Football Programmes Centre

Everton Colchester 1971
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Everton Colchester 1971

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cpfc jim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:00 pm 
Post subject: Everton Colchester 1971

Hi all a query I'm watching match of the 70s and Everton are at home to Colchester in the cup quarter finals Colchester are in red but Everton are in yellow shirts anyone know why they won 5-0 by the way thanks in advance for the answer as knowing you lot someone will have it x
Pete’s Picture Palace
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:19 pm 
Post subject:

Both teams used to change kits in the event of a colour clash in the FA Cup, but that changed and I must admit I thought that was before 1971. Both teams here usually wore blue of course.

Icon shows a Wayfarers photo of Fulham v Bury FAC3 Jan 1939, Fulham player near camera in red shirts white shorts, Bury players in blue & white stripes. Both teams usually wore white with black or navy shorts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Cpfc jim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:58 pm 
Post subject:

Didn't know that thanks for the info
NWM Football

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm 
Post subject:

I have a Tottenham v. Preston programme from the 6th Round in 1937, with Preston listed in blue shirts/white shorts, with Spurs listed in RED shirts/blue shorts.

I think one of the most ridiculous examples of this old ruling featured a Derby v. Leeds match in the 6th Round in 1973. Derby switched to all blue, Leeds to all red. Nothing wrong from that angle, but the game was covered for telly (MoTD I think), and shot in black & white !!!
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: