Football Programmes Centre

Birthday presents!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Birthday presents!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Senior82

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:03 pm 
Post subject: Birthday presents!

It was my birthday this weekend and one of my mates gave me a copy of Rugby League Express from 4 May 1998, the monday after Sheffield Eagles had won the Challenge Cup at Wembley, and a commemorative badge from when we played Australia, and another guy gave me a load of Eagles programmes..probably about 300 i'd say...hopefully that will virtually complete my collection.

Haven't had chance to look through them yet though!

Has anyone else received any decent memorabilia etc as a present?
kcs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:11 pm 
Post subject:

Not directly but my birthday is at the end of May and always ask for money as the Premier Programme Fair is always at the beginning of June. This year had a small fortune to spend as the missus was extra generous(still haven't worked out what she wants).

Picked several little gems and made a couple of good contacts which have become rather fruitful for my collection.

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
stodin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:01 pm 
Post subject:

Years ago my brother got me the 1979 and 1980 European cup final programmes both signed by Martin O'neill and John Robertson (his girlfriend worked with them). O'Neil was a bit miffed as he didnt play in the 1979 final Laughing Nice to have the 1980 programme signed by the player that scored the winner though

Also had a book of 1st day covers (about 25 in total) relating to significant Forest games.

I have given a few programmes to friends from games played on their date of birth. obviously this is not always easy to do.
Senior82

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:46 am 
Post subject:

Well I finally got the chance to flick through all the programmes, some absolute gems in there!

There was a Paris away from 1997, Northern Territory Titans (based in Darwin, Australia) away friendly in 1997, and a programme from our first game as a 're-formed' club in 1999, away at Lancashire Lynx which sold out well before kick off.

I know that probably means nothing to anybody except me but i'm well chuffed this morning Smile
pastpirate
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:42 am 
Post subject: Re: Birthday presents!

Senior82 wrote:
Has anyone else received any decent memorabilia etc as a present?

Never received any actual memorabilia, but each year when asked what I want I will only say binders. So for the last god knows how long I have got around 5-10 programme binders each year. Drives my mum, mad but I refuse to tell her anything else that I need so it leaves her with no choice. Well she does say "what do you want" and I want binders, lots of them.

www.bristolroversmemorabilia.weebly.com The definitive list of Bristol Rovers programmes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Wants List
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 pm 
Post subject:

Dr France's Magnificent Obsession - as a Birthday present!
anfieldpurch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:35 pm 
Post subject:

Never had football programmes as present but ive had a lot of Liverpool memorobilia. A bloke who my mum used to work for bought me a replica anfield. I got a big Robbie Fowler figure off my grandad and my Uncle bought me the 98-00 Liverpool home with Owen 10 on. My parents have also bought me tshirts of Liverpool. My birthday this year on July 17th i know what im getting but its not memorobilia. 18 this year cant wait
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Wants List
ToffeeDan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:48 pm 
Post subject:

anfieldpurch wrote:
Never had football programmes as present but ive had a lot of Liverpool memorobilia. A bloke who my mum used to work for bought me a replica anfield. I got a big Robbie Fowler figure off my grandad and my Uncle bought me the 98-00 Liverpool home with Owen 10 on. My parents have also bought me tshirts of Liverpool. My birthday this year on July 17th i know what im getting but its not memorobilia. 18 this year cant wait

The famous Anfield Replica. Someone fell on one of those and died as I recall..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article110574.ece

And you thought Millwall was a dangerous ground!
Dellboye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:26 pm 
Post subject:

anfieldpurch wrote:
My birthday this year on July 17th i know what im getting but its not memorobilia. 18 this year cant wait

You are exactly one month older than me. Easy .
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:35 pm 
Post subject:

ToffeeDan wrote:
Dr France's Magnificent Obsession - as a Birthday present!

2 years ago, if your relatives had £1 million spare, they could have bought that for you!
stodin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:45 pm 
Post subject:

ToffeeDan wrote:
The famous Anfield Replica. Someone fell on one of those and died as I recall..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article110574.ece

And you thought Millwall was a dangerous ground!

Shouldnt laugh but I couldnt help myself having a wry smile...

the sun wrote:
Mr Millard, 32, found Mark dead at his home in Poole, Dorset, two days after the accident in February.

He told the inquest: “I’ve nothing to hide. I provoked the scuffle and he went on the defensive, grabbing me to try to calm me down.

Very Happy
craig
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:11 pm 
Post subject:

the sun wrote:
Mr Millard, 32, found Mark dead at his home in Poole, Dorset, two days after the accident in February.

He told the inquest: “I’ve nothing to hide. I provoked the scuffle and he went on the defensive, grabbing me to try to calm me down.

Calm Down

Last edited by craig on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barrett
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:12 pm 
Post subject:

Laughing love it!
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: