Football Programmes Centre

What do you collect?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
What do you collect?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:24 pm 
Post subject:

No probs me old mucker.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
mancitymark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:46 pm 
Post subject:

Been collecting City programmes for well over 20 years now and still as keen as ever - Have well over 2000 in my collection which boasts 58 completed Home & Away seasons from 1965/66 to the current 2008/09 season, in all competions.

Which I keep stored in the old style club binders.

A few highlights from my collection has to be the Sept 1989 Manchester Derby in which City beat Utd 5-1, I have it signed by the whole team and subs that day and spent me years tracking down the players and sending it off to each one to sign.

Colin Bell, Paul Lake, Paul Power, Alex Williams, Tony Book, Tommy Booth testimonial signed programmes.

And the Championship winning season of 1967-68 as have every game home & away,friendlies and postponed games.

Buy mostly from eBay and various programmes sites - Dread to think what the postman thinks !!

I’m currently working on completing all City aways from 1970 onwards and just 46 programmes short from having a full set of Home & Aways from all competions dating 65/66 to 07/08.

I will then start on the early seasons after that Laughing

DerekD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:28 am 
Post subject: My Programme collection

Hi. Just registered at the site. Looks like it could be really useful.

I have a collection of about 8500 items, built up over about 35 years, mostly Glasgow Rangers and St.Mirren.

I produced "A Collector's Guide to St.Mirren Home and Away Programmes 1946/47 - 1990/91" in 1991.

I have updated and revised the Guide on my recently established web site at www.derek-drennan.co.uk and have also reproduced a number of programme related articles which I wrote in the 1980's and 1990's.

Always willing to discuss programme-related topics and investigate queries related to Rangers and St.Mirren.

Look forward to hearing from other members.

Derek
ArabJames

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:31 pm 
Post subject:

I'm a Dundee United collector who started at the age of 10 (13 years ago) with just the homes from games I attended but since then I have concentrated on United's Cup Final's, Semi Final's and all the European programmes.

Over the last year I've decided to expand and also collect United homes and aways from the present to as far back as I can. Think the oldest one I have at the moment is from 60/61 (so not particularly old) but in the years ahead I hope to get further back than that. However, still got hundreds of gaps to fill in elsewhere in the collection before I worry about going back too far! Currently trying to complete the 80's and 90's, still got a bit to go, particularly with the away ones.

Also collect Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup Finals. Got most of each from the last 30 years but the further back you get the more gaps I have.

However, plenty years ahead to keep building and after a mad spending spree earlier this year I'm slowly learning to try and control my spending a bit more, particularly with Xmas pressies currently getting in the way!! Biggest lesson I've learnt this year is that I shouldn't just dive in for the first copy of a programme I come across and end up spending more than necessary. The programme will ALWAYS come up again at some point so just wait until the time is right!

Well, I did start to post on the last site.....this is my first post on here. Hopefully I'll find many more opportunities to contribute in the future!

Arabest folks.
pafcprogs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:28 am 
Post subject: Plymouth Argyle

Just found this site following a post from a Swansea fan on pasoti...cheers for the info..looks useful.

I am a second time around collector having sold first collection aged 25 and am collecting Argyle first team pre 1960 ( space and can persuade wife its like a pension!) plus reserves and friendlies from any season.

I also have a garage full of other programmeswhich i sell from time t time on ebay so if you have a wants list post 1970 ( predominantly) then let me know and I'll see what i can do...I am very good on Grimsby ( go figure!) and Watford for some reason. because I am exiled and buy what i need I am actaully not that good for Plymouth stuff...ut have a few bits.

I do have 1936/7 Plymouth v Villa and 1939/40 Millwall v Plymouth as duplicates so any offers for those welcome....

Also cigarette cards!

Look forward to some useful contacts....
Bankie boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:19 pm 
Post subject:

ArabJames wrote:
I'm a Dundee United collector who started at the age of 10 (13 years ago) with just the homes from games I attended but since then I have concentrated on United's Cup Final's, Semi Final's and all the European programmes.

Over the last year I've decided to expand and also collect United homes and aways from the present to as far back as I can. Think the oldest one I have at the moment is from 60/61 (so not particularly old) but in the years ahead I hope to get further back than that. However, still got hundreds of gaps to fill in elsewhere in the collection before I worry about going back too far! Currently trying to complete the 80's and 90's, still got a bit to go, particularly with the away ones.

Also collect Scottish Cup and Scottish League Cup Finals. Got most of each from the last 30 years but the further back you get the more gaps I have.

However, plenty years ahead to keep building and after a mad spending spree earlier this year I'm slowly learning to try and control my spending a bit more, particularly with Xmas pressies currently getting in the way!! Biggest lesson I've learnt this year is that I shouldn't just dive in for the first copy of a programme I come across and end up spending more than necessary. The programme will ALWAYS come up again at some point so just wait until the time is right!

Well, I did start to post on the last site.....this is my first post on here. Hopefully I'll find many more opportunities to contribute in the future!

Arabest folks.

I've got a few Dundee United at Clydebank if they are any good to you??
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:19 pm 
Post subject: Re: Plymouth Argyle

pafcprogs wrote:
Just found this site following a post from a Swansea fan on pasoti...cheers for the info..looks useful.

I am a second time around collector having sold first collection aged 25 and am collecting Argyle first team pre 1960 ( space and can persuade wife its like a pension!) plus reserves and friendlies from any season.

I also have a garage full of other programmeswhich i sell from time t time on ebay so if you have a wants list post 1970 ( predominantly) then let me know and I'll see what i can do...I am very good on Grimsby ( go figure!) and Watford for some reason. because I am exiled and buy what i need I am actaully not that good for Plymouth stuff...ut have a few bits.

I do have 1936/7 Plymouth v Villa and 1939/40 Millwall v Plymouth as duplicates so any offers for those welcome....

Also cigarette cards!

Look forward to some useful contacts....

You have a p.m.
ArabJames

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:24 pm 
Post subject:

Arite mate,

Haven't got my list to hand at the moment but I'm sure I'm looking for Clydebank v United for the 2nd game at Kilbowie for 95/96. First game was in September so I'm guessing the 2nd match would be around February time?

Cheers
James

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:44 pm 
Post subject:

I got a few parts to my collection, which is:

Spurs (Homes/Aways/Reserves - lge/cup/friendlies/teamsheets/ex spurs) currently just short of 4800 programmes

Gillingham (Homes/Aways - lge/cup/friendlies just short of 2800)

Cup Finals & Semi Finals (FA/Lge Cup/European/Kent around 500)

Maidstone (Home/Aways - lge/cup/friendlies over 700)

Man United Homes 92/93 to present

Arsenal Homes 92/93 to present

English homes in European competitions (Intertoto/UEFA/ECWC/EC/CL around 300)

Ice Hockey (Programmes/jerseys/autographs/pennants/pucks/dvds/other commemorative gifts0 around 3000 items)
kcs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:11 pm 
Post subject:

After 'signing up' to the site a few days ago thought I would have a count of what I have...

I collect Leeds homes predominantly but have just started to buy aways in complete season format and have a several complete seasons now.

I try to collect all first team home games regardless of the competition and am missing just 7 homes going back and including the 1958/59 season. (League, European, FA and League Cup). I am sure there are a few West Ridings programmes missing too.

The homes I am missing include the following;

1958/59 Birmingham City
1959/60 Birmingham City, Burnley
1960/61 Charlton Athletic
1961/62 Rotherham (LC), Swansea
1965/66 West Brom (LC)

Would be interested if people have any of the above, West Riding, Reserves homes for sale, also interested in complete away seasons (not necessarily Europeans).
Funds permitting!!!!
Crying or Very sad

The home count is above 1300 now.

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
PRESTON WCFC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:52 am 
Post subject:

I have the following if they are of interest

18/11/1980 Sutton Town Leeds United Friendly
11/01/1987 Telford United Leeds United FA Cup
12/09/1982 Dunnington Leeds United XI Friendly
matt blue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:19 am 
Post subject: My programme collection

My collection consists of the following

Cardiff city home and away back to the 1940's
Wales home and away back to the 1940's
League cup semi finals and finals
Fa cup semi finals and finals
spurs programmes
welsh teams in europe
england programmes home and away
non league
1st and lasts

I also collect teamsheets pennants badge autographs and match tickets

I have lots of doubles of recent cardiff city especially friendlies and lots of away welsh programmes...also tickets

re the badges I have a lot of supporters club badges going back to the early 50s'...does anyone on the site have knowledge on these to provide valuations ?

Cheers

Matt
Auchinleckian
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:28 am 
Post subject: badges

email footiebadgebloke who has his details on the programme fairs site for the upcoming Preston fair.
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:08 pm 
Post subject: Re: Programme collection

Footyfan wrote:
Molineux Phil wrote:
Games my all time football hero the late Derek Dougan (Wolves)etc played in six Football League Clubs in all ,a few short of 600 games ,have all domestic games apart from a few obscure early League Cup games 1960. been collecting on and of some 40 years. The only League game i dont have is Blackburn v Leeds 59/60,been told one dose exsist for this fixture but i do have my doughts.

I am a Leeds collecter and can confirm that Blackburn vs Leeds 59/0 does exist. It is dated Wednesday 27 April 1960. It was Rovers final home game before the 1960 Cup Final vs Wolves. Leeds were relegated. Attendance 19,295. The programme is sought after by both Leeds and Blackburn collectors. I sold a spare copy I had 3 years ago for £35.
Finaly picked this one up of Leeds fan (dealer) Mick Hewitt ,did cost me £50 and has T/Cs but utherewise in mint con so well pleased.
matt blue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:17 pm 
Post subject: Re: My programme collection

Had a brief count today, and ive 187 folders :oops: some containing the average 25-30 programmes, some containing 50+...then boxed efforts, ive 9 very large boxes to the brim...keep them matches away from my lil niece i think !!!

mattblue wrote:
My collection consists of the following

Cardiff city home and away back to the 1940's
Wales home and away back to the 1940's
League cup semi finals and finals
Fa cup semi finals and finals
spurs programmes
welsh teams in europe
england programmes home and away
non league
1st and lasts

I also collect teamsheets pennants badge autographs and match tickets

I have lots of doubles of recent cardiff city especially friendlies and lots of away welsh programmes...also tickets

re the badges I have a lot of supporters club badges going back to the early 50s'...does anyone on the site have knowledge on these to provide valuations ?

Cheers

Matt
Mikey B

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:54 pm 
Post subject:

Hi all, just signed up.

I am came to this site after searching on google for Portsmouth programmes and thought i would sign up.
At the moment im collecting Home programmes from season 1994/95 (my first as a Season Ticket holder) to the present day.

I will put my wants list up very soon!

Mikey.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:48 pm 
Post subject:

Welcome to the Forum Mikey. I'm sure if there's anything you're looking for, someone in here will either have it, or find it for you. Pretty friendly place, nobody tries to rip you off (Unlike Ebay!!).
Molineux Phil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:31 am 
Post subject: What do you collect.

Mikey B wrote:
Hi all, just signed up.

I am came to this site after searching on google for Portsmouth programmes and thought i would sign up.
At the moment im collecting Home programmes from season 1994/95 (my first as a Season Ticket holder) to the present day.

I will put my wants list up very soon!

Mikey.
Welcome to the site friend,can you help ME with this one NEWCASTLE v PORTSMOUTH 1957/58.
Mikey B

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:45 am 
Post subject:

Hi Phil.

Unfortunatly i dont have this programme but i will keep my eye out for you.
grimsbybarralad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:46 pm 
Post subject:

I collect Grimsby town programmes home and away from season 68/69 to date. Still have a few gaps in most seasons especially away programmes. Have also started collecting friendlies during the same period.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: