Football Programmes Centre

1986 World Cup
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1986 World Cup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bokbag

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:38 pm 
Post subject: 1986 World Cup

Hi

This item recently finished on EBay, does anyone have any info on this? I’ve never come across it before. Just wondering if it’s an official release or a bit like other tournaments where several programmes were produced as the copyright wasn’t centralised. Thanks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-FIFA-WORLD-RARE-MEXICAN-TOURNAMENT-PROGRAMME-ENGLAND-USSR-MARADONA/324416005514#vi__app-cvip-panel
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:27 pm 
Post subject:

Looks like some locally produced unofficial magazine - there was an official programme, widely available in Spanish and English

From the pictures there is no "official" content, just some pages on previous World Cups, the venues, a schedule and one page on each of the teams. The back page is missing a couple of flags and has the Union Flag rather than Cross of St George, both pretty clear indicators that this was a local knock-off

All in all, calling it a programme (and calling it rare + asking £149.99) seems a but hopeful
Bokbag

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:34 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks. I was offered it for £100 (didn’t buy it) but see it may have been sold, so I am guessing if it has it’s gone for £100. Yeah I have the two more widely available 86 programmes. There are also a bunch of “pique” official programmes with the mascot on the front cover, one of which was produced for Mexico itself. So feels unlikely this is an official release in Mexico
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:21 pm 
Post subject:

It was my programme and is rare as listed. It sold for £125 and is on its way to Russia,
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: