Football Programmes Centre

Stranraer Ticket Stub dated 7/5/83?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stranraer Ticket Stub dated 7/5/83?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1871URZ

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:36 pm 
Post subject: Stranraer Ticket Stub dated 7/5/83?

Hi,
I'm wondering if anyone can help with identifying the fixture that was played at Stranraer dated 7th May 1983, I have a Complimentary Ticket for a game but when I've checked the 1st team fixtures for that season there is no game listed for that date?
I'm assuming it must be a Reserves or Junior fixture or maybe a Neutral Ground fixture given that it would have been towards the end of the season when local leagues maybe staging their cup finals?
Hope someone can assist
stfc831968

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:12 pm 
Post subject:

I've looked on the British Newspaper Archive and in the Aberdeen Press and Journal for that date it lists Stranraer to play Stirling Albion at home that day in Scottish Div 2.

The Sunday Mirror of 8 May 1983 says the match was postponed; unfortunately it doesn't say why.
Pacey Winger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:09 pm 
Post subject:

Pictured is the programme for the scheduled match followed by a photo of the article in Stirling's following home programme giving an explanation as to the postponment. I believe the programme for the 7th was re issued for the rescheduled match on the 10th.

Hope this helps

(Love the very honest description of the Celtic game)

Cheers

Jim

| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: