Football Programmes Centre

Behind Closed Doors programmes future value
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Behind Closed Doors programmes future value

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evertonstreetend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:09 am 
Post subject: Behind Closed Doors programmes future value

Despite games being BCD, I've still been purchasing programmes online to keep up with my tradition of collecting all Everton programmes. However it's got me thinking... as we all know, modern day programmes are pretty worthless in terms of resale value. But I suspect programmes from the BCD games may actually be the only modern day programmes which will hold some value. I'm not sure on what programme sales figures are but I can imagine it to be tiny in percentage terms, compared to how many programmes that clubs sell at the stadium on match day.

What are your thoughts? Not that I'm particularly bothered about the value as I don't ever intend on selling, and they're priceless to me. I'm just curious and wondered what other people thought.

I can see BCD programmes being very hard to obtain in a few years.
flashhat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:40 am 
Post subject:

I guess it will come down to how many are being printed per club? Luton for instance are only printing what they sell, they take pre-orders then print exactly what has been ordered, the only option after the cut off point then is buying the pdf, which is suppose could be re-printed sometime in future if there is enough interest

My football memorabilia: https://www.flickr.com/photos/192140619@N08/albums

Non-league photographer https://www.flickr.com/photos/143473465@N03/albums

https://www.sportsshots.org.uk/
martino

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:47 pm 
Post subject:

I have bought a couple of programmes that were printed for games that were never played in season 19/20 in the hope that these may appreciate in value over time but I suspect that I will be long gone before that happens!

Sad
HendonHotshots

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:47 pm 
Post subject:

At last look the 19/20 Manchester City postponed issues v Burnley & Arsenal appear to be going for a premium on ebay and Most others seem to hold their value.

The hardback 2020 FAC Final programme seems rarer than hens teeth as I haven’t seen a copy come up for sale at all..

It does open a world of collecting possibilities and what might be more collectible are the last-minute postponed BCD issues. As an example Everton v Man City pp’d in December is not sold on the printers (reach sports) website.although a few copies have surfaced on ebay. Ignition have said the Aston Villa v Newcastle postponed in December didn’t go to print but who is to say whether one might appear for sale.

Given the upcoming vote in the national league and the increasing likelihood the national league north and south are declared null and void there is also the possibility of collecting programmes for matches never played.

the biggest challenge of all in the future could well be differentiating an original printed programme from an expertly printed from digital programme!!!
goodison

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:58 pm 
Post subject:

As the Everton v Man City game was only postponed a few hours before it was due to take place, then it was for sale on the Reach Sport website for a while before the day of the game. As I have a subscription with them my copy was actually delivered before the game was postponed. I would expect that there will be a fair few in circulation which may keep the value of it down a bit.
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:31 pm 
Post subject:

There aren't many clubs at all in the National League South actually selling printed programmes, so the chance of getting a postponed issue is even rarer!
notreve

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:49 pm 
Post subject:

Since there happen to be a couple of other Everton collectors in this thread I’d just like to ask what they think about our programme at the moment- I have to say I’m very disappointed with it currently - it seems a poor read compared to the away issues I’m seeing - I think it lacks variety- the main reading is two long interviews - there is almost nothing of historical interest ( compared to Man U who recalled the fixture from 63 and Leeds who chose a fixture from the early 90s)
That said I’m still glad they are producing something but I’d love to see a bit more imagination next season imho
goodison

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:20 pm 
Post subject:

notreve I agree with you, does have a bit of a feel of going through the motions with it this season. Always better to have a programme produced than not though, hopefully next season will see an improvement on it. I usually have a quick look through it when it arrives, but nothing really grabs my attention to go back to it after that.
kempo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:39 pm 
Post subject: Behind Closed Doors programmes future value

Hi i have a subscription for Everton homes with Reach sports,at present 9/2/21 i am still waiting for Rotherham cup game and Newcastle programmes ,has with content very sparse in my opinion.
Mike
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:59 pm 
Post subject:

I am making sure I obtain every Palace programme home and away. Some of the away issues have been excellent, West Ham and Newcastle spring to mind as particularly good productions.

Twice now Wolves away has been an issue covering more than one game, but I suppose it's better than not having one.

Only game when there wasn't anything was Bournemouth away in the league cup, not even a teamsheet!

I think the rarities in years to come won't just be postponed issues but also
good quality printed versions of digital only programmes. Its each collectors call whether they collect printed from pdf programmes, but I am a fan, and I think it makes it more special to have got something that took a bit more trouble to obtain and collect
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: