Football Programmes Centre

Nigel Adkins Article
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nigel Adkins Article

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:54 pm 
Post subject: Nigel Adkins Article

Don’t know how to get it up but there’s an interesting article about the current Tranmere manager in today’s Guardian . I know he’s had his ups and downs as a manager over the years, but Tranmere looked to be destined to become Non-League again this season before he took over as boss. I like the tale about him managing a Sunday League team in Birkenhead years ago and having to hand paint all his old Subbuteo figures in his teams colours to show them how he wanted them to play :

Last edited by Flaming Pie on Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raxfactor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:57 am 
Post subject:

Interesting read always followed Nigel's career after seven or so seasons at Latics making 179 appearances, I think he has had a very varied and successful career out of football, pleased he has turned things around at Tranmere especially as it's the team he supports as a fan.
Thought he was sacked unfairly at Southampton but I am biased.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/22/tranmere-nigel-adkins-manager-interview
https://myalbum.com/folder/Ra3kbhhnNbXH/?invite=562adfbf-6e67-4718-aab7-72e830745fd3
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:09 pm 
Post subject: Nigel Adkins Article

Raxfactor, he’s an interesting guy and a good fit for Tranmere. Next season could be a good each-way bet for promotion. In some ways they are a bit of a quirky club. Can’t imagine other clubs having a mural painted on the brickwork of a house opposite the main entrance of an old - age pensioner football hooligan attacking the opposition goalie! Then there’s The Cowshed Enclosure . I remember when l was a kid, a bloke dressed in all black , wearing a balaclava would run around the outskirts of the pitch doing somersaults and the crowd would cheer him. All a bit surreal Laughing Here’s a photo of The Cowshed in the 1950s
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Upcoming Sporting Auctions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: