Football Programmes Centre

FA Cup Final 1971 Replay!
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FA Cup Final 1971 Replay!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slightfold

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:27 pm 
Post subject: FA Cup Final 1971 Replay!

I don't know if any have seen this (re)listed on Ebay for £1200. Apparently one of only 3 known copies, must have been liberated from the printers? In the event of a draw it was scheduled to take place at Hillsborough.

This was the game which went to extra time, Arsenal winning 2-1.

It does beg the question of how can you have a valid programme for a match
which not only did not take place, but could never have taken place because of the result. Interested to see how collectors view this item.
Cpfc jim

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:35 pm 
Post subject:

I offered him £900 but no joy
colchestersid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:58 pm 
Post subject:

I assume the seller is Richard Cohen? If it is then he's using a new eBay ID

I would be interested to see a list of the planned replay venues down the years - it's odd of course that for so many years only the 1970 final needed a replay
Posh1959

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:46 am 
Post subject:

Yes the seller is Richard Cohen.

I remember back in the early or mid 1970s, one of the stalls behind the north bank was selling these at £20. I vaguely remember there being a box of them, but certainly a lot more than the 3 quoted on the listing. The last sale I know of was a private sale from a guy in Stamford, he sold for £1000.00. Have also seen one at a Sportingold auction.
colchestersid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:44 am 
Post subject:

Posh1959 wrote:
Have also seen one at a Sportingold auction.

There was one at Sporting Gold on 27 January 2023 which didn't sell (lot 563)

That one was also folded in four so likely the same one as listed on eBay this week
Posh1959

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:49 pm 
Post subject:

colchestersid wrote:
Posh1959 wrote:
Have also seen one at a Sportingold auction.

There was one at Sporting Gold on 27 January 2023 which didn't sell (lot 563)

That one was also folded in four so likely the same one as listed on eBay this week

The copy I remember was at least 5 years ago.
NWM Football

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:34 pm 
Post subject:

I have a complete (obviously unused) ticket for what would have been the 1987 F.A. Cup Final Replay.

Went to the old market that used to be held on a Sunday in front of Wembley Stadium about six weeks after the Final. Walking back to the car I passed some bins, and next to them was a clear open bag stuffed full of discarded tickets which, on closer inspection, were the ones which would have been on general sale at the stadium on the Sunday morning.

Sadly, I only pulled ONE out !

I also have a Tottenham Reserves v. Portsmouth Reserves programme from April 29th 1939, the same day as Pompey's 1st XI were at Wembley beating Wolves. Programme advises that White Hart Lane would have hosted the F.A. Cup Final Replay on Wednesday May 2nd if necessary.
Visit http://nwmfootball.com/ for programmes, books, DVDs, shirts & sportswear and other football collectables. Click here http://nwmfootball.com/nwm-diary/ to see which Programme Fairs and Antiques & Collectors' Fairs we will be attending.
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Football Programmes Offered for Sale or Swap All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: