Football Programmes Centre

A BIG thankyou too.
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A BIG thankyou too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:29 pm 
Post subject: A BIG thankyou too.

KavJack,In rekindeling my interest in trying to obtain the final Football League prog of games my all time footballing hero Derek Dougan played in Blackburn v Leeds 1959/60 have been looking for said prog for several years ,a PM from KJ putting me in touch with Mick Hewitt at [email protected] has finaly done the biz.i no it was rare an did have to pay £45.00 for and on a scale of 1-10 i would give it a 7 has T/C but still pleased.When my work mate showed me his ticket at a cost of £48.00 for the Arsenal v Liverpool game Sunday had me thinking i have got a bargin so yes well pleased .thanks again Kav.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:25 pm 
Post subject:

Good stuff Phil, does that now complete your collection?
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:35 pm 
Post subject: A BIG Thank You.

Of Football League fixtures yes some 540 games,although missing some Football League Cup ones from first season of comp 1960/61 ,Rd1 YORK (A),Rd3 ROCHDALE (H),Rd4 WREXHAM (H),Rd4 (Rep)WREXHAM (A). Do know that the York and Wrexham (A) do exist not to sure about the others, although teams did print progs for them early F.L.Cup fixtures.Shall keep on searching though. Love it?.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:38 pm 
Post subject: A Big THANK you.

Thay are all BLACKBURN ROVERS games from that season 1960/61.
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:48 pm 
Post subject:

The programmes from the first season of the League Cup in 60/61 are quite rare and you'd be expecting to pay around £40 on average for each programme.

As far as I am aware there are no clubs who didn't print programmes but this would have to be verified by other collectors of the teams involved.

The best place to check for these programmes are auctions.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:52 pm 
Post subject: A Big Thankyou.

Thanks for the tip did spot Wrexham v Blackburn on Sportingold but was out bidded.thanks again.
Geddon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:57 pm 
Post subject:

The early league cup programmes are a pain, as print runs tended to be very low.

I'm only missing two homes now though, Ipswich from 61/62 and Sunderland from 63/64. The away ones look like they may be a bit harder, one is at Chelsea which I think is quite rare.
Dellboye

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:55 am 
Post subject:

The chelsea vs swansea programme is worth about £20-35 but it rarely comes up on ebay.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes You Require All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: