Football Programmes Centre

Liverpool Finals and Semi's from 1947
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Liverpool Finals and Semi's from 1947

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inabitski

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:36 am 
Post subject: Liverpool Finals and Semi's from 1947

Just joined up, somehow only just found this website. Started collecting about 1996 after buying one or two programmes that I liked the look of!

Since then had every league home game from 1970 to 2005 but stopped for a couple of years. Sold off all the league games and now just collect from 1950's league up to 1970.

Finally, have every semi final and final Liverpool have played since 1947 except the 1985 Super Cup v Juventus and the 72/73 Uefa Cup final away leg v Monchengladbach. Expensive, but will get hold of when funds allow it.
kcs

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:52 am 
Post subject:

Sounds like a nice collection that is coming along nicely.

Are you going to collect away games in that same period?

Also, welcome to the forum I am sure that your find the majority of people in here friendly and helpful.

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Inabitski

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:56 am 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:
Sounds like a nice collection that is coming along nicely.

Are you going to collect away games in that same period?

Also, welcome to the forum I am sure that your find the majority of people in here friendly and helpful.

Thanks. Taken some time to get to where it's at. Just looking to complete my 1960's home in the next few weeks, so then have the vast majority of 50's to start with. Not sure I will go for the aways, I keep putting off jobs around the house that need paying for, something has to give. Laughing
swnydwr

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:02 pm 
Post subject:

Welcome to the site mate

I prefer the older Liverpool programmes especially the 50s ones - some of them can go for good prices.

The BMG one you are after is still pretty expensive even when everything else seems to be coming down in price. I started collecting european ones but gave up half way through as the prices went silly and now I just collect LFC match tickets.

If I come across any programmes from that era I will let you know.

Cheers John
kcs

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:05 pm 
Post subject:

Welcome to an expensive hobby Smile......... I know how you feel, every month the bank statement refers to programmes some where - much to the missus' delight!!

In all honesty I think your doing the right thing in only collecting up to 1970 as anything after that can take a lot of space and in fairness they are generally not worth that much................... I say this, but not sure I would sell mine Confused

Hindsight.... a wonderful thing....

Showcase your collection in an online programme guide!
Display your research in a comprehensive history archive!
Inabitski

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:19 pm 
Post subject:

swnydwr wrote:
Welcome to the site mate

I prefer the older Liverpool programmes especially the 50s ones - some of them can go for good prices.

The BMG one you are after is still pretty expensive even when everything else seems to be coming down in price. I started collecting european ones but gave up half way through as the prices went silly and now I just collect LFC match tickets.

If I come across any programmes from that era I will let you know.

Cheers John

Kept my eye on the BMG as you say that price never changes or the Super Cup one. Think I will limit myself to buying a couple of 50's homes a month and no more than that. Thanks John.

Last edited by Inabitski on Sun May 13, 2012 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inabitski

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:22 pm 
Post subject:

kcs wrote:
Welcome to an expensive hobby Smile......... I know how you feel, every month the bank statement refers to programmes some where - much to the missus' delight!!

In all honesty I think your doing the right thing in only collecting up to 1970 as anything after that can take a lot of space and in fairness they are generally not worth that much................... I say this, but not sure I would sell mine Confused

Hindsight.... a wonderful thing....

Took up a huge amount of space all the latest ones, the funds went towards a deposit on my first house, so no complaints in that respect. They were not hard to part with, the rest I would find difficult to sell.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: