Football Programmes Centre

BRADFORD CITY FOOTBALL CLUB
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
BRADFORD CITY FOOTBALL CLUB
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:49 pm 
Post subject: BRADFORD CITY FOOTBALL CLUB

Well Done-Very Pleased for everyone connected to the club!!! Clap

They wont care tonight if they win the cup or not! till tomorrow!

Remember Birmingham City had no chance against Arsenal!

Personally i think they have more chance against Swansea and you never, never know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:01 pm 
Post subject:

Some of us remember QPR had no chance either.

QPR the first time that a team from the Third Division had reached any Wembley final.

QPR played one more game to get to the final

QPR were 2-0 down in that final

Yet .....QPR did beat WBA 3-2 in 1967
MINSTERMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:38 pm 
Post subject:

Full marks to the Bantams - no fluke at all over the two semis, or indeed the cup run as a whole.

As a fan of a fellow Tier 4 club I cannot overstate what a fantastic achievment it is, although to be fair they are far and away the biggest club at that level with a budget to boot. 20.000+ for some of the previous home matches emphasises how big they are for the level they're at.

Still hoping to beat 'em on March 2nd mind.

One final thing has to be said though..........Villa were shambolic after Bradford equalised.
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:08 am 
Post subject:

They were far the better team over the two legs - and could have won 3-1 again tonite - but I still switched off the internet feed when it came to injury time.
Couldn't watch!

It was the way the City players held on to possession in the second half that really impressed me - but Lambert, playing 5 forwards late on and no one to supply the passes, maybe isn't the manager the media were cracking him up to be in the summer.

Doesn't matter who they play in the final nor whether or not they win - it's a remarkable cup run.
Eck

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:41 am 
Post subject:

Off the top of my head 73 Sunderland v Leeds,76 Southampton v Man U, 88 Wimbledon v Liverpool.
Fishy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:24 pm 
Post subject:

That was probably the most exciting listen to a football match on the radio for me!

Well done Bradford City! Clap

I just hope the we don't get the rebound from Villa on Friday in the FAC!
martino

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:36 pm 
Post subject:

An amazing run. No one can deny they deserve their day at Wembley but would the true Bradford City supporter swop it for promotion this season? Probably not.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:49 pm 
Post subject:

Lambert told them all it may be their best chance to ever get to a Wembley final. Personally I hope all the villa players know players from other clubs and tell them just how low they feel this morning.

League Cup is not at all respected by players or clubs and the FA cup is going the same way. This silliness has to stop. But I suspect Bradford getting to the final will only give them another excuse to devalue them.
manchesterunitedman1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:31 pm 
Post subject:

Kickoff3pm wrote:
Lambert told them all it may be their best chance to ever get to a Wembley final. Personally I hope all the villa players know players from other clubs and tell them just how low they feel this morning.

League Cup is not at all respected by players or clubs and the FA cup is going the same way. This silliness has to stop. But I suspect Bradford getting to the final will only give them another excuse to devalue them.

I do not care a jot for Villa.

To see how much it meant to Villa and brdford to get thru and tonight to Chelsea who are still desperate despite going down to ten men, so i cannot subscribe to your remarks that NONE of the players give a toss about the 2 cup competitions-maybe what you meant to say is that the premier league fat cat players dont care[some of them] maybe because more than 50% of the PL are made up of johnny foreigners that they have no sense of tradition and so it appears they do not give a hoot-having sdaid that tell it to Mata and Michu tonight-do they care-they certainly look like it!. As for the clubs apart from the big 4 the rest care! Arsenal posed with the cup before the game and the Birmingham made them pay-cmon Bradford win it for the little guys!.

As for that total nob Azzar-he will never live this down-he will have a U tube world wide viewing-what a total tosser and this will i feel ruin his season-i hope the boys parents bring a civil action against him for GBH-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
derby1884
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 pm 
Post subject:

manchesterunitedman1 wrote:
Kickoff3pm wrote:

I do not care a jot for Villa.

To see how much it meant to Villa and brdford to get thru and tonight to Chelsea who are still desperate despite going down to ten men, so i cannot subscribe to your remarks that NONE of the players give a toss about the 2 cup competitions-maybe what you meant to say is that the premier league fat cat players dont care[some of them] maybe because more than 50% of the PL are made up of johnny foreigners that they have no sense of tradition and so it appears they do not give a hoot-having sdaid that tell it to Mata and Michu tonight-do they care-they certainly look like it!. As for the clubs apart from the big 4 the rest care! Arsenal posed with the cup before the game and the Birmingham made them pay-cmon Bradford win it for the little guys!.

As for that total nob Azzar-he will never live this down-he will have a U tube world wide viewing-what a total tosser and this will i feel ruin his season-i hope the boys parents bring a civil action against him for GBH-

Deliberate kick in the lad's ribs.
Hazard should have his contract cancelled by Chelsea straight away.
He won't, of course.
There'll be a grudging apology (forced upon him by CFC) and some sickly photoshoot where the ballboy gets handed a signed shirt (which he can then stick up on EBay).
martino

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:22 pm 
Post subject:

Just as well it was not Rugby Union - he would have got a lot more than a poke in the ribs for lying over the ball and preventing fair release!!!
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:38 pm 
Post subject:

From what I saw of the Hazzard affair the ball boy seemed to be a complete and utter fud, who thought he could deny Chelsea the opportunity of retrieving the ball quickly. That, and given that he'd already tweeted pre match that he'd be time wasting makes him out to be a spoilt wee brat who should know better.

I certainly don't think it was a kick in the ribs as he seemed to be wanting to retrieve the ball. It was the stupid wee fud rolling about like a prima donna who got him sent off. Pat Nevin's absolutely right on this one, it's the arse of a ball boy who's to blame, not the player.
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:49 pm 
Post subject:

Pat Nevin has it completely wrong on this one I’m afraid, in my opinion.

Whilst the ball boy was trying to be a smart arse it was hardly crime of the century, a player should never act in such a manner and he should let the referee deal with the situation and add time on as he sees fit. It was a completely stupid thing for the player to do and he was rightly sent off. If it was a fan in the front row of the stand holding onto the ball would Nevin defend the player if he dived in after it kicking out at the ball/fan?

That said, that should be the end of the sanctions. Hazard takes his ban for violent conduct without the need any additional punishment.
Kickoff3pm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:11 pm 
Post subject:

I think at the time the media were treating this dickhead as a child, he's 17 years old. Hardly ballBOY is he and Hazzard himself is only 22.

If you watch the video the boy feels it in his chest as the ball, I suggest, rubs as it is forced out. Then he decides holding his side would be better TV.

He should be sacked, the ref should be excused for being a prat, the player should have the card resindded and perhaps Swansea should be fined for emplying such an idiot in the first place. Everyone else should get a grip and not be spoon feed shite by the media just because the hate Chelsea.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:32 pm 
Post subject:

Kickoff3pm wrote:
I think at the time the media were treating this dickhead as a child, he's 17 years old. Hardly ballBOY is he and Hazzard himself is only 22.

If you watch the video the boy feels it in his chest as the ball, I suggest, rubs as it is forced out. Then he decides holding his side would be better TV.

He should be sacked, the ref should be excused for being a prat, the player should have the card resindded and perhaps Swansea should be fined for emplying such an idiot in the first place. Everyone else should get a grip and not be spoon feed shite by the media just because the hate Chelsea.

Spot on mate 100% as i see it
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:57 pm 
Post subject:

Kickoff3pm wrote:

Personally, i'm not being spoon fed anything, watched it live and could not care less about either club so please spare us the generalisations.

Bottom line is, the player deserved red as you cannot kick out at anyone like that regardless of who they are.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:59 pm 
Post subject:

Kickoff3pm wrote:

Not likely as his dad owns 20% of the club.

Chris Foy is not my favourite ref by any stretch, but to call him a prat for sending Hazzard off and saying Hazard should have his card rescinded can only unfortunately make you look like the aforementioned prat.

If this incident had happened at the Bridge, would Nevin have had the same opinion. I doubt it.

If I was a Chelsea fan I'd be more concerned that Hazard's indiscretion was their best strike of the night.

Let's move on, the two finalists are there on merit, simple as.

As for the Media, well lets just be grateful it wasn't John Terry involved.
kenred

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:16 pm 
Post subject: BRADFORD CITY

Despite it being an stupid action by the ball boy ,and similarly by Hazard,the Ref ,under Rule 12 had to send Hazard off ,so its no use having a go at Foy for following the rules.If the Red card is rescinded its another step in undermining Referees yet again.I speak with experience of being a Referee for the Cheshire FA for 12 years ,and lets be honest how many of the critics would have a go at doing it?As for the Final being Bradford City and Swansea I am absolutely pleased as punch that these two clubs will contest it.Great for football in general in my opinion,and lets hope it can happen again in the future!
Blackjack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:38 pm 
Post subject:

To say Swansea should be fined for employing this ballboy for what he did is an absurd statement. Every single match in the football league there are teams wasting time in way way or another, whether it the keeper taking more than their alloted 6 seconds to get rid of the ball to ballboys wasting time ( and it does happen at most grounds). I don't believe he was under orders from the club but most ballboys are supporters of these clubs like us.

What Hazard did was wrong however I don't believe he intended to kick the ballboy, he was going for the ball. How ironic that the ballboy rolled around as if he'd been shot when premier league players have been doing it for years !!!!

To me no ban for Hazard, whats done is done. To be honest it had no impact on the game as I was there, at no stage did I think that Chelsea would score and maybe frustration also had something to do with it.

I'm just a bit gutted that its taken the limelight from a fantastic performance from the Swans. I'm really looking forward to the final as I believe are a majority of football fans, its good to see Bradford and Swansea in the final and here's to a great final
martino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:15 pm 
Post subject:

"Ballboy" - should it be "ballperson"?
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: