Football Programmes Centre

Football Zone
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Football Zone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:13 am 
Post subject: Football Zone

Expensive? Or not?

Anyone got any opinions on this?
bisphamseasider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:43 am 
Post subject:

Never got as far as registering and logging in to check prices as I have yet to find anything I want for my collection.

By inference in your post though, I would imagine very expensive.
slightfold

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:59 am 
Post subject:

I have registered a long time ago, but rarely bother to log in as it is expensive, and there's usually nothing on my wants list. Irritatingly, where he has multiple copies he lists each one, which makes looking more of a chore. Like most, I would think about biting the bullet maybe for one of my holy grails! The bias is mainly Man Utd so perhaps Mr Millman could advise how his prices compare on their items.
Fishy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:39 pm 
Post subject:

Extremely expensive IMHO.

I used to log in each time a emailshot arrived - just in case.

Don't bother now.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:54 pm 
Post subject:

I asked to be removed from the mailing list - nothing personal or anything - but those prices well.. IIRC at least 5 if not 10 times the standard going rate.
nozer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:09 pm 
Post subject: Fotball zone.

Gave up on FZ site long time ago , i found that not only were the items i may have been interested in well over priced , but not in the best of condition also T/C, HTS's etc ...not for me.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:34 pm 
Post subject:

slightfold wrote:
I have registered a long time ago, but rarely bother to log in as it is expensive, and there's usually nothing on my wants list. Irritatingly, where he has multiple copies he lists each one, which makes looking more of a chore. Like most, I would think about biting the bullet maybe for one of my holy grails! The bias is mainly Man Utd so perhaps Mr Millman could advise how his prices compare on their items.

The bias is perhaps because he is based in Manchester and is able to obtain it much more easily.
I like the guy Dougie as he is very helpful and extremely friendly. He has had some stuff on there for 2 years+ and every year i ask him if he will reduce it as he is never going to get a sale and the same answer comes back-NO ha!
He runs other collectors websites selling other non sporting ephemera, must be doing well as his stock on fooball apart from a few bits is constantly changing and i worked out a while ago that savvy collectors such as all of us are not his primary market as he is targeting newcomers or persons who are not heavily into the hobby that need a few bits from time to time and yes it is irritating to see several copies of the same thing listed, but he says he ain't the cheapest and does not purport to be plus i find him he an honest chap as well, so from the perspective of being able to buy sadly it's also a no from me but he will not be losing any sleep with us lot on here for sure!, i shall keep looking and it's nearly that time of the year coming up for me to ask him again!! haha

Wave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
gregl2020

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:11 pm 
Post subject:

Must admit I'd never been bothered to register to look at the prices on this site but this thread piqued my curiosity. And, wow, you aren't wrong about it being expensive! Still, nobody is being forced to pay the prices!
martino

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:11 pm 
Post subject:

His prices are high but he must have a loyal band of purchasers he is selling to as he has been going for some time.

Running any business alongside maintaining a website can be a 24/7 occupation and if it was not cost-effective then surely he would have given up before now.

He has purchased stuff off me on E Bay which has ended up on his site. I do not have a problem with that as I made a good turn on them and he has to wait for a purchaser at the price he wants.

As I have said in other posts over the years, what interests me is the amount of money some Dealers have tied up in stock which is not shifting. Unless it is something very special any stock not turning over is dead money.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:36 pm 
Post subject:

martino wrote:
His prices are high but he must have a loyal band of purchasers he is selling to as he has been going for some time.

Running any business alongside maintaining a website can be a 24/7 occupation and if it was not cost-effective then surely he would have given up before now.

He has purchased stuff off me on E Bay which has ended up on his site. I do not have a problem with that as I made a good turn on them and he has to wait for a purchaser at the price he wants.

As I have said in other posts over the years, what interests me is the amount of money some Dealers have tied up in stock which is not shifting. Unless it is something very special any stock not turning over is dead money.

You forget memorabilia is different to most other stock items. It's value is determined by the cost at entry but it's future value is set by the market. It's not going to go out of date or out of style.

Some of my items I don't ever try to sell for over 12 months. For example I was buying Olympic football stuff long before London were even awarded the games. That was gamble that paid off others don't.

Don't forget without people like me and Duggie a lot of football memorabilia that might seem worthless now would be lost forever. We are not all just in it for the money you know.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: