Football Programmes Centre

1951 Scottish Cup Final
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
1951 Scottish Cup Final

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:29 pm 
Post subject: 1951 Scottish Cup Final

Hello.

Can anyone advise the value of the 1951 SCF programme please? It's in an auction on Friday with another programme I'm interested in (1946 Victory Cup Final). However, as I have no clue as to the value of the SCF programme I'm unsure on what my limit should be. The guide price for the lot is actually less than the usual cost of the Victory CF programme on it's own.

Thanks in advance.

Thumbs Up
Rabid Underdog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:41 pm 
Post subject:

I have noticed this lot as well. Ebay had a 51 cup final sell for £165 earlier this week.

Potentially a good deal if you can get it at guide price, however I would be wary of the 'programmes sold in various conditions' description.

I also noted that the other programme in the lot is also in the same sale on its own for considerably more. Worth investigating though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:51 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, the other copy has a huge estimate for some reason. I guess it'll probably have an equally huge reserve so it won't sell.

I did see the '51 SCF that sold on ebay but it looks pretty tatty and has autographs too so wasn't sure how good an indication of price it was?
CelticFan1888

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:49 pm 
Post subject:

watch out for reprints as celtic brought out a memerobilla pack that sold a few old programmes as reproductions

an original in excellent condition £125 - £150

good condition £100

average £75

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:39 am 
Post subject:

CelticFan1888 wrote:
watch out for reprints as celtic brought out a memerobilla pack that sold a few old programmes as reproductions

an original in excellent condition £125 - £150

good condition £100

average £75

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Rare Football Programmes and Prices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: