Football Programmes Centre

New guy.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaulCFC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:58 pm 
Post subject: New guy.

Hi folks I just registered. I collect enamel badges.. But I'm really here mostly on behalf of my dad.
He's collected football badges and programmes since being a kid.. Hes in his mid 70s now and not computer savvy..

He used to play in the Northern intermediate league in the 1960s and it was a search about that that led me here..

He has some interesting programmes team sheets etc.. from that era you guys might find interesting...

I don't think he will be parting with any time soon there his babys, But I'll try and get some pictures of them. ?
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:45 pm 
Post subject:

Welcome Saul and also to your dad. There are sure to be people here interested in your dad's career and the paperwork (eg programmes & teamsheets, tickets etc) that may come with it. Some images would be beneficial to you and to those on here. Good luck uploading them!

Plus there are many badge collectors on these pages and no doubt one or two will be in touch.

Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Spireitenag1955

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:41 pm 
Post subject:

Hi Saul.
Welcome to the site.
Did your Dad play for Chesterfield ?
Regards Nigel.
SaulCFC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:00 am 
Post subject:

Spireitenag1955 wrote:
Hi Saul.
Welcome to the site.
Did your Dad play for Chesterfield ?
Regards Nigel.

Hi Nigel,
Yes he did play for Chesterfield in the northern intermediate league. Then went to Mansfield town after a mix up at Chesterfield where he thought he hadn't been retained.. Turned out he had but nobody had let him know...
But by that time he'd found out he had already signed for Mansfield.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: