Football Programmes Centre

ANY ticket produced from digital
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ANY ticket produced from digital

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:44 am 
Post subject: ANY ticket produced from digital

Ticketing is (sadly changing)

When supporting my non league club, Dorking Wanderers (of the National League), print at home (onto an A4 sheet of paper) seems to be the norm at most games.

Being a collector I of course keep the A4 print alongside my programme for the game.

Very occasionally at an away game I get the option of a 'real' printed ticket, although it usually only comes if you opt for pay on the day, and sometimes that means paying £2 more.

Watching Crystal Palace at away games, the majority of clubs still do printed paper tickets as standard for away fans. So far this season, Man Utd, Man City and West Ham have been 'digital only' (ie downloaded and shown on your phone)

Being old school, stubborn to adapt to such change and also a collector(!) I have used the 'alternative method' for these games - which is that if you send an email saying you don't have a smartphone, then a printed ticket is made available to collect at the ground on the day, a couple of hours before ko, which works perfectly well for me.

Hopefully this 'workaround' continues for the forseeable future, however I know that the vast majority of fans have taken the path of least resistance and opted to just have smartphone tickets.

Which is where a new company comes in!

Not used them yet myself but:

https://www.footballstubs.co.uk

is a company who will create printed tickets for ANY game that you send them details for, and include your actual block row and seat number etc

I totally appreciate that for the purists this isn't even as good as UEFA 'souvenir tickets' that you can sometimes tick a box for, but perhaps if you have a cup run missing a particular game that was digital only or something then it might keep you happy, in the same way some people get printed copies of digital only programmes etc?

I know they aren't cheap and possibly nothing like what the actual tickets might look like but it's an option for some
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:18 pm 
Post subject:

I don't believe UEFA are offering the souvenir ticket option for Euro 24, it's all smartphone QR codes Sad
infoman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:04 pm 
Post subject:

Will this see the end of ticket touts?

If any one is hell bent on getting a"proper ticket"

Print off the bar code/QR code that comes with your application and take it to the venue

ALSO get it on your phone.

When you get to the venue,
go up to the ticket office as late as you can and say you have a flat battery and don't have a phone charger.

Then they might(they have on two occasions for me) gave me a proper ticket.
If they refuse to let you have a ticket,at least you have the paper copy available to get into the venue
Ron Saunders 2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:45 am 
Post subject:

infoman wrote:
Will this see the end of ticket touts?

If any one is hell bent on getting a"proper ticket"

Print off the bar code/QR code that comes with your application and take it to the venue

ALSO get it on your phone.

When you get to the venue,
go up to the ticket office as late as you can and say you have a flat battery and don't have a phone charger.

Then they might(they have on two occasions for me) gave me a proper ticket.
If they refuse to let you have a ticket,at least you have the paper copy available to get into the venue

I've kept my old phone and just tell them that it's broken!

In terms of ticket touts, it makes it easier. You can pass on a QR code multiple times and only the person that uses it first will get in. The rest will be left empty handed. At least in the past, forgers had to create a passable match ticket!
garyspain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:20 pm 
Post subject:

The way technology is going now tickets will only exist in one place. Rotating barcode technology is available. Once you transfer the ticket it is gone from your phone.

Currently it is a tout's dream. They can sell the photocopied A4 page multiple times and they do.

[/url]
Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:06 pm 
Post subject:

I have heard about the frequently changing QR codes. So far I have managed to resist using smartphone ticketing, for Palace's forthcoming home FA Cup game the process if you don't wish to do smartphone ticketing is to email the box office and request an alternative.

So I ordered my tickets online then did that and was given the choice of

- phone them up and pay £1.50 for printed tickets to be posted, or
- ask for printed tickets to be made ready for collection at a preceding home game

I went for the latter to save a phone call (and £1.50) but why couldn't they just make posted or collected tickets a standard option?

I appreciate this isn't a Palace forum (which is the home of moaning lol) but really, for games where it isn't going to be sold out and is hardly a touts paradise some common sense would be appreciated
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Ticket Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: