Football Programmes Centre

Italy v England 1973
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Italy v England 1973

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raxfactor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:33 pm 
Post subject: Italy v England 1973

This friendly match which was to celebrate the Italian FAs 75th anniversary, is one of the rarer England progs from 1970's is this because it's some sort of VIP issue given free to them and not available to fans on the day?
I only ask as there is no price on the cover which seems odd.
Thank for any info.

Raxfactor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:49 pm 
Post subject:

Looked at a few more Italian progs on eBay and they didn't have prices on either, euro championship prog in 1968, and the England 1998 WC qualifier to name two.
So that must be their way,, I have no idea why this one should be rare when 60k attended.
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:34 pm 
Post subject:

Not saying that this is the case for this one or indeed any of the others that you mentioned but in my experience up until the mid 1980s Italian league teams didn't produce programmes as such.

Programmes when produced were usually given away in limited very numbers on entry.

Programme collecting is not in their football culture whereas tickets, badges and scarves are.

I think this still might be the case, at one point I was collecting Italian national home programmes but had to stop due to the paucity of them.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: