Football Programmes Centre

Ebay dealer name
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Ebay dealer name

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1889double

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:20 pm 
Post subject: Ebay dealer name

Can someone help me with the full name of an Ebay dealer who I need to contact? I know that it's bobwin, but there are a couple of other bits to it.
It will be of benefit to him.
kenners46

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:33 pm 
Post subject:

Bob Winstanley, look on google for Bobs progs
Pacey Winger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:33 pm 
Post subject:

Hi

I think it might be Rose Winstanley at Bobs Football Programmes. They have a website.

Regards

Jim
1889double

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:43 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks for the swift replies, lads. A "lost" item has suddenly arrived after several months.
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:51 pm 
Post subject:

I had a badge drop onto my doormat recently that took six or seven weeks to arrive. Quite why, only Royal Mail can answer that one, I'm afraid. I guess things slip through the cracks.

The upshot was, I'd already had a refund from the poor, beleaguered seller, so I immediately contacted her to explain what had occurred, and explained I'd need to pay her again. She seemed genuinely surprised & thanked me profusely for my honesty.

That surprised me, I thought that even in this day & age that the huge majority of us Brits are honest folk, it's just you never hear about us lot, instead only the few bad apples that ruin things for everyone.

Perhaps I'm living in a cave here, but I like to think that we, as a whole, are a pretty honest bunch?
No??
grantham

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:14 pm 
Post subject:

I think it's more due to the point you eluded to, the bad apples make bigger headlines than genuinely honest people. Well done for contacting the seller, it's good to hear good news stories from time to time, rather than all the negative stuff
1889double

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:55 pm 
Post subject:

Sent an email to Bob's Programmes and Rosemary rang a short while ago and I will be returning the item tomorrow as I have since acquired one. It's another plus point for this forum.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:21 pm 
Post subject:

I've had a similar thing happen just today. I sold a ticket on eBay, only £5, to a Portugese buyer two months ago.

He messaged me after six weeks to say it never arrived so I refunded the purchase and thought no more

Today I got a message from him saying the ticket had finally turned up and asking for my email address so he could return the refund (I told him no need)

I know eBay has a bad reputation sometimes but buying and selling over the last 20 years (and Programme Monthly before then & this forum as well) I can think of maybe only a couple of bad experiences in almost 40 years - and that is out of thousands of transactions
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

Swapped some items with a fellow fan in Morocco.
His stuff took two weeks to get to me whilst my stuff to him took a month.
Is the Morroccan post office really good or our one really bad...?

I'm wondering if one of the reasons for late post is boots on the ground, postmen on holiday who's duties are not being covered by casual staff.
Five and In

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:54 am 
Post subject: Ebay dealer name

A couple of weeks ago I had a magazine that I had sold LAST OCTOBER, turn up through my letterbox.

The envelope had about a dozen Royal Mail stickers on it ranging from "unable to deliver" to "not collected from sorting office"and the latest of those stickers was dated from February.

I have tried to contact the buyer, but have heard nothing at all from him, so I assume he has moved away and changed his e-mail address as well. I suppose there is also a chance that he has passed away, but hopefully not.

I am suprised that there was no contact from the buyer back in October when he would have been expecting the delivery, but for me the bigger question is why on earth have Royal Mail been sitting on the parcel for almost a year before returning, especially in the last seven months since they last put a sticker on it?
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:15 am 
Post subject:

Heard a tale a while ago about a postman who'd left the service after a few years with them.
They went and broke open his locker only to discover thousands of letters which had gone undelivered.
It turned out the postman was dyslexic and couldn't read properly and embarrassed by his condition decided to store envelopes rather than seek help.
Not saying that's what happened to yours though five but it does make me wonder... Confused
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: