Football Programmes Centre

Categories of collections
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Categories of collections
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:55 pm 
Post subject:

Crystal Palace home & away back to WW2.

Intention was to get one per season home and a few aways each season back to WW1 but gave up on that due to cost and also discovering press photos - have built up one of the largest CPFC photo collections anywhere (not quite as big as Nutfield Priory's but getting there!).

All FA Cup Finals from 1946 to 1990.

The 6 x Div 3 North v Div 3 South 1955-1958 (wish there were more!).

Also have over 8000 press photos - all clubs, all shapes & sizes - on sale on my website. Not a collection as such but an aid to anyone who wants to start one or add to their existing collections. All sales are reinvested in my collections.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
cardiff55

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:07 pm 
Post subject:

I have large Cardiff City collection but also collect some South Wales non-league clubs from when they are in the Southern League. So that's Barry Town, Merthyr Tydfil, Lovell's Athletic, Llanelly and Bridgend Town. Only the pre 70 stuff for the first four named.

Also I have Tottenham 1967-75 including all Reserve and Youth.
And Stirling Albion as I used to work for a firm based in Stirling. They are quite expensive 1950s and 40s as PaceyWinger says above.

I did try Cardiff pre War but too expensive but a few come up now and again at reasonable prices.

I have decided to thin it all out, so the Tottenham stuff is on Ebay , and the Lovell's and Llanelly as of yesterday. Merthyr and Barry next.
nutfield priory

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:53 pm 
Post subject:

Pete’s Picture Palace wrote:
Crystal Palace home & away back to WW2.

Intention was to get one per season home and a few aways each season back to WW1 but gave up on that due to cost and also discovering press photos - have built up one of the largest CPFC photo collections anywhere (not quite as big as Nutfield Priory's but getting there!).

All FA Cup Finals from 1946 to 1990.

The 6 x Div 3 North v Div 3 South 1955-1958 (wish there were more!).

Also have over 8000 press photos - all clubs, all shapes & sizes - on sale on my website. Not a collection as such but an aid to anyone who wants to start one or add to their existing collections. All sales are reinvested in my collections.

Thanks for the compliment Pete but like to think our CPFC photo collections are similar in size which would be worthy of publication in book form some time in the future.
overlap

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:03 am 
Post subject:

martino wrote:
I collect 1950's English football league Christmas Day programmes.

No particular reason: when I was looking for something else to collect many years ago it seemed to be a bit different.

Not easy and I am in no hurry - about half way there and 135 left to go so if anyone has any for sale let me know.

Hi Martino, interesting to read you collect 1950 xmas day programmes as this is one of my favourites among my 1950s programmes, Bristol city v Plymouth 25 Dec 1950.
martino

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:11 pm 
Post subject:

overlap wrote:
martino wrote:
I collect 1950's English football league Christmas Day programmes.

No particular reason: when I was looking for something else to collect many years ago it seemed to be a bit different.

Not easy and I am in no hurry - about half way there and 135 left to go so if anyone has any for sale let me know.

Hi Martino, interesting to read you collect 1950 xmas day programmes as this is one of my favourites among my 1950s programmes, Bristol city v Plymouth 25 Dec 1950.

That one is still on the wants list. The ones for the early 50's that I have collected to date I have not paid much for. I have been outbid on E Bay for some which have gone for good money. As I said I am not in a hurry and I will pick them off when I can.
wok1271

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:10 pm 
Post subject:

one of my collections is

First Home & Away game in the Premier League 1992/93 - to date

I am missing Huddersfield v Newcastle 2017/18 if anyone can help ??
tackler7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:02 am 
Post subject:

If a Rugby collector may interloper.

Aside from my club and County collections (the former I eagerly seek, the latter I pick up when available), I started collecting Second World War programmes featuring one of our international players.

The Wartime programmes are interesting as they show teams and combination of players that you don't get at any other time in the sports history.
seand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:35 pm 
Post subject:

Everything Dundalk is my main interest, and I actively collect Irish homes in Europe. Then I'll pick up what I can of Irish domestic cup finals, Irish away in Europe, Irish in Europe tickets, Ireland internationals, Irish football books.

I also have in my collection quite a lot of Liverpool 50s-90s and European finals from before I changed focus, lots of Shamrock Rovers from when my wife was a season ticket holder. Then there are miscellaneous other bits of collections casually acquired and sporadically added to!
barbard

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:56 pm 
Post subject:

hey, first post so be kind Very Happy

Being an arsenal fan that's the main area concentrating on homes 1940-1980.

Other interests are London/southern based, so the London Challenge Cup, Southern Floodlight League. But also many ideas if time/money allow.

Also interested in how people catalogue/record their collections particularly how they categorise their collections, i tend to do by season or competition? I tend to like a book as well as spreadsheets/databases. Something to flick through.
grantham

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:39 pm 
Post subject:

I'm SO tempted to start a new collection, whereby I collect the home and away programmes of the League Champions of the English top flight.

I know I already have anumber of seasons done and alot of partial seasons already due to my vast collection of programmes, but to date I have resisted.

I think it would be quite an interesting collection as it grows

Last edited by grantham on Fri May 14, 2021 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Raxfactor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:45 pm 
Post subject:

When I first started collecting it was England homes, England v Italy 1959 first prog bought at the Southport programme fair many years ago now, (mint condition) that hooked me, then added aways drifted back to 1946 then included wartime issues and as programme prices declined significantly even been able to add a few pre war.
So the range is pre war 1930 to 2000, plus a few tickets, thought about trimming the timeline to 1980.

At the same time collected Wigan Ath non league h+a (pre 1978)

The third branch is Man Utd h+a started with 1963/4 George Bests debut season which has expanded to 1957/8 Munich to 1966/7 but that will stop there.

Still have lots of gaps to fill, so happy to keep going although family aren't interested so what will happen to them who knows, but its a enjoyable pass time.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: