Football Programmes Centre

Login problems
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Login problems
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kpswannie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:24 pm 
Post subject: Login problems

Hi here
I hope it’s ok to post this but my good friend Alex Boyd who posts as Eck on here is having problems logging in

He’s followed the procedure of forgotten password but not receiving an email to re activate his account

Can anyone help ?
Rocky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:02 am 
Post subject:

I've had Forum members contact me experiencing the same problem.

In view of the other recent thread (see link) citing the same problem, the question arises are admin or Craig really bothered? Are we slowly slipping back to the bad old days when the forum was neglected so badly that an alternative forum had to be constructed?

http://www.footballprogrammecentre.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=183233#183233

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187311548@N07/albums

https://www.flickr.com/photos/117760314@N07/albums
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:48 am 
Post subject:

Apologies for not picking up on this very quickly. Not been very well recently. Just a chest infection but felt like c**p. I have emailed Craig tonight so hopefully he will be able to get things sorted. I had this problem a few years ago and found that things worked when I switched to Chrome. If that doesn't work I am stumped but with a bit of luck Craig can help everyone out.
Cheers, Jamie.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Rocky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:02 am 
Post subject:

pastpirate wrote:
Apologies for not picking up on this very quickly. Not been very well recently. Just a chest infection but felt like c**p.

Obviously I was unaware of your circumstances Jamie, so please accept my apologies. I hope you have a speedy recovery and Craig sorts out this pesky problem shortly.

?

pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:55 pm 
Post subject:

No problem Rocky. Feeling a lot better now.

Cheers and hope it is all sorted soon, Jamie.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
sellsell75

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:18 pm 
Post subject:

Despite not being able to log in or receive a password reset, I have decided to create a new account, using a spare e-mail address.

I used to be sellsell39, now I am sellsell75.

[email protected].

There are still others that cannot log in or receive a password reset, so this needs looking at asap.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:09 pm 
Post subject:

Can anyone help me by describing the problems which occur when you try to log in?

Ive just logged in absolutely fine first time, but I appreciate this is not the same for everyone.

Details of what broswer and what path you take to log in would really help and also what happens when you try to log in?

Thanks
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:15 pm 
Post subject:

Not sure about logging on - I have no such problems, fortunately - but you get the message below when you reply on a thread.......

Last edited by Pete’s Picture Palace on Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:16 pm 
Post subject:

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 535 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: UGFzc3dvcmQ6

DEBUG MODE

Line : 133
File : smtp.php
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
das

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:45 pm 
Post subject:

I had a problem with logging in a few days ago but clearing the cookies and cache then doing a restart worked fine.

It's happened before too and that works but then again it's the next classic IT solution after turn off and back on again Smile

And I've just got the above message that Pete posted when I posted this.
sellsell75

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:45 pm 
Post subject:

Craig. If you request a new password, the e-mail link never arrives, so you remain logged out and unable to log in.

This is the bit that needs attention and fixing.

Many thanks.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:40 pm 
Post subject:

4 days on from the last post and no further word?, i am aware that others simply cannot log in still!.

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
Rocky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:11 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
4 days on from the last post and no further word?, i am aware that others simply cannot log in still!.

This reflects on the 'recent posts' list which at the time of writing shows posts over a period of 6 days. This is usually 1 day at the most and is an indication, as Leslie states, that people simply can't log on to contribute on the forum.

bee007

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:40 pm 
Post subject:

I had the same log in problems until i was advised to clear my "cache" which i did and could then sign in straight away.
das

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:59 pm 
Post subject:

bee007 wrote:
I had the same log in problems until i was advised to clear my "cache" which i did and could then sign in straight away.

I had the same problem logging in now so deleted the cookies from this site and got back in straight away
overlap

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:33 am 
Post subject:

Followed the above advice and am now finally in again too.
overlap

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:51 pm 
Post subject:

Followed the above advice and am now finally in again too.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:48 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 535 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: UGFzc3dvcmQ6

DEBUG MODE

Line : 133
File : smtp.php

Hi Pete.

This issue is sorted now - i believe (as I just had the issue when messaging Jamie and then fixed it, tried again and now didnt get the message!)

I think all issues were caused by the hosts (who im never happy with) restricting the email settings. This meant that mails werent getting through, including when sending PMs, forgotten password links and other things.

Ive changed a few things around so hopefully now this will work.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:51 pm 
Post subject:

sellsell75 wrote:
Craig. If you request a new password, the e-mail link never arrives, so you remain logged out and unable to log in.

This is the bit that needs attention and fixing.

Many thanks.

Hi sellsell75 - this is consistent with the issue I was having too and as mentioned above was due to a mail issue, rather than a hosting issue. This should now be resolved and anyone unable to log in, *SHOULD* be able to click the forgotten password link, get a new password and then log in.

You can then go to "My Account" and change the password to something memorable.

If anyone has issues above and beyond this, please let me know by either posting here (if thats possible!!!), or emailing me on [email protected]

Thank you
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:53 pm 
Post subject:

Bingo Craig, thank you!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Major Announcements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: