Football Programmes Centre

For sale
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
For sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Programmes for sale

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:00 pm 
Post subject: For sale

I have a few programmes for sale, can you tell me if they are worth anything:-
Rangers v Milan A.C. 1957 (Ibrox) Ex. Cond.
FC Bayern Munchen c Glasgow Rangers 31 May 1967 Ex. Cond
Another programme for the same date saying \\\'Die Mannschafts-Aufstellung - Welcome Rangers, Willkommen Bayern! This programme is signed \\\'Best Wishes from Nurnberg\\\'
hulldon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:16 pm 
Post subject:

If you do a search on ebay you can find them in about 20 seconds!
57 Milan - £20
67 Bayern - Mannschaftsaufstellung version - £2/3
Other version with cup on front £20-ish
Healing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:28 pm 
Post subject:

Hi How do you do a search on e-bay?
hulldon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:31 pm 
Post subject:

I don't mean to sound sarcastic, but go onto ebay, type something in the search box, and hit search!
Tynie Topics

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:19 pm 
Post subject:

Programmes for sale

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:33 pm 
Post subject: Confused!

hulldon wrote:
If you do a search on ebay you can find them in about 20 seconds!
57 Milan - £20
67 Bayern - Mannschaftsaufstellung version - £2/3
Other version with cup on front £20-ish

You see the other day someone on here advised me to sell what I can on here or other football programme sites, and then anything left over to sell on ebay. I checked out another programme site and found the 2 programmes for Bayern Munich 1967, one was selling for £95.00 and the other was selling for £50.00. Obviously this is a dealer selling but there is still quite a bit of a difference between these amounts and the amounts on Ebay. I have acquired 100's of these programmes that belonged to my brother and granted I am absolutely clueless when it comes to football but I do have a good business head and obviously want to get what they are truly worth. When I have time I will catalogue these programmes but it will take some time. Thanks for your help.
'If an email does not smile at you don't send it' Razz
paulo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:53 am 
Post subject:

Just remember that an item is only worth what someone will actually pay for it. I could advisrtise all my programmes at £100 each, but they wont sell. It really depends on how quick you want to get the job done.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:25 pm 
Post subject:

If you're looking for realistic prices to sell your items, as much as we all moan about it, Ebay's prices are closer to what you'll get. They are the prices of items that have actually sold recently, whereas some dealers have programmes at massively over inflated prices, because they can afford to sit on them, hoping someone will come along after a bump on the head and buy them. To most of 'normal' collectors, dealers prices dont count for anything, and as Paulo rightly says and has been said a thousand times, true price of an item is what someone will give you for it.
Programmes for sale

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:55 pm 
Post subject: Programmes for sale

ForestMick wrote:
If you're looking for realistic prices to sell your items, as much as we all moan about it, Ebay's prices are closer to what you'll get. They are the prices of items that have actually sold recently, whereas some dealers have programmes at massively over inflated prices, because they can afford to sit on them, hoping someone will come along after a bump on the head and buy them. To most of 'normal' collectors, dealers prices dont count for anything, and as Paulo rightly says and has been said a thousand times, true price of an item is what someone will give you for it.

I completely understand what you are saying, the only thing that puts me off is how to list the sales, do I start the bidding at 0.99p even though I know its worth more? Do I put a reserve price in and not being a football follower how do I know what reserve price I should put in (reserve fees obviously mean higher ebay fees), if I was selling clothes on Ebay I am very knowledgeable because I know my product but football programmes is not my thing. Should I perhaps catalogue everything and make the catalogue available on programme sites for people to make offerrs or should I send everything to auction? As you say one man's junk is another man's treasure.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 pm 
Post subject:

If I was you, I would wait for the free to list days on Ebay, list them at what you think they're worth, then if they sell, great, if not, nothing lost. Or, if you prefer, you could go to an auction house like Sportingold, tell them what you have, and see if they think they will be worth putting in to auction.
tommy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:39 pm 
Post subject:

I agree somewhere like Sportingold would get the true value for any unwanted programmes that you have. You would have to pay commission of course but this would be the hassle free option.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:53 pm 
Post subject:

tommy wrote:
I agree somewhere like Sportingold would get the true value for any unwanted programmes that you have. You would have to pay commission of course but this would be the hassle free option.

What is it with the 'love-in' with Sportingold on here?

Has anyone ever asked themselves 'why do they get such good prices'?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Posh1959

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:01 pm 
Post subject:

Plenty of lots at Auction do not sell and it takes ages to get paid out by the auction house. When i sell on Ebay i always list at 99p start, programmes usually find their true value.

You can always pm me a list of what you have for sale i will make fair offers for anything of interest to me.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:05 pm 
Post subject:

Posh1959 wrote:
Plenty of lots at Auction do not sell and it takes ages to get paid out by the auction house. When i sell on Ebay i always list at 99p start, programmes usually find their true value.

Spot On, Clive
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:10 pm 
Post subject:

I'm not 'in love' with Sportingold, but find Chris to run a decent auction house that is well known and well respected. If you actually read my post, my first suggestion was a free to list day on Ebay (YES, you heard right, I mentioned the devil!!!!).

I also didnt advise the seller to put the items into auction, I merely suggested that he contact an auction house LIKE Sportingold, and seek their advice. This advice would be free, leaving the seller to make his own mind up.
Posh1959

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:13 pm 
Post subject:

With respect Mick I believe that myself and many others have as much knowledge and even more than Chris. So he is asking on a programme forum where he expects to find knowledgable people and the you point him away!!!

As i said pm me and i will give an honest appraisal on what you have and advise accordingly
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:20 pm 
Post subject:

To be fair Clive, he's asked for an opinion on what to do with his programmes. I have given him my opinion on what I would do, just as you have given yours, and one of our suggestions was the same!! At the end of the day, I'm sure the guy selling these programmes is no mug, and he will probably look at a variety of options before selling, so I dont really see the problem?
Posh1959

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:23 pm 
Post subject:

No there isnt a problem but like others i find it so boring to hear ask sportingold. After all Chris makes a very good living out of football memorabilia so that means he is in it to make money not to do favours.
ForestMick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:27 pm 
Post subject:

As I said, that's just my opinion, along with Ebay, which everyone talks about but you dont seem to be bored with? I dont understand why ebay is a reasonable suggestion, yet Sportingold is boring? I'm sure other people on here will have different opinions about what to do with them, and I just thought that the more options the seller is provided with, the more informed choice he can make.
1980Cossie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:34 pm 
Post subject: Re: Programmes for sale

Programmes for sale wrote:
ForestMick wrote:

I completely understand what you are saying, the only thing that puts me off is how to list the sales, do I start the bidding at 0.99p even though I know its worth more? Do I put a reserve price in and not being a football follower how do I know what reserve price I should put in (reserve fees obviously mean higher ebay fees), if I was selling clothes on Ebay I am very knowledgeable because I know my product but football programmes is not my thing. Should I perhaps catalogue everything and make the catalogue available on programme sites for people to make offerrs or should I send everything to auction? As you say one man's junk is another man's treasure.

I wouldn't bother wasting your time with a reserve, the Die Mannschafts issue is worth about £5 on a very good day on ebay, take no notice of dealer prices, dealers just buy them cheap on ebay mostly and try selling them for 400-1000% more to some unsuspecting new collector. The only rare programmes dealers sell are on their offers lists and normally these programmes can't be found on ebay week in week out hense why they are usually minimun offer and usually the min offer is about what they are worth,
There is actually two programme on ebay running out tonight one is currently at £2.70 & the other £4.00 with no bid. There is another issue produced by the German football federation and goes for little more, maybe £15-£25 on ebay on a good day.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rangers-.....56413adb75

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1967-ECW.....27b7067143
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Your Football Programme Collection All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: