Football Programmes Centre

Programme Spreadsheet - Version 1.3 Out Now (June 2011)
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Programme Spreadsheet - Version 1.3 Out Now (June 2011)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan20

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:35 pm 
Post subject: Update

Can you please tell me when the new version is available and also where on the site I can find it please?

Thanks Thumbs Up
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:23 pm 
Post subject:

Just posting here to bring to everyones attention that a new version has today been released Thumbs Up
Ryan20

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:04 pm 
Post subject:

Thank you very much, at last can get on with last season. Easy
Joew90

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:47 pm 
Post subject:

Am I missing something here?

I click on PG1.2 and DL it, its an excel spreadheet that I can use.
I click on PG1.3 and its folders containing .xml files, what gives?

Simple question how do I get PG1.3 to open in excel?
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:02 pm 
Post subject:

Hard to fault this programme at all - but I suggest you allow users to change the fields for the various types of games - for example most teams don't play in the Welsh Cup so it might be feasible to change those fields to reflect the different (often Local) competitions each side normally plays in.
Joew90

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:06 pm 
Post subject:

I agree ToffeeDan, PG1.2 looks like a great spreadsheet which will be just what I need to keep my collection organised.
But same question as before, how do I upgrade to PG1.3?
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:31 pm 
Post subject:

Joew90 wrote:
I agree ToffeeDan, PG1.2 looks like a great spreadsheet which will be just what I need to keep my collection organised.
But same question as before, how do I upgrade to PG1.3?

If you already have the data in 1.2 you can open 1.3 and click "Import data from 1.2".

If you cant open 1.3 and instead just see a series of XML files then there is something else wrong... ive seen this before somewhere and i think it was on the forum so let me take a look.

Craig
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:40 pm 
Post subject:

ToffeeDan wrote:
Hard to fault this programme at all - but I suggest you allow users to change the fields for the various types of games - for example most teams don't play in the Welsh Cup so it might be feasible to change those fields to reflect the different (often Local) competitions each side normally plays in.

Dan,

There are Other Cup and Conuty Cup fields i believe and its impossible to add all possible cups.

If your careful you could run the "Unlock all sheets" macro and then rename all the "Welsh Cup" to be something else on all visable sheets and this should still work.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:44 pm 
Post subject:

Joew90 wrote:
Am I missing something here?

I click on PG1.2 and DL it, its an excel spreadheet that I can use.
I click on PG1.3 and its folders containing .xml files, what gives?

Simple question how do I get PG1.3 to open in excel?

I think what i read before was that excel files now (xlsm) are just a series of xml files which could be why this is happening.

Are you saying that you cant just see one PG1.3.xlsm file or do you not see this and just see a series of files?

Or do you click the one file and then see the series of files?

What version of Windows are you running?
Joew90

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:55 pm 
Post subject:

When I click on the link to DL PG1.3 it DLs a RAR file of folders containing .xlm files.

The PG1.2 DL is fine, gives me one .xlsm file I can open in Excel.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:57 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Craig - I think I can do that -I might change a field to "Reserves". Incidentally (since I am new to this lovely tool) how do I enter Postponed as one of the fields for "competition" - it doesn't (yet) recognise it in the summary.

Thanks
PABLO76

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:57 pm 
Post subject:

Could someone post a screenshot of what this looks like once your programmes are listed please? Totally out of curiousity as I made my own version of this to suit my own collection as it is also a list of all Man Utd games played since the war plus other publications, so I'm not trying to use it, it took me around 2 years to finish my own!
Joew90

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:00 pm 
Post subject:

Bizarre, I have moved from my laptop to the old desktop, clicked on the link and it DL a single .xlsm file for PG1.3.
Problem solved, somehow Confused .

You know I'm gonna be up all night inputting data onto the flaming thing now!!
Thumbs Up
AshPerry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:06 pm 
Post subject:

Fantastic database programme.

I'm new to this site, found it yeasterday and there are some great ideas, this being top of the list!

Just wondering, how long does it take you on average to input data for a season?

thanks.
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:20 pm 
Post subject:

AshPerry wrote:
Fantastic database programme.

I'm new to this site, found it yeasterday and there are some great ideas, this being top of the list!

Just wondering, how long does it take you on average to input data for a season?

thanks.

Slightly amended 30/6 to improve what I'm trying to say

The Learning curve kicks in here - my suggestion along these lines:

Start at Season X - League first (you pick a season)..

1. Input your teams (say) 22 opponents into the new spreadsheet - be careful to select preferred title for opponent (so if not "Spurs" then "Tottenham H" for example)
2. Enter League in the column designed for the competition..
3. Now (let's say you have all of them) enter . (you will see green code and also a total of 1 in the summary.
4. Copy and Paste (the 2 columns - League and the green one) all the way down - this confirms you have the lot of (League) homes

(obviously if you don't have them all you have to take more time or change the yes to no for the odd missing one)

5. Now copy and paste all the 3 columns for the away section

This copying ensures you don't end up with a column of Spurs and a column of Tottenhams....(in your summary sheet - eventually you will see a long column of colours (green if all yes) in your league opponent list - (a good example is Everton or Arsenal - if your collection is Everton's - you will see Arsenal in a long column from time immemorial as they have played each other every season since 1954)

Copy all this first season of opponent data next to a COPY of your pre-existing data - and you will now be able to replace the relegated opponents with the promoted (we'll assume your team is successful and hasn't suffered relegation but you get the idea..) - this helps you (in my case I have a database of results - so here I took a copy of this and ordered each season's progs by the type (League - FA Cup etc) and club alphabetically) - took the copy (which is in Verdana 8 font) and pasted alongside the next season's data and simply replaced the relegated sides with the promoted sides... this ensures little re-typing and consistency in the title of the opponent - small warning - you may need to double check this on the H (and A) summary sheets as sometimes it mis-reads the title of the opponent so you will get two columns of Arsenals - this is easily remedied by copy/paste any small flaws)

a) enters data quickly
b) ensures the fields are consistent..

after you've dealt with the league stuff you can graduate onto other competitions where the opponent and cup will vary from season to season... but of course you already have the initial league data above this to speed up any typing required if your cup opponent came from your league list..

Once you get going it takes no time at all.

Last edited by ToffeeDan on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:58 pm 
Post subject:

Click the pictures for a larger view..

This is the homepage of the spreadsheet and just gives an overview of what you have and what you require.

This is the season view where you add all your programmes. You can use a fullstop ( . ) to indicate you have the programme, a comma ( , ) to indicate you are missing the programme and i make a lot of use of the semi colon ( ; ) which indicates that you wish to replace the copy of the programme you have.

To the right hand side it totals up your programmes for the season by competition.

There are 2 "notes" comments which i use to store details about what ive paid for the programme, what ive seen them sell for and what is wrong with my programme if ive stated id like to replace it. You can also put "PP" in the first notes comment if the game was postponned. This will turn the line blue. If no programme was issued for the game you can put in the 2nd notes column "NP" and then this will not be included in the totals etc (See Blackburn in Away col).

For the purposes of all other screens in the spreadsheet a "replace" programme still counts as a "got".

This is an index which shows what programmes you have/require for each season in each type of competition.

This gives an overview of which opponents you require programmes against for each season. Once youve collected all the programmes for a season or for an opposition the column heading will turn green. This is very handy if your speaking to a collector from another club so you can see at a glance what you require from them. There is a screen for homes and a screen for aways.

Very similar to the above screen which just shows home and away on one screen.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:06 pm 
Post subject:

ToffeeDan wrote:
Thanks Craig - I think I can do that -I might change a field to "Reserves". Incidentally (since I am new to this lovely tool) how do I enter Postponed as one of the fields for "competition" - it doesn't (yet) recognise it in the summary.

Thanks

In the "notes" columns, of which there are two, put "PP" in the first one to indicated the game was postponed, this will result in turning the row blue. Then in the next field either leave it blank if a programme was produced or if you know no programme was produced in the 2nd field put "NP" which will grey out the line and exclude it from the calculations.

See my message above for an example of both of these scenarios in use.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:08 pm 
Post subject:

Joew90 wrote:
Bizarre, I have moved from my laptop to the old desktop, clicked on the link and it DL a single .xlsm file for PG1.3.
Problem solved, somehow Confused .

You know I'm gonna be up all night inputting data onto the flaming thing now!!
Thumbs Up

Do you not have winrar on the one computer it works on??

On the computer it doesnt work, open Excel first and then open the file from there (rather than just double clicking on the file to try and open it)

Let me know how you get on..
STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:40 pm 
Post subject:

Would it totally mess up the spreadsheet formula if I deleted everything to do with 1947-1994 as I only collect 95 onwards?

Interested in any boro teamsheets or tickets home/away any comp from 1995-present.
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 pm 
Post subject:

STEEL_CITY_SMOGGY wrote:
Would it totally mess up the spreadsheet formula if I deleted everything to do with 1947-1994 as I only collect 95 onwards?

Why not just keep it in there but empty??
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: