Football Programmes Centre

Beware Fellow Forum Members & Collectors
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Beware Fellow Forum Members & Collectors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stourbridge Lion

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:30 pm 
Post subject: Beware Fellow Forum Members & Collectors

Just a quick note to other members on the forum beware of random people asking for specific tickets mainly Manchester United but also games involving other high profile players Messi, Ronaldo etc I have been made aware that these are being sold on to mainly American buyers for large sums of money and for massive profits after being purchased cheaply off unsuspecting collectors!
Pablo2019

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:50 pm 
Post subject: Re: Beware Fellow Forum Members & Collectors

Stourbridge Lion wrote:
Just a quick note to other members on the forum beware of random people asking for specific tickets mainly Manchester United but also games involving other high profile players Messi, Ronaldo etc I have been made aware that these are being sold on to mainly American buyers for large sums of money and for massive profits after being purchased cheaply off unsuspecting collectors!

So, business?
Super Hoopy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:23 pm 
Post subject:

Exactly it's business, therefore i'm presuming that most on here are aware of this anyway.

I remember the first west London fair after the lockdowns had ended, a very large amount of these mainly older teenagers asking dealers if they had any Ronaldo, Messi or Beckham stickers...

Doesn't stop me though at boot fairs asking sellers if they have any Faberge Easter eggs, LS Lowry original paintings, Thomas Chippendale furniture or gold and silver ingots... Very Happy
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:29 pm 
Post subject:

A lot of these high value Ronaldo, Messi and Beckham items are "sold" through one American dealer - all are private listings and lots of accusations of shill bidding in the feedback (and there are 100 negatives in the last month alone)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/fdbk/feedback_profile/pwcc_auctions?filter=feedback_page:RECEIVED_AS_SELLER&_trksid=p2047675.l2560
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:47 pm 
Post subject:

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2021/8/1629255806.html

...and interesting to see that PWCC and eBay have parted company amidst accusations of shill bidding just last week

According to the link, PWCC may have been paying fees far lower than usual for eBay (1-3% mentioned)
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: