Football Programmes Centre

PRESS PHOTOS
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PRESS PHOTOS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:13 pm 
Post subject: PRESS PHOTOS

As most of you know, I have a website from where I sell original press photos and the occasional postcard. They are dear to my heart and I know some of you share some of that enthusiasm with me. I've been trying to think of something that may attract new interest, and also provide readers here with the opportunity to get involved. So this is what I propose to do, with effect from New Year's Day and every day thereafter.

Under the thread heading - "EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY" (with apologies to Rod Stewart!) - I shall choose a photo from among the 8000+ currently on the site, or from recent new arrivals, or from my own personal Crystal Palace FC collection, which may be relevant to that day, or may have some other need for an airing. It could be anything - I am open to some suggestions if you'd like me to go down a certain route on any given day. Drop me a PM or email if you have any ideas please.

But this photo could be a match, a team, a player, a manager, an official, some fans, anything - and it could be a hero of your club, someone you love, or alternatively, someone you loathe. I would like you to post a reply daily if you have anything to contribute, your memory of the match, an incident, or getting to or from it, or of a player or manager or match official. Anything - and as the heading will say "EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY".

I want you to make that story real. I won't say another word after my posting the photo - it's all down to you - unless you provoke me to say something but I'll keep that to a minimum.

So, from 1st January, please watch this space.

Thank you.

Read It Nod

PS: I'll give it a couple of weeks and will abort if there's no significant interest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
seand

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:35 am 
Post subject:

Sounds great Pete, quirkier the better, please!
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:18 pm 
Post subject:

Great idea, Pete.
Always interesting to read others' personal anecdotes.
Hope it catches on.
Five and In

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:58 am 
Post subject: PRESS PHOTOS

Sounds like a great idea Pete and should be a popular addition to the site.
Good luck Thumbs Up
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: