Football Programmes Centre

eBay and PayPal
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
eBay and PayPal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hibernian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:00 pm 
Post subject: eBay and PayPal

Guys
A bit of help if possible.
How much do PayPal charge now ? I am trying to work out a refund to post 4 programmes together.
Cost of 4 programmes was £40.96 and post paid was £4.80 totalling £45.76.Obviously i want to refund excess post
Paypal took £1.63 in total. I think they charge 20p per transaction plus their percentage
I know eBay charge 10% so that's easy
The £1.63 doesn't seem correct as i thought they charged 3.4% plus 20p per item.
It would have been easy if the guy requested an invoice, now he thinks all the excess post should be refunded !
Any help appreciated as always
martino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:00 pm 
Post subject:

I know a lot of sellers lump E Bay and Pay Pal fees into their P&P costs and I may be missing the point (as usual) but if he paid £4.80 postage and it cost you £x.xx to send, then the refund is the difference. A satisfied buyer is more likely to buy from you again.

I found out recently from E Bay that you cannot request a "combined invoice" if you buy via their App. You can only request a "combined invoice" if you buy through their website.
se20blue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:30 pm 
Post subject:

If you are still using PayPal via Ebay they charge 2.9% + 30p per transaction

martino the problem now is PayPal do not refund any commission when credit is given to buyers.
hibernian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:44 am 
Post subject:

Thank You Se20, I can work it out now Laughing
hibernian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:46 am 
Post subject:

martino wrote:
I know a lot of sellers lump E Bay and Pay Pal fees into their P&P costs and I may be missing the point (as usual) but if he paid £4.80 postage and it cost you £x.xx to send, then the refund is the difference. A satisfied buyer is more likely to buy from you again.

I found out recently from E Bay that you cannot request a "combined invoice" if you buy via their App. You can only request a "combined invoice" if you buy through their website.

I know Martino, but i initially thought they were taking 30p x4. I was wrong. Very Happy
se20blue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:04 pm 
Post subject:

I found out recently from E Bay that you cannot request a "combined invoice" if you buy via their App. You can only request a "combined invoice" if you buy through their website.[/quote]

Apps are the latest thing ? = more profit for Ebay
martino

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:40 pm 
Post subject:

se20blue wrote:

Apps are the latest thing ? = more profit for Ebay[/quote]

Yes it is a pain. A lot of buyers buy through the App these days. As a seller who offers combined postage I find myself frequently working out the postage over-payment and sticking stamps in with the order for the refund.

As you say more profit for E Bay as they take their fee on the selling price plus the inflated postage cost.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> eBay All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: