Football Programmes Centre

Step 7 down. (Who is producing)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Step 7 down. (Who is producing)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Step 7 down. (Who is producing)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
facup1939

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:18 pm 
Post subject:

Maybe slightly late to the party but here is my contribution:

Colliers Wood United - Combined Counties Premier - 20 page printed £1

Hanworth Villa - Combined Counties Premier - 24 page printed £1.50

Kingstonian - Isthmian Premier - 34 page printed £2

Abbey Rangers - Combined Counties Premier - 24 page printed £1.50

Cray Wanderers - Isthmian Premier - 60 page Printed £2

Horsham - Isthmian Premier - 36 page printed £2.50

Spelthorne Sports - Combined Counties Premier - 20 page printed £1

Merstham - Isthmian Premier - 24 page printed £2

Bedfont Sports - Isthmian South Central - 40 page Online free, prints out
OK if a little small. Colour teamsheet available at turnstiles Free.

Cheshunt - Isthmian Premier - 40 page online free. Prints out fine.
Teamsheets available at turnstiles, 50p.

Maldon & Tiptree - Isthmian One North - 28 page online free. Prints out
fine.

The Combined Counties games had very limited print runs, as you would expect. Colliers Wood only print about 20, and Spelthorne Sports did not appear to have many more than that.

Kingstonian have printed their standard programme for every home game this season, including the last game on Wednesday night.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:21 pm 
Post subject:

Thank you to everyone who has posted info so far
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
sir craven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:15 pm 
Post subject:

Southall, combined counties premier 24 pages £2.50
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:10 am 
Post subject:

West Didsbury & Chorlton did issue the FA Vase game against Bury AFC - which was their first competitive game. Sorry can't offer price or if they have produced since.

Newton Abbot Spurs are issuing.
Dorking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:05 am 
Post subject:

There is an ebay seller called makett5228

They are printing hard copies of all sorts of non league programmes (that are digital only)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/makett5228/m.html?item=363167521487&hash=item548e789acf%3Ag%3AngsAAOSwRspfpADv&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

They even do step 6 of non league (Combined Counties Div 1)

We have just invested heavily in a brand new Sharp colour enhancer/printer. This has cost us a small fortune to set up and hope to be able to do this for many programmes of this type.

Due to the nature of the printer, they are not full bleed to the edge programmes, but are of excellent quality and all info is printed. Some have the incorrect number of pages to make a booklet as they need to be in groups of 4 pages. We either leave extra pages towards the back of the programme blank or we may add a Racism or Respect advert. Some have also not be designed with A5 printing in mind and are odd shapes. These will show a larger than normal white border around but we do play around with them to limit this. They also are finished by stitching, trimming and then professionally square edged down the spine. They are also packaged in a hard-back envelope for safe delivery.

WITH A TRIAL RUN A FEW WEEKS AGO, WE HAVE HAD MANY GOOD REVIEWS AND THANKING US FOR PROVIDING THIS SERVICE AND WISHING US GOOD LUCK.

AS A GOODWILL GESTURE, WE WILL DONATE A PERCENTAGE OF ALL PROFITS TO GREAT ORMOND STREET CHILDRENS HOSPITAL AT THE END OF THE SEASON FOR WHICH WE SHALL CONTACT ALL CLUBS INVOLVED TO PUT THIS IN THEIR PROGRAMMES.

Please feel free to ask me anything about the programmes before offering and also if you need me to look for a particular programme and I can make you a listing.
kcs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:48 pm 
Post subject:

Isthmian South East

Ashford United - printed, £2 available on day.
Burgess Hill Town
Chichester City
Cray Valley Paper Mills
East Grinstead Town
Faversham Town
Guernsey - withdrawn from the league
Hastings United
Haywards Heath Town
Herne Bay
Hythe Town - printed, £2 available on day.
Phoenix Sports
Ramsgate - available online only
Sevenoaks Town
Sittingbourne - printed, £2 available on day.
Three Bridges
VCD Athletic
Whitehawk
Whitstable Town
Whyteleafe

Not sure about the others, Ashford have had mostly home games so far...

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:12 pm 
Post subject:

Confusingly they have done some for games that DO have physical copies. Sholing v Torquay was hard copy but they seem to be doing there digital one for it.

Dorking wrote:

They are printing hard copies of all sorts of non league programmes (that are digital only)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/makett5228/m.html?item=363167521487&hash=item548e789acf%3Ag%3AngsAAOSwRspfpADv&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

We have just invested heavily in a brand new Sharp colour enhancer/printer. This has cost us a small fortune to set up and hope to be able to do this for many programmes of this type.

Due to the nature of the printer, they are not full bleed to the edge programmes, but are of excellent quality and all info is printed. Some have the incorrect number of pages to make a booklet as they need to be in groups of 4 pages. We either leave extra pages towards the back of the programme blank or we may add a Racism or Respect advert. Some have also not be designed with A5 printing in mind and are odd shapes. These will show a larger than normal white border around but we do play around with them to limit this. They also are finished by stitching, trimming and then professionally square edged down the spine. They are also packaged in a hard-back envelope for safe delivery.

WITH A TRIAL RUN A FEW WEEKS AGO, WE HAVE HAD MANY GOOD REVIEWS AND THANKING US FOR PROVIDING THIS SERVICE AND WISHING US GOOD LUCK.

AS A GOODWILL GESTURE, WE WILL DONATE A PERCENTAGE OF ALL PROFITS TO GREAT ORMOND STREET CHILDRENS HOSPITAL AT THE END OF THE SEASON FOR WHICH WE SHALL CONTACT ALL CLUBS INVOLVED TO PUT THIS IN THEIR PROGRAMMES.

Please feel free to ask me anything about the programmes before offering and also if you need me to look for a particular programme and I can make you a listing.
se20blue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:20 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:

As I am sure tufcprogs meant to put on this thread
... and now no longer registered on ebay!?
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:49 pm 
Post subject:

Apologies. Yes, many thanks.
se20blue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:13 pm 
Post subject:

Was anyone from the forum amongst over 150 sales made before the account disappeared ?
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:24 pm 
Post subject:

Me. 2. We shall see. Should've gone with my gut feeling of the 0 feedback.
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:43 pm 
Post subject:

Yep, I bought a couple, for random games I went to.

Hopefully they come through, with an email address so that I can do business with them direct for other ones I want doing.

I suspect they were struck off because of all the private 'contact seller' messages that were flying about as people requested all sorts. It stands out to ebay, especially if they had only just started.

If it's a scam, they have certainly put some effort in, finding numerous obscure online programmes. Think they had something like 600 different ones listed, including British Airways and Deportivo Galicia at step 6 of non-league against Dorking reserves!

I think they are genuine to be honest, and I'm prepared to give them several weeks to deliver and the benefit of the doubt.

It only takes one club to object to their intellectual property / copyright being infringed and ebay will shut it all down.
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:56 pm 
Post subject:

Yes me too. Innocent until......
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:03 pm 
Post subject:

Daventry Town v Didcot Town, Nov 4th, was a full issue on sale on the night.
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:38 pm 
Post subject:

To add, I find this a shame.

We have two instances of an issue but being independently printed. His auditions suggested that they would be not the exact same size, which is fair to say.

But, I got a couple of Barnet programmes a few years ago, expertly printed from a digital no issue. You would not no any difference of course. Surely this now means the market will have real issues & fan printed. If the standard is excellent, how will we know which we have if we buy is from a secondary seller?
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:39 pm 
Post subject:

For the perfectionists, then they will need to buy from the original source at the time of issue.

I don't think reprints (or whatever you want to call them) will be a widespread issue. In the main, the print from digital services are there to create hard copies where none exist.

There have, of course been reprints for many years, it is not a new thing - there have been 'memorabilia' packs sold with 1966 World Cup Final programmes in and so on.

To be honest the number of serious collectors who really care is growing smaller all the time, and 'Lockdown 2020' programmes still fall into the 'modern issues' category, which we are sometimes told don't hold the cover price
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:44 pm 
Post subject:

I must say with regards to clubs at Step 7 or lower,

I don't understand why some clubs aren't issuing, or going ONLINE only.

The vast majority will not have seen reduced attendances, I've been to Worsbrough, Parkgate, AFC Mansfield and Handsworth in the Northern Counties recently and have actually seen attendances a little higher than the norm. Incidentally, they all did programmes.

The only game I went to where it was online only was Staveley v AFC Darwin in the FA Vase.

Even if you're limited to 300 people, they will shift a box of 50, and in-turn give some work to the local printer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Dorking

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:52 am 
Post subject:

Yep, the non league games I went to between lockdowns had slightly better, or much better crowds.

I have seen myself on twitter, groundhoppers ask clubs if there will be a printed programme sold - these people are choosing the games they attend with a programme as a deciding factor.

A non-league programme doesn't have to be a 60 page whopper, but with a sensible % of adverts and a few contributers can add to the overally match experience. The programme is a potential shop window for everything the club is doing, footballing wise and commercially
HendonHotshots

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:33 pm 
Post subject:

Unsure if they are producing for league games but over the FAC weekend these National league south clubs produced hard copy programmes

Eastbourne borough v Blackpool , 80 pages £5 (but pricey but an excellent read

Tonbridge angels v Bradford city 52 pages

oxford city also did a programme for their match v Northampton town
tufcprogs

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:13 pm 
Post subject:

tufcprogs wrote:
Yes me too. Innocent until......

Update.

I received both today, though as I said, one was an issue after all. Accompanied by a letter, seemingly explaining they were inundated and prefer you to go to them direct instead of ebay.

As mentioned in auction, the printings are in early stages so not 100% exact but not really that noticeable. Happy to deal with again but issue clarification perhaps would be more helpful.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Step 7 down. (Who is producing) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: