Football Programmes Centre

The FPC Predictor Cup 3rd Rd Review
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The FPC Predictor Cup 3rd Rd Review

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> The FPC Predictor League 2012-13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:50 pm 
Post subject: The FPC Predictor Cup 3rd Rd Review

This weekend sees the next installment of the Predictor Cup with 16 teams vying for a quarter final place in the most prestigous cup competition since the Hoyland Brownies beat the Symington Smashers in the Anglo Scottish girl guides football Trophy in 1965.

JohnnyP v SurfinJim (Leeds v Sheffield Wednesday)

Tie of the round, as the Conference leaders come face to face. Its a classic Cup tie between yorkshire rivals, two teams that nobody actually likes and nobody wants to win. Kick em both out I say Laughing
JohnnyP has ground out wins against Kcs, and Atletico whereas Jimbo had a walkover against Flashat in the previous round.
SurfinJim became the first team to qualify for the post season play-offs last weekend and is the League's top scorers. In yesterday's press conference Jim said 'We are Massive.....sorry, this games massive'. Only time will tell.

Maccprogrammeswanted v DJ0505 (Macclesfield Town v Newport County)

Two non league members, supporting two non league sides. It would be worthy of any FA Cup 4th qualifying Round Tie but that counts for nothing. MaccProgrammeswanted the finest thing to come out of Macclesfield since the MaccLads 'No Sheep Til Buxton', disposed of Pastpirate and then had a walkover against Coolascustard. In his way, is Dangerous Dunc manager of DJ0505, after a narrow victory against frampton, he triumphed by 1 in a 19 point thriller against rockyboro. Too close to call this one.

Lincolnredman v Posh1959 (Liverpool v Peterborough United)

Lincolnredman, winners of the Merseyside Derby in the last round clash with Posh1959. Lincoln are clear favourites for this one as Posh were extremely fortunate to get through the last round with an strike rate as dodgy as Darren fergusons eyebrows. Lincoln said earlier this week he would be looking for the spirit of 'Tommy Smith and Crazy Horse Emlyn Hughes'. Lets hope he doesn't get Glen Johnson and Daniel Agger cause' they're both f****n clueless.

Wulfranian v Holtie96 (Wolves v Woking)

Wulfranian, the tournament's top scorers, after smashing 13 past by gfcPaul will be looking to progress at the expense of Holtie. Wulfranian will be attempting some light relief as up to now, his side Wolves have had a poor season. Still, he should be able to sleep better at nights and even during matches, now that Dean Saunders is in charge. Holtie is carrying the hopes of Woking on his shoulders, a place which everyone's heard of but nobody knows where it is. Holtie survived a penalty shootout against Bisphamseasider before defeating Goonerboy. George said afterwards, he didn't see that result coming. So no change there from an Arsenal manager.

Ruudvandriver v sharrowblade (Leeds United v Sheffield United)

Crunch time. Another Yorkshire Derby, Ruud recently narrowing won the league encounter between the two, and both teams had to go through penalty shootouts to reach this round. Its a classic David v goliath encounter in more ways than one, with the managers personafying their teams characters. One's enigmatic, debonair, dashing, good looking in a classical way and the other one is Ruudvandriver.

Foxes1 v Robbo (Leicester City v Sheffield United)

Can Robbo call on the spirit of May 1990? Can he bury Foxes1 more convincing than the locals did Richard III? Robbo's the inform team in the Northern Conference of the Prediction League. He's gone from looking like a team managed by Bryan Robson to one managed by John Harris. Foxes1 manager Keith is untested after a walkover in the last round but said he was looking forward to a good honest and sporting contest. I couldn't agree more. 'We're all Blades aren't we?'

Floorpie v Greatbarrwolf (Chelsea v Wolves)

A fixture which conjures up images of yesteryear, Harris and Webb, against Dougan and Richards. Floorpie. showed his pedigree by conjuring up a terrific performance to knock out Kenred, a result which prompted Roman Abramavich to offer 5 million russian roubles and a Fernando Torres space hopper for his services.
Greatbarrwolf edged past Kenners46 in the last round. He's the competitions dark horse, and this competition could be handed to him on a plate, which incidentally is where the last dark horse ended up.
Both these teams are responsible for knocking out both Manchester united entrants in this year's competition which officially makes them the two most popular sides left in the competition.

Swyndwr v St Clarkie (Liverpool v Southampton)

Play off chasing St Clarkie will be hoping to continue his good league form by dumping Swyndwr out of the Cup, something that all Liverpool fans are getting used to this season. Swyndwr won through on penalties in the last round against NeilP, our only scottish entrant.
This one could be a cliffhanger, St Clarkie will start as favourites but a couple of Stevie G predictions and this one could well go the other way.

So there you have it, as Eddie waring once said "This lad's a butcher - but I've never had any of his meat." Laughing

No I don't know what that was all about either Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
robbo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:35 pm 
Post subject:

Cracking stuff Sharra!!.

The secret to my recent form must be the Magical John Harris cardigan i bought , give it three rubs over the pocket & the Harris magic visits.

can`t go wrong.
Ruud Van Driver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:11 pm 
Post subject: Re: The FPC Predictor Cup 3rd Rd Review

sharrowblade wrote:
One's enigmatic, debonair, dashing, good looking in a classical way and the other one is Ruudvandriver.

How Ruud!

Quality work Sharrow.

Good luck (ish)
| More
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Football Programme Forum Index -> The FPC Predictor League 2012-13 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: