Football Programmes Centre

Royal Mail price increases from 1st January 2021
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Royal Mail price increases from 1st January 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:33 pm 
Post subject:

I think the universal mail service is something to cherish, despite its erratic delivery patterns at the moment for which there are probably lots of contibutory reasons.

I have had packages on the 48 hour service that can only be bought on-line arrive 10 days late in recent months, one parcel go missing (only the second time ever this has happened), but generally service is excellent.

Today is a case in point; I ordered two items from ebay on Monday evening, one a programme, another something less exciting- a shower hose. Both were dispatched first class yesterday by the sellers and both arrived at 09.30 today.

I still have 30 or so copies left of my book about Bootham Crescent, and sold quite a few pre-Xmas on free postage. Many buyers were in and around York, so I decided to hand-deliver 3 or 4 one morning and it took bloody ages and wasn't worth the hassle to save £3.10 parcel post.

I complain about the service from time to time, but overall I still believe it to be excellent value. It's so important to keep it going, as we'll miss it when it's gone. That said, the talk of ceasing Saturday deliveries is a bit of a concern for us collectors!
sellsell39

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:36 pm 
Post subject:

The postmen don't want to cease Saturday letter deliveries either Minsterman.

We want to protect the Universal 6 day service - as it currently stands at the moment.

Its going to make every Monday a very long and difficult day.

I recently learned of our new 2 year pay deal which is very good, however if you go back about three months i am sure that Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced a pay freeze for all NHS staff. Whichever way you look at it, this cannot be right, as they are far more deserving in my opinion.

Any thoughts lads ?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: