Football Programmes Centre

Holland v Scotland friendly in Portugal 2021
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Holland v Scotland friendly in Portugal 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gertjan

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 3:20 pm 
Post subject: Holland v Scotland friendly in Portugal 2021

This programme has just been offered on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114831463732?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dbb248a548edc43a8b43f0e7eb358cb92%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D114831463732%26itm%3D114831463732%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Ae6909d7e-c219-11eb-8170-1219e2e8ead3%7Cparentrq%3Ac2c2a32f1790a4b6b0df1d8affe0e448%7Ciid%3A1

It's not an issue by the Football Association.
As the KNVB (Dutch FA) doesn't issue programmes anymore since a couple of years, a group of supporters took over, and produced programmes the last years.
These group of supporters now established a foundation, who will make the programmes, hopefully for the next years. This is with the approval of the Dutch FA.

Furthermore, I spoke to the people who make these programmes. The price asked for on ebay is way too high. Just wait, they will be offered much, much cheaper.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:30 pm 
Post subject:

The seller claims these are Official, they are not. The Dutch FA confirmed that no programmes are being produced.

Is the programme on eBay the one from this supporters group?
gertjan

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 5:52 pm 
Post subject:

Exactly. This programme is published by the group.

Seller is doing unreliable business for 30 years already. There have been articles about him in Programme Monthly
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 6:13 pm 
Post subject:

OK so it is a pirate issue, or a "fans issue", not official and nowhere near Portugal.

£30 is just robbery.
gertjan

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:54 pm 
Post subject:

That's right.

However, the makers of these programmes (compare it to the Free Lions issue) have been making these programmes for a couple of years now, and they will soon have this programme available for a normal price (couple of pounds I expect) for those who are interested.

As for this seller (Mike Verhoef), ignore him. Or ignore the whole programme if you're not interested in these kind of programmes.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 11:25 pm 
Post subject:

So why is this guy selling them for £30, and why aren't they being sold for a few pounds by the people who created them?
gertjan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:07 am 
Post subject:

The new established foundation will produce a programme for the next years. The introduction of this foundation will be on wednesday.
As I understand, they will have a website after that, where you can order the programmes.

This seller unfortunately took hold of a number of programmes and (as I understood) didn't want to listen to keep it quiet until wednesday.

But tommorow there will be more news, including a possibilty to order the programme (as I understood). And that will certainly not be for a ridiculous price like in the auction mentioned before.

This seller is a giant pr****. But the programme is a good effort. And it is with the cooperation of the Dutch FA.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:43 am 
Post subject:

OK, can you post the website link once launched please.
gertjan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:26 pm 
Post subject:

Here already the digital version:

https://www.flipsnack.com/76855BCC5A8/nederlandselftal_2juni2021-36pa5-digitaal/full-view.html

As you can see, a very descent programme.

The programme will be available at the stadium for free for future matches. Bear that in mind (free!) and notice again what the seller mentioned above charges for the programme (30 pounds, he got them probably for free too).

Further details about how to get the programme will follow.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:11 pm 
Post subject:

Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:27 pm 
Post subject:

So now two different ebay sellers at £30+

Someone is trying to make a lot of money, why aren't these on sale for a few pounds as claimed? Something isn't right here.
gertjan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:19 am 
Post subject:

Second seller is from UK. You can ask him how he got the programmes. (Although it wouldn't surprise me if it was still the same seller, Mike Verhoef from the Netherlands again, playing tricks to drive up the price)

The programme against Scotland (and a new one against Georgia tonight) are available at the stadium for free.

Details (as you say "on sale for a few pounds as claimed") on how to buy them online are not known so far. I'm not involved in the programme, I'm only giving you the information I got. They had a press release last wednesday about the new foundation, but no possibility yet (as far as I know) to order online.

I did not claim anything.
For people interested, I can get you into contact with the makers of the programme. I don't know for sure if they will do the shipping to the UK, but they did it before (this programme already exists for a couple of years). They are friendly, good people with love for the matchday programme and not in there to make money.

Furthermore, I would never ever pay 30 pounds for a programme that was in the same week offered for free at the stadium, but everybody can make his own decision.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:55 am 
Post subject:

Just a point, the programme was not available at the stadium in Faro, a Scotland collector was there and nothing was available and entry to the stadium was of course not possible.

I just find it strange that some people can obtain this programme to sell for £30 on ebay, but the actual makers/creators cannot list them on ebay for a proper price.

Maybe one of them can come onto our Facebook page and explain the circumstances of this programme, the legitimacy of it, and offer them for sale directly to Scotland collectors;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/scotlandmemorabilia
gertjan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:21 am 
Post subject:

No, the Portugal one was definitely not available at the stadium. Holland is playing again tonight, where they ARE available to at the stadium at the FA-merchandise booth (for free). And for future matches they will be available at the stadium, for free.

I was patiently trying to give everybody information here about the programme. Advice not to spend 30 pounds on this programme, but I get comments like "Something isn't right here.".

So, "Tynie Topics" you do what you wanna do.

For anyone else interested: here is the complete press-release. (Google) Translate it into English), and 2 of the 3 guys involved are to be find on Facebook. Contact them, I'm not involved and only want to give you the information I have at the moment.
(I just heard that soon information will follow how to buy the programmes online, but again, I'm not involved)

----------------------------------------------

Stichting Programmaboekje Oranje en Voetbaldrukker slaan handen ineen

Toen de KNVB in 2016 besloot verder te gaan zonder programmaboekje bij interlandwedstrijden van het Nederlands elftal vond een aantal trouwe supporters dat geen goed idee. Tradities zijn er om in stand te houden en een gebruik dat er al zeker sinds 1909 bestaat, gooi je niet zomaar bij het spreekwoordelijke ‘oud vuil’.

Dus werd er eerst op hele kleine schaal in eigen beheer (en op eigen kosten) een programmaboekje gemaakt voor een kleine groep belangstellenden. Langzaam maar zeker werden de aantallen verder opgeschroefd, mede omdat de vraag en belangstelling er wel degelijk nog zijn. Velen zien een programmaboekje, net als de initiatiefnemers, als onderdeel van de ‘voetbalbeleving’ rondom een voetbalwedstrijd. Zéker bij een wedstrijd tussen twee landenteams!

Ook de KNVB kon het initiatief kennelijk toch wel waarderen en werkte al snel mee aan de totstandkoming van een programmaboekje bij wedstrijden van Oranje. Met name middels fotomateriaal via de eigen KNVB Beeldbank, maar ook door regelmatig te adverteren én een een voorwoord te verzorgen.

Zo bleef de traditie alsnog in stand, alhoewel de coronapandemie, net als wereldwijd bij allerlei clubs en landenteams, tot een tijdelijke pauze leidde in het voorzien in het papieren kleinood. Immers: geen publiek, dan ook geen programma helaas.

Om de activiteiten een beetje een formele status te geven werd in februari 2020 de Stichting Programmaboekje Oranje opgericht, geheel zoals het hoort bij de notaris.

En om de activiteiten nog meer te ‘professionaliseren’ én weer te kunnen voorzien in een gratis programmaboekje, waarbij ook de kwaliteit een impuls krijgt, is inmiddels (sinds augustus 2020) een samenwerking aangegaan met het bedrijf Voetbaldrukker.

Samen met Voetbaldrukker gaan wij ervan uit dat het programmaboekje bij Oranje nog jarenlang zal blijven bestaan en menig voetballiefhebber zal plezieren voor, tijdens én na de wedstrijden van het Nederlands elftal.

Edwin Prins, Ronald Kres, Geurt Rozendaal.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:33 am 
Post subject:

I am only asking questions to establish the legitimacy of this programme.

As you know, there are lots of unofficial programmes circulating these days and many have come out of the Netherlands in the past (I ran into the Dutch individuals selling them in Luxembourg in 2012 at the Scotland match there) so people are very wary before purchasing these items.

Thanks for the information, I'll await developments with regards to purchasing link.
garyspain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:32 pm 
Post subject:

From what I know

The KNVB no longer produce a programme. A fans group does and it is allowed. For home games it is available from a merchandise stall inside the stadium. No attempts are made to make this rare. However it is
not always easy to get in advance or if not attending the game.

I tried to get some in advance of a game v Northern Ireland there a couple of years ago and it wasn't possible. No problem on the night. A legitimate Dutch collector did try to help as well.

There are a couple of total gangsters in the Netherlands who produce fake programmes , pull all sorts of stunts. They are to be avoided at all costs.
One was responsible for the fake Real Madrid v Man Utd 1957 programme he got from the Dutch referee. It was printed with a font invented in 1973.
Others may be comfortable naming that criminal but I will leave it to them.
He uses various aliases on ebay.

Gertjan has nothing to do with them. He is a to the best of my knowledge a well respected collector. So no need to shoot the messenger.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:46 pm 
Post subject:

garyspain wrote:
From what I know

The KNVB no longer produce a programme. A fans group does and it is allowed. For home games it is available from a merchandise stall inside the stadium. No attempts are made to make this rare. However it is
not always easy to get in advance or if not attending the game.

I tried to get some in advance of a game v Northern Ireland there a couple of years ago and it wasn't possible. No problem on the night. A legitimate Dutch collector did try to help as well.

There are a couple of total gangsters in the Netherlands who produce fake programmes , pull all sorts of stunts. They are to be avoided at all costs.
One was responsible for the fake Real Madrid v Man Utd 1957 programme he got from the Dutch referee. It was printed with a font invented in 1973.
Others may be comfortable naming that criminal but I will leave it to them.
He uses various aliases on ebay.

Gertjan has nothing to do with them. He is a to the best of my knowledge a well respected collector. So no need to shoot the messenger.

Thanks Gary, if you're happy with the legitimacy then I'm happy.

No intention to shoot anyone, just trying to understand what the situation is here, can't be too careful given past experiences.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:07 pm 
Post subject:

I notice now that an English dealer has 5 copies of these on eBay for £30 a pop. Not sure we're going to see these being offered to Scotland collectors at a reasonable price anytime soon.
gertjan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:11 pm 
Post subject:

i wasn't planning to respond anymore, but okay.

As you can read from my previous answer, I recommended to contact one of the 3 makers (Edwin Prins, Ronald Kres, Geurt Rozendaal). Two of them you can find on Facebook.
Although they had the programmes from previous years for sale at a price of about 2,50/3 euro's, the price has been gone up to 10 euro since this year. Since they started the cooperation. Don't know why this is, may be they have higher costs. I'm not involved in this.

10 EURO (about GBP 8.50) is still a lot cheaper then the prices offered on eBay. For you to decide if it's worth it.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: