Football Programmes Centre

What do you collect?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What do you collect?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dellboye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:45 am 
Post subject: What do you collect?

I collect chelsea homes programmes from 1950-present. I have around 1460 programmes so far and am not far from a complete collection. I am missing around 36 from 1950.

Last edited by Dellboye on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:34 am 
Post subject:

I collect Cardiff homes mostly. Im aiming to go back to 1950 but havent made much of an indent on that yet!! I used to collect when i was younger but took about 6 years out of football doing the whole "having a family" thing but got back into collecting about 6 months ago. I havent actually bought many Cardiff programmes since then as ive been too busy developing this site and trying to add programmes to it!!

Ive also decided to try and collect FA Cup finals back o 1950 also.

From my own personal collection i have about 1000 Cardiff Homes, about 200 aways (but im not really collecting these) and just under 20 of the FA Cup finals. Also have just short of 2000 on here and about another 8000 to list on here too Crying or Very sad
burnley_collector

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:53 am 
Post subject:

I collect Burnley homes, going back to 1960. Only need 8 to have every home game since 1960!

I have nearly 1500 in my collection now.
paulo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:11 pm 
Post subject:

I mainly collect Norwich tickets, but recently got back into programmes. I currently have:-

Norwich homes from 1985/86 (Champions Div 2), 1992/93 (Norwich Finish third in the Prem!), 2003/04 (Champions - Championship).

Norwich aways - 2003/04 and one programme from the first time I visit a new ground (I have done 86 grounds to date).

England - Every home game I have been to and every home qualifier since 1997. Currently looking at aways as I have a few.

Various year books, books and magazines.

My collection can be viewed on my site:-

http://www.freewebs.com/paulwebster18/mycollection.htm
anfieldpurch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:23 pm 
Post subject:

I collect Liverpool Programmes and have been doing so for a year or so. Since i got a job i have started buying more programmes. I dont have a big collection but im working on it Very Happy I have maybe in total 100 progs not all LFC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:49 pm 
Post subject: Programme collection

Games my all time football hero the late Derek Dougan (Wolves)etc played in six Football League Clubs in all ,a few short of 600 games ,have all domestic games apart from a few obscure early League Cup games 1960. been collecting on and of some 40 years. The only League game i dont have is Blackburn v Leeds 59/60,been told one dose exsist for this fixture but i do have my doughts.
OldburyWBA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:36 pm 
Post subject:

Nowadays I collect West Brom h/a from 07/08 onwards, got a few from before but not bothered to add to them unless I see a good bargain.

I mainly collect Oldbury United h/a all seasons.

Plus any Sandwell Borough, Ashtree Higfield, Smethwick Highfield, Smethwick Town, Halesowen Harriers or any other 'small' clubs from around my area no longer in business.

Despite my smaller collecting habits I am a fairly experienced collector and a previous non league dealer who for some reason just lost interest and sold all my West Brom stuff (homes complete lge/cup/fr/tests back to 1955 plus plenty from earlier and aways complete except 6 back to 1960/1 plus again plenty from before) when I got married 11 years ago and tried to start again but couldn't be bothered really to collect the same programmes as I had already owned. Tried collecting other things but always ended up selling them. Now when i'm not watching the Baggies home and away I go and watch Oldbury Utd and get on well with a few people who keep programmes for me but always on the lookout for any I need.
Lord Doggett

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:41 pm 
Post subject:

Hello,
I've supported the mighty (or decidedly average of late) Watford since 1977, and got into "serious" programme collecting about two years ago now.

I collect Homes from 1958/59 and have a complete collection of League and the two worthwhile Cup competitions. I also collect Aways from my birth (1964) of which I need just 8. I have about 2,700 programmes (plus about 400 doubles), which are stored in binders (pre-1980) or stacked on shelves (errr post-1980).

It was a rather scarily all emcompassing quest to find programmes to fully complete, but to be honest it's now more a case of if they crop up they crop up, which eventually they will, as to my knowledge all 8 are run of the mill common old garden issues none of which are particularly rare (although rare enough to be still needed!)

I'm now seriously considering putting a full stop on it, as the new ones are so bulky, and anything pre-58 is getting expensive, but then again.......
atletico

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:27 pm 
Post subject:

Hi,
I collect Aston Villa programmes.
I have almost every programme from 1960 to present day (missing about 30 issues)
Also collect Villa reserves (from the days when full programmes were issued)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:38 pm 
Post subject:

Hi from Munich

I collect

TSV 1860 Munich - home and away, Tickets, Books, Pins, Shirts ....
Germany - home and away
Switzerland - home and away
Liechtenstein - home and away
Austria - home
Croatia - home
German Cup Finals
Swiss Cup Finals
EC Cup finals
World cup tournament

I am following 1860 Munich for every game home and away and have a record of only missing four games since 1990. I also follow the german national team. But only to the away games.

If you are interested have a look on my homepage. Which is mostly written in german, but you can always click on the pictures and that helps you through my nearly 300 pages.

www.stadionprogramm.de

I would appriciate any comments about that homepage. Not only if you like it also if you give me a fair input what would help you as non german speaking collectors to find your way through my sites.

I have plenty of progs and stubs for for exchange or sale, but mostly from my above listed collections.

all the best from Munich

Olly
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:23 pm 
Post subject:

Olly.
I think the site is great. It must have taken you ages to scan all those programmes.
Jamie.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:51 pm 
Post subject:

I am only really intersested in Bristol Rovers 1st team games home and away including friendlies, testimonials, postponed games ect. Try to get one per team from any others teams as well. And of course any game I attend is a must.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:15 am 
Post subject:

atletico wrote:
Hi,
I collect Aston Villa programmes.
I have almost every programme from 1960 to present day (missing about 30 issues)
Also collect Villa reserves (from the days when full programmes were issued)
Looking for a copy of Villa v Man Utd 62/63 ,Dont have a spare copy do you?
bnek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:46 am 
Post subject:

Simply Southport FC. Very Happy
crowdedhouse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:38 pm 
Post subject: My Programme Collection

Hi,
I am currently trying to assemble a collection of programmes from each of the 92 English league clubs from the game where they recorded their highest home attendance. Many of these records were acheived before the Taylor Report and the resulting all-seater requirements of stadia, led to a reduced capacity. This has meant many clubs constructing new stadia, therefore, many records were acheived on old grounds rather than their current home.
This has led me to split my collection into two parts:
1. The all-time club record home attendance.
2. The record home attendance at their current stadium or all-seater attendance since redevelopment.
At the moment I have completed 30 out of the 92 current league clubs. This is not bad when you think 31 clubs actually had their highest gates before World War 2. Only 4 records have been broken since 2000 (MK Dons, Southampton, Dagenham & Redbridge and Aldershot Town).
The numbers break down as follows:
2000's - 4
1990's - 2
1980's - 0
1970's - 7
1960's - 19
1950's - 17
1940's - 12
1930's - 26
1920's - 4
1910's - 1
I will possibly change my first collection to post-war attendance records due to the cost and availibilty of pre-war programmes.
I have also recently started the second part of my collection for the record home all-seater attendance or attendance at a new stadia. This part of my collection changes quite a bit with new records set quite often. This season alone has so far seen 5 clubs (Blackpool, Hull, Colchester, Brighton & Rotherham) break their attendance records at their current stadia, so my collection is constantly developing.
Anyone collected anything like this before ?? How did you get on ??
Tigerhawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:21 pm 
Post subject:

I collect Havant & Waterlooville progs, also have started on Waterlooville and Havant Town.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:21 pm 
Post subject: Programme Collection

I collect all things Forest, going back to mid 50's, but since I've been on here, I've started to go back to the 40's, hopefully I'll go back even earlier. Always looking out for Forest stuff, and I have thousands of other progs from other clubs to sell/swap.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:53 pm 
Post subject: Re: Programme Collection

ForestMick wrote:
I collect all things Forest, going back to mid 50's, but since I've been on here, I've started to go back to the 40's, hopefully I'll go back even earlier. Always looking out for Forest stuff, and I have thousands of other progs from other clubs to sell/swap.
Any Blackburn 59/60, 60/61.
PRESTON WCFC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:35 pm 
Post subject:

Any Worcester City
Any FA Cup Finals, FA Vase Finals and FA trophy Finals
ECFCJohn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:51 pm 
Post subject:

Hello there

I collect 1989(year i was born) till present EXETER CITY home & away, any comp but considering going back further
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: