Football Programmes Centre

Everyones an expert now.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Everyones an expert now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wullie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:58 pm 
Post subject: Everyones an expert now.

A guy at work told me he has cleared his dads loft out and among the football stuff he found were two 1937 FA Cup final tickets. I told them I would be interested in buying them , but he said no way. He checked on eBay and the are worth £250 EACH Laughing
I suppose that's the problem . People check the bins on eBay and they think that is what it's worth. I pointed out that the £250 ticket had been there unsold for over a year but he did not want to know.
I told him to ask for a valuation on the forum Laughing
Gorgie JT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:55 am 
Post subject:

Its only worth what the market is at the time.
Never be a fixed price on anything,despite the views of " experts" on here.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:41 am 
Post subject: Re: Everyones an expert now.

Wullie wrote:
A guy at work told me he has cleared his dads loft out and among the football stuff he found were two 1937 FA Cup final tickets. I told them I would be interested in buying them , but he said no way. He checked on eBay and the are worth £250 EACH Laughing
I suppose that's the problem . People check the bins on eBay and they think that is what it's worth. I pointed out that the £250 ticket had been there unsold for over a year but he did not want to know.
I told him to ask for a valuation on the forum Laughing

A day in the life of your online dealer I would say. It's not his fault and I tend to tread careful with these sort as they can turn negative and even nasty very quickly. It's a process of educating them mainly Smile

Had a chap the other week, spent ages answering questions and half way though I assumed we had a deal. Then he would not budge from expecting me to send him £1,000 for items I hadn't even seen before he posted them out. That was only one of perhaps 3 or 4 failed discussions a month I get.

But you also get the odd one where someone emails and you are not really interested in what they have so you shoot of a quickly reply. They seem to like what you say and come back with "OK" but add "and I also have .........." - those ones I like Smile
seand

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 pm 
Post subject:

Unrealistic BIN prices on ebay and the likes of Abebooks are a pain in the neck. Anyone who stumbles across an old programme or book can look online and find their item somewhere with a crazy price. Then it appears on ebay at the same crazy price... then you've got two items at the same crazy price (which nobody will pay) so a third person comes along and finds that their 1980 Chesterfield v Mansfield programme MUST be worth £25....
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: