| The most heart breaking e-bay sale ever? |
| View previous topic :: View next topic |
| Author |
Message |
farmersboy
Joined: 25 Jul 2010 Posts: 131 Location: Northampton
|
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:59 am
Post subject: The most heart breaking e-bay sale ever? |
|
|
I like to start my day by perusing e-bay in case any of the handful of Pompey friendlies that I need to complete my collection, are listed. I also look at the previous days sales. This morning there were 2 2008 cup final tickets that had sold for £30, unused! Who on earth had 2 tickets but didn't go? Couldn't they have found someone to use them?
Not living in Portsmouth, I was way down the list for tickets, but 1500 went on general sale, starting at 6.00am. I rang constantly, re-dialling after every engaged signal, I had a fans forum up on my computer, people were constantly posting that they had got their tickets. Eventually, the message came on that all tickets had been sold. Later, when I got my phone bill, there were 78 re-dials on it.
I used to dream of watching Pompey at Wembley as a kid, I didn't manage to get to either final, but I did go to the Community Shield, semi-final against Spurs and Checkatrade, so luckier than many, but the first cup final in living memory, that would have been something. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Kvaratschelia
Joined: 20 Aug 2010 Posts: 49
|
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:04 am
Post subject: |
|
|
It's maybe not as bad as you think. Tickets for hospitality (these were Club Wembley) are often not checked in the same way as you would have at a turnstile.
Also, at any football match there are always unused tickets left over - seats that had to be withdrawn or kept back for segregation, and match organisers always keep back a small number for emergencies. Usually these would be shredded after the match but (having worked in football) I know it is easy for some of them to be snaffled as souvenirs. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
GrestytheLion
Joined: 18 Jun 2014 Posts: 203
|
Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:15 am
Post subject: |
|
|
When I worked in the office for the company I worked for, my mate went on secondment for a few weeks into another area. On the Monday the guy who ran the department said they had two tickets, corporate for that year's FA CUP final, whoever was first to ask could have them.
On Friday as my mate left the office he picked them up and took them as no-one had wanted them. Needless to say there were over 100 people in that office and he went to the game with his son. As he said later, when we were kids, everyone wanted to go to the final, how much has changed. |
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
|
|
|
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
|
|
|
|
| |
|
|
|
galmpton, 4 hours, 47 minutes ago
poshimp1972, 7 hours, 46 minutes ago
chris_fountain, 8 hours, 58 minutes ago
chris_fountain, 8 hours, 58 minutes ago
chris_fountain, 9 hours, 23 minutes ago
infoman, 3 days, 20 hours ago
bigdavethemaddog, 4 days, 4 hours ago
Ron Saunders 2, 5 days ago
poshimp1972, 5 days, 11 hours ago
Enniskillendoc, 1 week, 2 days ago
Enniskillendoc, 1 week, 3 days ago
wok1271, 1 week, 5 days ago
Footyfan, 1 week, 5 days ago
goat49, 1 week, 6 days ago
Dorking, 2 weeks ago
Phil_MCFC_1946-1970, 2 weeks ago
killerandflash, 2 weeks ago
Dorking, 2 weeks ago
Kev63, 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Dorking, 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Dorking, 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Dorking, 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Five and In, 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Blueraider, 2 weeks, 3 days ago
markb9060, 2 weeks, 4 days ago
garyspain, 2 weeks, 4 days ago
goat49, 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Eck, 2 weeks, 5 days ago
goat49, 2 weeks, 5 days ago
goat49, 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Pete’s Picture Palace, 2 weeks, 6 days ago
goat49, 2 weeks, 6 days ago
grantham, 3 weeks ago
goat49, 3 weeks ago
Brem75, 3 weeks, 1 day ago
martino, 3 weeks, 1 day ago
martino, 3 weeks, 1 day ago
wok1271, 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Dorking, 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Five and In, 3 weeks, 5 days ago
thfcbasil, 3 weeks, 6 days ago
saint clarkie, 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Dorking, 3 weeks, 6 days ago
programme_seller, 1 month ago
Brem75, 1 month ago
Dorking, 1 month ago
bigearl79, 1 month ago
flashhat, 1 month ago
Thedoog10, 1 month ago
dorking!, 1 month ago |
| |
|
11,934
Members
10,015
Members Wants
40
Members Mini-Stores
4,327
Members Items for Sale
|
| |
|