Football Programmes Centre

In Memory of John Holroyd - Auchinleck Talbot FC
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
In Memory of John Holroyd - Auchinleck Talbot FC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baltimore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:27 pm 
Post subject:

A big thank you Pete for doing all this on our behalf’s!

Ian
Gordon7co

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:40 pm 
Post subject:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07rf4x0

A bit about Auchinleck from last seasons BBC View from the terrace programme
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:06 pm 
Post subject:

I have now paid a further £45 into the ATFC account, which takes what looks like our final total to £520.

If anyone else would like to make a donation, it might be a good idea if that was done directly to the club, it's pointless as a one-off paying me to pay the club. I'll give you the details if necessary.

I'm awaiting more news from Henry Dumigan (Sec) and Colin Chisholm (Commercial) to advise the costs and timing of their proposals (potentially 3 spaces on their Susbcribers' Board, and an engraved trophy), and then what to do next. Bear in mind they aren't functioning as a football club at present so all their meetings are virtual.

Anyway, that's more or less that, guys, I'll keep you posted and want to say thank you all for your support, trust and backing.

Clap
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
martino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:24 pm 
Post subject:

And a big thank you to you Pete for seeing this through.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:41 pm 
Post subject:

I thought the time was right, 3 months down the line, to find out what may have happened at ATFC since we sent the money through to them. Within an hour or two of my mail, I had this reply from secretary, Henry Dumigan.

Please find attached proof of our Regeneration Board, pay particular attention to the first three names.
Regards a Trophy, Colin actually raised this at our group chat meeting this morning and will identify one this incoming week via our Kit Sponsor Only Sport Ltd and keep you updated.

Here's the Regeneration Board, I hope it's clearly visible, the first 3 names to which Henry refers are John, Nanette and Shaun Holroyd. You will remember Shaun posted a note here thanking us all for our contributions. By my count there are 459 names on the Board in all so far.

I'll get back to you all again once Colin Chisholm (ATFC Commercial Manager) advises about the trophy.

Cheers all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:18 am 
Post subject:

Nearly 6 months down the line, I never heard from Colin Chisholm but yesterday I had an email from Jim McAuley, I think he's the editor of the ATFC match programme. Tonight he also sent me a picture of the John Holroyd Memorial Player of the Year Trophy, and below you can see the email and the trophy which we funded:-

I'm Jim McAuley from the Talbot match programme. I was a good friend of John and he always had a two page article in the programme entitled Talbot's Favourite Welshman. On the 17th July we will be producing our first edition as a senior club and John's two pages will be a tribute to him by me. Henry has passed on a photo of the trophy you people have donated but I would like a wee insight to why you would do this and anything else you would like to add.

John was a remarkable fellow and much loved at Auchinleck, he will be sadly missed. If you decide to participate I would need a draft by the weekend. Thank you.

So basically one of us needs to write a short article about John - and they need it by this coming weekend. Now I barely knew John, never met him and we emailed once or twice but that was that. A few of you knew him rather better than me, and I hope one of you might be able to write a few words, explaining why we went down this route and what he meant to us. Can one of you do this, please? I'll give you Jim's contact details as necessary. Thank you.
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:25 pm 
Post subject:

BUMP!!

Can anyone help with a brief article about John for their programme, please?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: