Football Programmes Centre

Staceys auction 28/6/2021 cardiff city
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Staceys auction 28/6/2021 cardiff city

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazorblade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:38 pm 
Post subject: Staceys auction 28/6/2021 cardiff city

I see that there are a number of late entries for 1930/31 cardiff city programmes lacking covers - I assume that this is the lot acquired from Mullocks in April 2021- the bound folder sold for £1200 + Commissions. The programmes are on for various estimates from £50 - £100. I assume the vendor is hoping to "double" his money but without the covers I think this might be difficult.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:51 pm 
Post subject:

I think all but one of them sold but I'll leave you to do the maths on how well the vendor did out of this

Overall it looked a very successful auction, 95%+ of the lots showed as sold on the Saleroom. A few Arsenal and Tottenham collectors with empty pockets after that!
cardiff55

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:53 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, that vendor also bought two bound volumes of Cardiff from 1920s at £650 each (+fees) and soon mad his money back on eBay. It is a well know dealer.

As a Cardiff fan I couldn't afford them at the time, an dit's such a shame to see them split up. I don't buy pre War without the covers anyway but a bound volume would diva been nice. But to to get all three would have cost me £3k.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: