Football Programmes Centre

The Quest for the 92
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The Quest for the 92
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:10 pm 
Post subject: The Quest for the 92

Giorgio, enjoyed that . l thought l was the only one with a car like that. I also don’t know how it keeps passing the MOT! I’m not a groundhopper, but the other Saturday l attended three games in one day , kicking off at 9.30 am (grandkids match ) then on to a different grandkids game 12 am kick-off , can’t go to watch one without watching the other, then Tranmere v Gillingham 3pm. It was bloody freezing at all three games. Don’t know why, but l was totally knackered by the end of the day. The fact that l am now in my early seventies is starting to hit home ?Anyway, all the best for your future exploits and to everyone on the forum for Christmas. Spotted this cartoon in an old magazine.Apparently those old parking ticket machines have now become sought after. :
giorgio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:20 pm 
Post subject:

Thanks Flaming Pie. Yes.... merry Christmas everybody. Wishing you all a great new year and an easier 2024.

PS. Your cartoon hasn't loaded - maybe you need to use the upload button?
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:28 pm 
Post subject: The Quest for the 92

See if this one comes up.
giorgio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:32 pm 
Post subject:

Oh.......they do work - if you right click and open in new tab. Thanks. Will keep an eye out for one!
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:57 am 
Post subject:

Looks Like Blakey from 'on the buses'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
Flaming Pie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:05 pm 
Post subject:

Sharrowblade, he’s hard to pick out but Father Christmas is actually in the pub getting pissed. The cartoon captures that 1960s pub feel. Wish l was in there now having a few or more Laughing
seandel1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:19 pm 
Post subject:

I added The Hawthorns, Ewood Park and Molineux to my list at the start of the season. That brings me to about 20 in England. And a nice novelty addition with Dundalk in Gibraltar in the Conference League, bringing me to 17 UEFA countries, not that I'm counting or anything!

No programme or ticket in Gibraltar, lucky enough I was able to get a press pass later.
sharrowblade
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:53 pm 
Post subject:

GROUND 83 KENILWORTH ROAD LUTON TOWN

ROCKIN horse poo boys, I’ve had to pull in a few favours to get these bad boys.

Friday Night in Luton, what’s not too look forward to, apart from 3 hours of motorway delays south of Northampton, so the Reliant skirts around Bedford and comes in via the North. No problem with the traffic, as the majority of road users are attempting to leave in droves, can't blame them.

Park in the City Centre for £5, and visit The Whitehouse, 50 yards away, Brew Dog and a lively, largely partisan crowd on a balmy evening.

10 minute walk to the ground, as per norm we’re at the wrong end, I’m stopped at the gates from entering the Home end, and for once its not by a sniffer dog (Barnsley, Wolves, Man City, the list is endless).
'Its alright mate I don’t want to come in, could you get me a couple of team sheets please)'.

The old boy on the gate is enthused, 'Wait there boss' and off he trots up two flights of stairs into the grandstand back down again into a secret passageway. This is more than I could have hoped for, team sheets from Luton, what's the world coming to, I hadn't felt so excited since Richard Cresswell once signed my shirt. The palms were beginning to get a little damp but it would be all worthwhile. The old boy re-emerges again and into an office, it was like waiting for somebody to come back from the toilets in a Wetherspoons. Finally, he re=emerges with a huge grin on his face and says ‘No’. And that was that.

I felt crushed as we head around the corner down a long narrow path named Muggers Alley or something similar.

Its bustling outside Luton’s famous away entrance, set in terrace houses. Entry Progress is slow. Just inside there’s the selfies brigade, blocking the steps in an attempt to get old Mrs Lampkins washing line in the background. Some people will stoop to anything.

Some might say that the stand has character, others may not be so kind. Macca’s in the former, Dan’s in the latter.
It’s a complete S*******.
Yes, that’s why in cryptic quizzes Luton is referred to as ‘Heavyweight Toilet’. Still, Macca continues to wax lyrical about the place.

We’re quite near the front for once which is good. We're trailing at half time but an attempt to sit down and have a gander at the programme, was possibly a mistake, as I slide off, the somewhat off centre plastic chair, and into the tiny recess between rows.

Parity is restored early in the second half as United level, and in the end a draw’s probably a bang fair result. Exiting is about as much fun as a dentist's waiting room as there’s only one exit.

Ultimately, we’re the last to leave. The lads run-off ‘Oi where you two going’ ‘To get a selfie on top of the stairs’.
Not sure if the local residents taking a shower at this time of night’s a good idea tho.

Back to the car park, to find it almost empty apart from one car that pulls in and proceeds to park next to us and a foot’s width away. I’m not impressed given that’s there’s 97 spaces either side with nobody in them. What kind of person does that?.

Back home for 1am.

Next Stop: Stockport County
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Wants List
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Anything Goes Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

Jump to: