Football Programmes Centre

2015/16 - Premier League Match badges thread
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2015/16 - Premier League Match badges thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 2154

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:54 pm 
Post subject: 2015/16 - Premier League Match badges thread
Reply with quote

Usual thread from me. Apologies if the pics aren't perfect, some are lifted from ebay! The pics in the opening 2 posts are constantly being updated as improved images become available.

ARSENAL






^corporate ('Highbury Buffet')






ASTON VILLA
No home match badges this season, so a pic of a 'Man Utd away badge' to fill the gap


BOURNEMOUTH
3 designs:-




OFFICIAL (Club shop)




CHELSEA



CRYSTAL PALACE
All designs shown below are occasional badges. No design exists for every game






EVERTON
Usual design in four colourways. Officially licensed.



LEICESTER
3 colourways of this design


Corporate (done for at least a few games this season, very hard to obtain)




LIVERPOOL




MAN CITY
3 colourways



MAN UNITED









Last edited by Dorking on Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:24 am; edited 49 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 2154

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

NEWCASTLE
Corporate yet again. Actually quite an ornate design, if it wasn't ruined by the glass front!



NORWICH




(Plastic insert badges were actually on sale at a stall outside the ground on matchday, near the River End - the enamel ones were ebay (not on sale at ground)

SOUTHAMPTON






STOKE




SUNDERLAND
definitely nothing

SWANSEA
home

first one is Official and from the club shop





away:


TOTTENHAM
3 colourways



WATFORD
definitely nothing.

WEST BROM
2 designs, each in 2 colourways






WEST HAM
home - nice with Last season at Upton Park!






away (4 colourways)




MAP PIN



Last edited by Dorking on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:50 pm; edited 22 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ARRGAXON



Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Posts: 25

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Norwich badges are on sale at the ground on Riverside he just has them on a pinboard usually between the two foot bridges if anyone wants any I can probably get a set for you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nutfield priory



Joined: 20 Oct 2014
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:46 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Whilst I only buy the odd Crystal Palace badge I certainly would not buy a cuurent season badge with either the old badge or kit being used.

Maybe Dorking is a badge collector who collects all Palace badges irrespective of kit or badge being used, not for me though, just prefer attention to detail.

Dorking wrote:
NEWCASTLE



NORWICH




(Plastic insert badges were actually on sale at a stall outside the ground on matchday, near the River End - the enamel ones were ebay (not on sale at ground)

SOUTHAMPTON

STOKE

SUNDERLAND

SWANSEA

TOTTENHAM
3 colourways



WATFORD

WEST BROM

WEST HAM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 2154

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:35 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

[quote="nutfield priory"]Whilst I only buy the odd Crystal Palace badge I certainly would not buy a cuurent season badge with either the old badge or kit being used.

Maybe Dorking is a badge collector who collects all Palace badges irrespective of kit or badge being used, not for me though, just prefer attention to detail.

[quote="Dorking"]

Yes, I collect it all, the good, the bad and everything in between! I guess I'm not fussy!!!
Fully understand your point, however with badge collecting beggars can't always be choosers! Buying match badges (ie those on this thread) is not like buying a pair of trainers where you have hundreds of styles to choose from!
If badges are your thing, then most of the time they are unofficial issues, often breaching copyrights etc.
Using an old or modified crest is a way of sellers reducing the chance of getting bothered by Trading Standards etc. Sellers of unofficial badges know the rules and choose how far to go!

If clubs stopped doing programmes, there would always be people willing to buy unofficial programmes - just look at English fans at overseas games where the whiff of a pirate issue is the only 'programme' around - little hesitation from most over what they are buying! Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nutfield priory



Joined: 20 Oct 2014
Posts: 167

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:10 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

[quote="Dorking"][quote="nutfield priory"]Whilst I only buy the odd Crystal Palace badge I certainly would not buy a cuurent season badge with either the old badge or kit being used.

Maybe Dorking is a badge collector who collects all Palace badges irrespective of kit or badge being used, not for me though, just prefer attention to detail.

Dorking wrote:


Yes, I collect it all, the good, the bad and everything in between! I guess I'm not fussy!!!
Fully understand your point, however with badge collecting beggars can't always be choosers! Buying match badges (ie those on this thread) is not like buying a pair of trainers where you have hundreds of styles to choose from!
If badges are your thing, then most of the time they are unofficial issues, often breaching copyrights etc.
Using an old or modified crest is a way of sellers reducing the chance of getting bothered by Trading Standards etc. Sellers of unofficial badges know the rules and choose how far to go!

If clubs stopped doing programmes, there would always be people willing to buy unofficial programmes - just look at English fans at overseas games where the whiff of a pirate issue is the only 'programme' around - little hesitation from most over what they are buying! Razz


Thanks for your response, clarifies the situation and now understand the reasons behind unofficial badges and copyright problems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 2154

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:36 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

I've updated the first two posts on this thread, so that most of this seasons match badge designs are shown (club by club)

The majority of teams will have something to collect.
Not got a decent pic of this seasons West Ham home (league games) design, nor the Stoke one, so if anyone sees those, please add them to this thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ARRGAXON



Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Posts: 25

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:39 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

can anyone help me get in touch with someone who would be willing and able to get me a set of all the matchbadges for Man Utd v Norwich, I know there are several and trying to find them all on a match day if you dont know where to look makes it hard to get them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superblue



Joined: 20 Aug 2015
Posts: 262
Location: Carlisle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:09 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

When I was getting my badges, I got them from stalls selling scarves and badges and things. The stalls I went to were on the corner of Wharfside Way and Sir Alex Ferguson Way. You could get two types from here, one with the official logos on and one with out. But it has been two years since I've been to Old Trafford.

Hope that helps.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 2154

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:14 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

There are 3 colourways of the Leicester badge. Very friendly seller with stall close to away turnstiles. Last season he didn't do them but this season he has sensibly by-passed copyrights
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 2154

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:23 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Swansea away added to images

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 2154

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:16 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Liverpool and Everton home badges updated


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 2154

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:16 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Had a very good day at Bournemouth today, great club, really hope they stay up, but I digress...

they are selling in their club shop at the ground Official Match badges for their home Prem fixtures. Non enamel, oval design, but official and a must for the hardcore badge collectors.

Pics below


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 2154

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Not Premier League, but quite a few League Cup fixtures for this season have had match badges retrospectively made.......in huge numbers of colour variations. The Stoke-Chelsea ones made me chuckle in particular - crazy stuff!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 2154

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:47 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Quite a few updates to the pics in the first two posts on this thread, so thought it worthy of a bump (if for no other reason than it saves me scrolling!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valky



Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 94
Location: London

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:34 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Dorking wrote:
Not Premier League, but quite a few League Cup fixtures for this season have had match badges retrospectively made.......in huge numbers of colour variations. The Stoke-Chelsea ones made me chuckle in particular - crazy stuff!



That really is OTT imho...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 2154

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:36 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Agree. Palace have Stoke in the next round of the Cup, wonder if it'll get the same treatment? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Footiebadgebloke



Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 732

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:47 pm 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Dorking wrote:
Agree. Palace have Stoke in the next round of the Cup, wonder if it'll get the same treatment? Shocked


Not from Stoke you wont!!!!!! But I suspect the same source from the Chelsea ones will be lurking ...... bleedin Spurs fan as well.... Confused
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dorking



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 2154

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:27 am 
Post subject:
Reply with quote

Quite bizarre at Villa last night. I know it was a wet Tuesday night in January and crowds are down there at the moment, however all the long established badge/flag/scarf stalls have gone from around the ground (so no badges!)

There were just three 'mobile' scarf sellers outside the ground, none of whom had badges.

Oh well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigearl79



Joined: 03 Nov 2013
Posts: 440

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:24 am 
Post subject: Re: 2015/16 - Premier League Match badges thread
Reply with quote

Dorking wrote:
Usual thread from me. Apologies if the pics aren't perfect, some are lifted from ebay! The pics in the opening 2 posts are constantly being updated as improved images become available.

ARSENAL





^corporate ('Highbury Buffet')

ASTON VILLA
No home match badges this season, so a pic of a 'Man Utd away badge' to fill the gap


BOURNEMOUTH
3 designs:-




OFFICIAL (Club shop)




CHELSEA



CRYSTAL PALACE
All designs shown below are occasional badges. No design exists for every game






EVERTON
Usual design in four colourways. Officially licensed.



LEICESTER
3 colourways of this design




LIVERPOOL




MAN CITY
3 colourways



MAN UNITED







Where did you get the Chelsea one's from? I look around on Sunday and couldn't find any. I asked several sellers and they said they don't do them. Also told you might find sellers in pubs but I was pushed for time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Wants List
| More
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Badge Collectors Section All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum