Town
Tranmere Rovers
Walsall
Yeovil Town
Accrington Stanley
Aldershot Town
Bradford City
Burton Albion
Bury
Cheltenham Town
Crewe Alexandra
Gillingham
Hereford United
Lincoln City
Macclesfield Town
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Port Vale
Rotherham United
Shrewsbury Town
Southend United
Stockport County
Torquay United

79/92
And i've been too the old grounds of

Arsenal
Man city
Cardiff
Coventry
Derby
Hull
Morecambe
Millwall
Chesterfield.
MK Dons (well, wimbledon)

So 89/92

Thumbs Up
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:08 pm 
Post subject: Re: Rovers grounds

bisphamseasider wrote:

Eastville
Twerton Park
Memorial Stadium

That's the one.
Dark days indeed.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Juanjo33

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:10 pm 
Post subject:

Seen Forest on about 115 grounds I think, incl various friendlies.
Left of the 92...(actual 92 club rules will probably be nearer 60)
Emirates (done Highbury)
KC Stadium - Forest there on Sept 18!
Chesterfield (done Saltergate)
MK Dons (done Selhurst, NHS)
Morecambe (done Christie Park)
Aldershot
Dagenham
Colchester (done Layer Road)
Will try and do a couple of the others this season, but living up north now makes it a bit difficult

Done about a dozen north of the border, with plans for another four by end of September, depending on cup draws.
Superajm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:47 am 
Post subject: Re: Rovers grounds

bisphamseasider wrote:

Eastville
Twerton Park
Memorial Stadium

I've done them three too

18 months ago I managed to go to all 92 grounds (and Wembley and Millenium) in 87 hours. Not exactly what we are on about but it was a fantastic experience and made a lot of money for charity

I've been to 84 if you incluce old grounds but down to 71 if you don't. I think thats before Grimsby and Darligton got relegated!
coolascustard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:39 am 
Post subject:

Ive done 85 at last count.
Thats old and new grounds.
Only count them if I have watched Derby there.

Done all premiership
Need to do cardiffs new ground
Done 11 in league 1
Done ten in league 2

Done ilkeston town, Forest green in lower leagues.
Senior82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:43 pm 
Post subject:

I'm on 71. Missing 3 from the Prem (Arsenal, Chelsea & West Ham), none in the Champ, 6 in League One which hopefully i'll do this season, and 12 in League 2
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: