Football Programmes Centre

wanted Liverpool v Norwich white oval matchbadge
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
wanted Liverpool v Norwich white oval matchbadge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ARRGAXON

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:32 pm 
Post subject: wanted Liverpool v Norwich white oval matchbadge

Can anyone help me get hold of one of the white oval Liverpool v Norwich matchbadges from this season please ?
Dorking

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:50 pm 
Post subject:

The oval ones are sold by a single guy with a badge board behind the Kop, just outside the club shop entrance. Rests his board on a big litter bin!

Suspect what he doesn't sell on the day might even get binned as he never has matchbadges other than that days ones on his board.

I guess an Anfield regular could see him and request him to bring them along to the next game, but he may not even have them. I've chatted with him and he does games all over, incl Man United homes, and even Everton euro aways, so it's all a bit random where else he turns up.

Myself, I only see him once a year when Palace play at LFC unfortunately
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:48 pm 
Post subject:

Dorking wrote:
The oval ones are sold by a single guy with a badge board behind the Kop, just outside the club shop entrance. Rests his board on a big litter bin!

I guess an Anfield regular could see him and request him to bring them along to the next game, but he may not even have them.

I know the guy you're on about, he sometimes ventures into the pubs by the Kop peddling his wares. Smile

I'll ask him at the next home game if you like which just happens to be Arsenal on the 13th of January. Maybe he can bring it along at the Man U game the following Sunday.

Also, could someone put an example of the actual badge you're interested as there appears to be a couple of variations? Wave Wave
ARRGAXON

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:13 am 
Post subject: Liverpool v Norwich matchbadges

Jim
These are the badges I have, I know there is a white version of the oval badge which I need if there are any other colourways of the other badges I would like them as well.
If this seller also does Man Utd I need the oval badges And the middle badge again in all colourways. If you are able to help I would really appreciate it and would be happy to pay up front if that helps.
Thanks again

Rory
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:02 am 
Post subject: Re: Liverpool v Norwich matchbadges

ARRGAXON wrote:
Jim
These are the badges I have, I know there is a white version of the oval badge which I need if there are any other colourways of the other badges I would like them as well.
If this seller also does Man Utd I need the oval badges And the middle badge again in all colourways. If you are able to help I would really appreciate it and would be happy to pay up front if that helps.
Thanks again

Rory

Hi Rory

Leave it with me, there's a few outlets around the ground on matchdays. Now I know what NOT to buy I'll make the appropriate enquiries.

Cheers

Jim
Dorking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:27 pm 
Post subject:

Liverpool home match badges
3 designs

Firstly this one is available on almost every stall around Anfield in the Red Version. For the other 3 colourways (ie a "set of 4") you need to go to the stall on the corner of Alroy Road and Anfield Road, ie immediately facing the colossal new stand. The young lady at the stall is the one to ask. You are missing the 'black one'

This oval design is in 3 colourways. As mentioned before, the guy who sells them generally parks himself on the litter bin right outside the club shop entrance/Paisley Gateway

This all red design is on sale at a few of the stalls around the ground, in particular the one immediately outside "The Park" pub (opposite the back of The Kop). Getting all four colourways of this badge is not easy but the sets of 4 sometimes appear on ebay, and often a chap sells the sets inside "The Park" pub - that's where I get mine, although it is normally a home only pub so no obvious away colours if going in there on the hunt!

As an aside, the Norwich ones you do have are particularly nice as having distinctive colours of yellow and green, they do stand out from the ordinary!
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:54 am 

ARRGAXON wrote:
Jim
Thanks again

Rory

Hi Rory

Well the good news is that I managed to get a couple of badges as shown which are different to the ones you enclosed. The bottom one is from 20013/14 and I acquired for a "special" price!
All in all I went to 10 different outlets and I was pleasantly surprised how helpful everyone was. Three of them will be bringing badges on Sunday to compare to your photos and also previous seasons' badges. so if you have another photo of the badges you have from the last 2 seasons that would be helpful.
I've never really considered badges as a collecting option, but I can see the appeal of some of the more ornate ones. Are they rising in value over the years?!

Dorking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:09 pm 

Jim LFC wrote:

I've never really considered badges as a collecting option, but I can see the appeal of some of the more ornate ones. Are they rising in value over the years?!

]

The vast majority, no not at all. But it is an interesting thing to collect if you literally go every game as I do. Personally I'm a bit unusual in that I like to get to away grounds a couple of hours before the game starts, partly because that way you get a decent and stress free parking space, but also the whole thing is unhurried, can get the programme and have a read, see the team coach arrive, and generally feel the crowd building without having to rush. Having a good walk around the ground checking the badge/scarf stalls for different badges is also part of it, and it's nice to get all the variations.

Fully understand the acerbic opinion of people like Treble that they are worthless crap etc, however they give me a lot of pleasure and are a nice momento of a game which builds into an attractive collection, even if they aren't in the same league as the more valuable genuine rare antique ones like the old stewards badges etc
Jim LFC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:26 pm 
Post subject:

Got it!! ( From Joe the litter bin badge man!!) Very Happy

Dorking

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:04 pm 
Post subject:

Amazing! Forum legend!
littlewiggy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:23 pm 
Post subject:

Fair play to Jim, that's a terrific gesture seeking that badge out.

What a top bloke.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: