Football Programmes Centre

Pete's Picture Palace - New Website
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Pete's Picture Palace - New Website
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:58 am 
Post subject:

My site updates are getting more & more sporadic for one or two reasons. One is that I am now a carer for my partner who is really not very well at all, poor girl, so I am too busy and tired to get stuck into this for long spells. Secondly Covid has got in the way of buying at auctions. I refuse to buy without a proper view as a lot of auction houses just can't be relied on to give accurate reports. Not necessarily their fault, I am a very fastidious buyer.

Anyway, tonight, the site is updated again with a further 435 original press photos added to the stock which now stands at 8,862 photos - all on straight sale. A variety of portraits, individual action, full match action, team groups, off pitch, ground views, etc. And many many clubs covered. Not every, but many. And I'm sorry if your club doesn't feature. Here are one or two "new" examples.

John Charles, Cardiff City, 1965

Bobby Tambling, Chelsea, also 1965

Everton v Stoke City, 1969

Team of MP's, "Westminster Wobblers", including one female MP, 1979

Billy Wright, Wolves, presenting greyhound trophy, 1950's

Clearing snow at Brighton, 1987

That's 6, and there are 429 more "new" photos just loaded. Fill your boots!

Cheers all! Chav
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:32 am 
Post subject:

10 months later, time for another website update, and 526 more photos loaded taking my stock to 8979 original press photos on straight sale. Over 100 different clubs/teams are featured in the new stock.

I had a bit of a sabbatical after the last update, as I mentioned in March I am now a carer so my time was tight and my enthusiasm waned. I was still buying, usually in small lots, and still selling on a photo-by-photo basis. But the prospect of hours scanning and penning descriptions was very off-putting. However, a mild dose of Covid over Xmas gave me an excuse to sit in front of the computer for a few hours, and so the update process started then.

The result is on PPP for all to see, some classic photos, cup final goals and celebrations, some 50's World Cup action, and a collection of small photos taken from photograph albums which had been compiled by a very careful collector in the 50's and 60's.

Here are some examples:-

Sunderland receiving the FA Cup from HM Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, 1937

Brian Harris, Everton, wearing the FA Cup, 1966

Chelsea v Borussia Dortmund, Randalls Island, New York, 1954. Interesting garb and stance of local referee. Dortmund won 6-1.

Hearts team 1959 - league champions 1959/60 (one from a photo album)

USA women's team at 1999 World Cup - I have 7 different of the USA team and players at this tournament in Pasadena which they won by beating China on penalties in the final.

West Ham v Spurs 1927, Vic Watson scoring one of his 326 goals for the Hammers.

Fill your boots, guys! Would be nice to hear from some of you again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:08 am 
Post subject:

For newcomers to this site, I run a website selling original press photos of YOUR club (and all the others) on a straight sale basis. I used to update with new stock regularly but for various reasons am now unable to do that. However, I updated it yesterday, for the first time in 16 months, adding 626 photos to the stock and taking the total to 9116. That's the highest it's ever been. The photos include team groups, portraits, individual action, full match action, off-pitch etc.

If any of this is of any interest to you then please check the site out. I show some examples - works OK on Android phones but not here where you have to right click on the icon and "open image in new tab".

Arsenal v West Ham 1968 Alan Stephenson & George Graham

Stoke City, 1968, Maurice Setters with cricket bat

England team 1930

Wolves, Billy Wright, with FA Cup 1949

Dave "Harry" Bassett, Walton & Hersham 1973

That's a quick selection, 5 down, just 9111 to go.

You can of course trawl eBay as an alternative and I wouldn't discredit that but you won't find any other site just selling football press photos, not even one in Iceland/Latvia or wherever they might be. Thank you and good luck.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Other Websites All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: