Football Programmes Centre

Stolen Boston Unted programmes please be alert!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stolen Boston Unted programmes please be alert!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:54 am 
Post subject: Stolen Boston Unted programmes please be alert!

Got this on my Facebook messaging this morning from Andy Butler who can't log onto the site (admin?)

No doubt to warn folk to keep their eyes and ears open and if they hear or see of anything please contact Andy? I'll get his phone details and put them up as well.

John, can you put something on the program forum please, I've lost my log in. I've had 6 boxes of programs stolen from the garage, lots of vintage Boston, a box of cup finals and two boxes of general league from the 50's and 60's. There's also a box of miscellaneous with stuff like handbooks etc
holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:57 am 
Post subject: Boston

Will post on my Twitter feed, can you advise what area of the country?
Thanks
holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:05 am 
Post subject: Programmes

Already had a few Retweets including one with 10000 followers so location would help John, many thanks
Also naming any rarer programmes nicked so that we can keep an eye on eBay
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:15 am 
Post subject:

Andy lives in Boston. His phone number is 07584 002243. I'll see if there were any real rarities to look out for Steven.
holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:24 am 
Post subject: Progs

Getting loads of retweets so people want to help.
It is a long shot but you never know.
He needs to alert local auction houses, antique centres and keep an eye on local press.
Also gumtree, eBay etc
If it is a car boot, Andy will be stuffed unfortunately.
I will be keeping an eye out!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:28 am 
Post subject:

Yes, lots of 40's and 50's BUFC . A Boston v Chelsea, a World Cup final from 78 with the best insert, a euro cup final from Barcelona from I think 86, a singed billy Wright photo, a signed Lincoln v Chelsea's with Osgood signature.......loads of stuff, really appreciate this as o don't do Twitter

Andy also advises that most of the Boston stuff is in folders.
holtie96

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:28 am 
Post subject: Progs

He needs to alert local auction houses, antique centres and keep an eye on local press.
Also gumtree, eBay etc
bigearl79

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:08 pm 
Post subject:

Shared this to a couple of groups on facebook. Spread the word people.
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:11 pm 
Post subject: Re: Progs

holtie96 wrote:
Also gumtree, eBay etc

He's contacting the auction houses this afternoon when he comes back from having a stall at a car boot sale.
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:04 pm 
Post subject:

At last, found my log in!

I've sent this mail to Chris at Sportingold who sells various bits for me, if anyone can suggest any more auction houses I'd be happy to contact them;

can I just ask you to be aware if you get offered a large amount of Boston Utd programmes please, my garage was burgled on Saturday night and 5 boxes of programmes taken.

One contained folders with possibly 100-150 1940's-1960's Boston homes, a folder with assorted 50's non league and a folder with assorted cupfinals and internationals from the 50's. Also a folder with 50+ Ty-Phoo tea cards.

One contained about 50-70 assorted cup finals

One contained assorted 60's/70's Lincoln/Grimsby & Posh homes

One contained assorted 50's and 60's items of low value

One contained a lot of 'backboard items' such as a 78 world cup fnal programme with insert, a Barca v Steaua European cup final, a signed Billy Wright photo, lots of handbooks etc and a lot of £30-£50 items.

I'd really appreciate any help, if you could forward this mail to any auction houses/dealers you know that would be great.
DonQuixote

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:36 pm 
Post subject:

Sorry to hear about this....your average burglar probably wouldn't have a scooby about programmes and their value so it sounds like these have been nicked to order.

Might be worth checking out closer to home - bet your bottom dollar the perpetrator either knows you or is known to you via a third party....

Anyway, good luck in retrieving said items, as I'd be pretty pissed if my collection went awol....

DQ
CHARTERHOUSE SPORTS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:40 pm 
Post subject: Boston United programmes

Ever put them in your garage, what a numpty, apart from the fact they could be stolen, which idiot put's them in a garage, this would insure rusted staples and damaged stock. QUESTION FOR YOU? Are they insured?
holtie96

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:00 am 
Post subject: Boston

Just in case?
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:08 am 
Post subject: Re: Boston United programmes

CHARTERHOUSE SPORTS wrote:
Ever put them in your garage, what a numpty, apart from the fact they could be stolen, which idiot put's them in a garage, this would insure rusted staples and damaged stock. QUESTION FOR YOU? Are they insured?

I thought we'd got rid of all the obnoxious nutters on here, but it appears one's slipped under the radar.
beaudog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:03 am 
Post subject: Stolen boston United programmes be alert

What an unhelpful reply and most insensitive from Charterhouse. I will be keeping an eye out on my small stall at Newcastle under Lyme and I like so many others will play our part and hopefully reunite the programmes with you.
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:44 am 
Post subject: Re: Boston United programmes

CHARTERHOUSE SPORTS wrote:

Why in gods name would you post that? Believe me you won't be a member of this forum for much longer if you continue posting things like that.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
Fishy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:56 am 
Post subject:

DonQuixote wrote:
Sorry to hear about this....your average burglar probably wouldn't have a scooby about programmes and their value so it sounds like these have been nicked to order.

Might be worth checking out closer to home - bet your bottom dollar the perpetrator either knows you or is known to you via a third party....

Anyway, good luck in retrieving said items, as I'd be pretty pissed if my collection went awol....

DQ

Spot on Don - my feelings exactly but you beat me to it.......... a bit like my teams' result in the Play-Off Final Very Happy
andyfromboston

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:26 pm 
Post subject:

Just to let you all know a 60 year old woman was today jailed for 4 1/2 years for a spate of break ins around the town, one being my garage with the programmes.

The police did recover about 20% of what was taken, sadly all that was left was a load of worthless 70's and 80's issues, mainly Manchester Utd homes (sorry Leslie!!!!) and a few of my First and Last issues.

Gutted but worse things happen at sea, I'll rebuild the collection in time.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:23 am 
Post subject:

andyfromboston wrote:
Just to let you all know a 60 year old woman was today jailed for 4 1/2 years for a spate of break ins around the town, one being my garage with the programmes.

The police did recover about 20% of what was taken, sadly all that was left was a load of worthless 70's and 80's issues, mainly Manchester Utd homes (sorry Leslie!!!!) and a few of my First and Last issues.

Gutted but worse things happen at sea, I'll rebuild the collection in time.

goes to show that nowadays everyones an expert-even the scrotes[and scroteses!] Laughing still as you say worse things happen, wipe the slate clean and start again and do not buy anymore of that worthless Man U scrap paper from the 70-80-90's! Laughing

chin up Thumbs Up

To see 19,900++ original items relating to Newton Heath & Manchester Utd 1878-2023 then visit www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/sets to see entire uploads.

1000's more images to be uploaded, to view the latest uploads go to www.flickr.com/photos/manchesterunitedman1/

Click any images 21 MILLION views to date to the Flickr site since 2007 growing every day. New Uploads weekly. Thank You to one & all for visiting!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Fishy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:23 am 
Post subject:

Glad to hear that they caught thief and that she has gone away for it Andy.

Sad to hear that only 20% of your items were recovered.

As Leslie said 'chin up'.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Queries About Football Programmes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: