Football Programmes Centre

Finn Harps v Bursapor ECWC 74-75
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Finn Harps v Bursapor ECWC 74-75

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Driver8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:08 pm 
Post subject: Finn Harps v Bursapor ECWC 74-75

REQUEST: Does anyone have the programme for the Finn Harps v Bursapor ECWC 74-75 programme?
Most collectors have this down as a non-issue. A programme was intended to be issued. It arrived at the game late, at half-time and the decision was made not to sell them. However, a handful of copies do exist.
If anyone has a copy please could they post a scan of the front cover.
Thanks
garyspain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:39 pm 
Post subject:

It definitely exists. Your basic information is in line with my understnading but it was sold at the game I was told but only from half time. I think it would be very very unlikely Harps would have taken a decision not to sell something and just bin them. Harps league programmes from that time would be quite difficult to obtain as well.
I have heard of clubs (including my own Limerick at least once) not selling due to horrendous weather but programmes were available from officials.

I need our league cup away from the season before and gave a very generous exchange to a Harps collector to get our league game out of his collection. I don't think there is even a full extant league collection from that season.

It was thought to be a non issue up until approx 1988 when a Harps collector announced that he had it all along. Same story with St Pats v Dunfermline among the Irish collectors although that has turned up a bit more since.

I got my copy by advertising in Donegal and the vendor had bought it at the game.

The only copy ever sold publicly went in Sportingold a couple of years back for approx £420 plus fees.

I can't post a scan as my copy is not to hand.

I know of at least 5 extant copies (possibly 6 depending on where the SG copy came from but my guess is still 5).

There were stories in the late 80's that a box of unsold ones could stil surface out of an attic or garage in Donegal but this is probably much less likely now. 2 Harps collectors including one who lives near the ground have done a lot of searching and both still need it afaik.

Other rare LoI euro homes include Waterford v Omonia 1972 which had a printrun of less than 200. Waterford v IFK Gothenburg had a similiar printrun but a Dublin collector attended the game and got 50+ copies.

Finn Harps v Derby is a non issue btw as Harps are thought not to have issued from 75/6-79/80.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:01 am 
Post subject:

Never seen anything for Finn Harps v Derby 76/7 but there were rumours , many years ago, about a single sheet issue, though that might have been "press only" or some such.

I have it down as a non-issue and it'll remain thus until I know any different for certain.
seand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:48 am 
Post subject:

Ah, Finn Harps- the bane of many an Irish collector... especially Finn Harps collectors! Shake
Driver8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:11 pm 
Post subject:

Many thanks for the info Gary.
If you are ever in a position to post a scan of the front cover I would appreciate it.
I did see that a copy of the programme sold with Sportingold a couple of years ago but only after the auction had finished. I thought the £420 it sold for would have been higher given that there are only a handful of known copies or are there just not that many Irish Euro collectors?
Just in case some readers required scans of the 3 other rare programmes you mentioned I have attached copies.
I didn't know print runs were as low as only 200. My Waterford v IFK is numbered 349, so perhaps the print run on this may have been higher.

b
garyspain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:48 pm 
Post subject:

The interest in our euros has certainly dropped here.

I would assume the one in Sportingold sold in Britain and the underbidder was also likely to have been there too.

Both the people I know actively collecting Harps still need it but I doubt if either would pay anything close to that price for it.

My info on the IFK issue was from a collector who drove down from Dublin for the game. The printrun may have been higher than I recall or they may have started the raffle numbers at 1 for the first gam eof the season and then continued up into the thousands at the end. It certainly would have been a rare one only for him going to it.

I will organise a photo/scan of the cover.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: