Football Programmes Centre

2022 World Cup programmes?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2022 World Cup programmes?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Championship. (Who is producing)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bokbag

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:31 pm 
Post subject: 2022 World Cup programmes?

Hi, does anyone know if there will be a programme for the World Cup this year? It seems strange there has been no news about this when it starts in 2 weeks time! There has been nothing apart from the official guide which is well out of date[/list]
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:20 am 
Post subject:

I can't see anything on the FIFA website or footballprogrammes.com

On the ticketing front it's 100% mobile ticketing. The FIFA website isn't explicit, but I think if you don't have (or lose) a smart phone they will have a back-up solution, but this may not include a printed ticket
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:56 pm 
Post subject:

I saw somebody on social media state some dealers contacted the usual potential publishers and none are doing a programme.

I spoke to somebody else who had heard it was a very eco World Cup with all the media stuff being online.

Those who bought hospitality tickets or who got sponsor tickets have received paper tickets. Paper tickets can be bought over the counter in Doha. All other tickets are digital. I understand they will not provide you with a paper ticket if you visit the ticket centre requesting one. For the Arab Cup they would not print my digital tickets. I paid 6 euros each and bought new ones. This also enabled 3 of us to sit together when I'd originally bought singles.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:37 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Gary, useful info

No doubt the usual tat will flood eBay out of Holland and Belarus
Bokbag

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:26 pm 
Post subject:

No programme at all is very disappointing, but probably indicative of the relative lack interest in the competition at least in England. Can’t believe FIFA aren’t doing any sort of programme but if they were they would surely have been out to dealers by now. Maybe there will be one for the final
RoddyN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:52 pm 
Post subject:

I believe there is one for the Final.
footballprogrammes.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:37 pm 
Post subject:

At this (albeit late stage) it has still not been confirmed whether any official programmes will be published for the tournament. The publishers of the last World Cup, Confederation Cup and UEFA Nations League finals programmes have advised me they have not been asked to publish one and are of the opinion that nothing will be on sale. FIFA and the Qatar World Cup organising committee are totally unresponsive on the subject.

Although its seems ridiculous, I have no reason to doubt the previous publishers word. The FIFA Club World Cup tournaments both held in Qatar in 2019 and 2020 also saw NO programmes published although these were in covid times with small attendances.

I will be in Qatar for the tournament and if anything is published I will endeavour to get a supply and will then put them on the www.onlineshop.footballprogrammes.com website.

@RoddyN what makes you think there would be an official programme for the final only?
seandel1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:13 am 
Post subject:

(logging on with another new account!!!)

There's an official guidebook which is similar to tournament brochures at previous World Cups, "FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: The Official Guide" widely available online (to get a physical item posted out to you that is!). Might be as close as you'll get to a programme for this shitshow.
grantham

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:24 pm 
Post subject:

FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: The Official Guide

Months out of date and totally pointless. Doesn't even include the play-off winners it was printed so long ago. I get your point about wanting to have something physical to mark the tournament, but not this !
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:17 pm 
Post subject:

I bought the Official Guide and like it and it fills a space in my box of programmes, but I do also understand why programme collector aficionados don't rate it as a programme.
Bokbag

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:20 pm 
Post subject:

I have also bitten the bullet and bought the guide, it was like £6.50 posted so it’s not a load and it fills a gap. I guess there wouldn’t be a huge difference to France 98 if they didn’t do a programme for the final, but it does seem a bit disappointing
garyspain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:23 pm 
Post subject:

An update although no real info

I am part of a WhatsApp group with fellow fans and some organising committee members dating back to the Arab Cup. I asked if anyone knew if there would be a programme, described what I meant and included a photo of Russia 2018 officiial programme.

Now I didn't get a response. If any of them knew of a programme I would have expected somebody to pipe up. This does not mean there won't be but another indicator that it is less likely.

There was no programme for the Arab Cup last year.

I will still of course try the FIFA shop but I fear it will be a tournament with little to collect for us dinosaurs. Tickets are almost all digital and not looking good on the programme front.
Bokbag

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:35 pm 
Post subject:

I can kind of see why there was nothing produced initially given squads have just been announced now it would have left little time to produce anything with up to date content. I don’t see why a final one couldn’t be produced though.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:26 pm 
Post subject:

HendonHotshots

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:25 pm 
Post subject:

Quite a few of these on eBay ranging in proce from £20 to £100 !!!!

Content wise it does have the feel of a fan guide with a lot of info on the stadiums but in the absence of anything else itts probably the closest thing to an official guide

Unsure how many pages the print version available in Qatar is but The online version is on the fifa website at 152 pages - I’ve attached a link for anyone who wants to have a read

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/4c8b929e7fb5c382/original/FWC-2022-Fan-Guide-111122.pdf
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:07 pm 
Post subject:

There are proper match tickets on sale on ebay if that's your thing, maybe as a result of the smarphone ticket app crashing? Surprised
garyspain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:39 am 
Post subject:

The official guide is readily available in English everywhere.

It is nice and collectable but be wary of ebay prices. I suspect loads will come back.

It is only in English btw and yes I have checked for Arabic.

From the fan embassies at the DECC

Free Lions readily available for Iran and USA
Wales 3 game brochure readily available
Germany Helmut magazine for Japan so far. I only got there the next day and they seemed to only have a couple left.
garyspain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:40 am 
Post subject:

Tickets are tough btw. They will not print without a good reason.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:35 am 
Post subject:

I am sure many purists won't care for them, but match attendees (only) can order 'souvenir tickets' which will arrive in the new year

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/articles/souvenir-tickets
seandel1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:38 pm 
Post subject:

Wouldn't be for me, but at least they're only about £2 each
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Championship. (Who is producing) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: