Football Programmes Centre

Noel Cantwell book and Infectious diseases
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Noel Cantwell book and Infectious diseases

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dereksuffolk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:20 am 
Post subject: Noel Cantwell book and Infectious diseases

Just pick up a copy of Noel Cantwell book United we stand from 1965. It is an ex library copy and I was interested in the Library warning given the past couple of years with Covid. It seems 1965 was dangerous too with all books from infectious people having to be returned to the public health department. See photo.
martino

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:38 am 
Post subject:

Could it have been this pandemic? I think this was called Hong Kong flu.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1968-pandemic.html?msclkid=d5509245a9cb11ecb1139fc3f397c7f7
colchestersid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:32 pm 
Post subject:

More likely to be the pre vaccination infectious diseases - TB, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio etc. All of these were (and still are) notifiable diseases

Most of these were starting to come down by the 1960s but the infant mortality rates were about five times higher than they are today (something conveniently forgotten by anti vaxxers
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Gone, but not forgotten All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: