Football Programmes Centre

Shouldn't this be in a Trophy Cabinet somewhere?
AlbumAlbum   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   My Wants ListMy Wants List   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Shouldn't this be in a Trophy Cabinet somewhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJPROGRAMMES

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:11 pm 
Post subject: Shouldn't this be in a Trophy Cabinet somewhere?

Had a bit of free time this morning so decided to have a bit of a browse around on Ebay and found this....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325684613089?hash=item4bd450cfe1:g:f2sAAOSweBlkf3AX#:~:text=eBay%20item%20number%3A-,325684613089,-Last%20updated%20on

You would think that it would be kept safely locked up somewhere (due to its value & significance) rather than sitting on Ebay.
Anyone know anything about it (prior to the seller picking it up at an auction)?
martino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:44 pm 
Post subject:

Good to see that the seller is offering free postage!
slightfold

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:45 pm 
Post subject:

All credit to having a silversmith restore the item, and a fine job too,
Sadly without the top and plinth and no team name inscribed on it, it does reduce the value considerably and kind of makes it a bit generic if that's the right word, That said, it should of course be in the winning club's cabinet,and begs the question as to how it got to be almost sold as scrap?
dereksuffolk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:49 pm 
Post subject:

Yes, free postage but the description states will be using Parcel Force 48! That should be fun at the Post Office when asked the value. LOL that something worth £75K is chucked in the local Royal Mail van for delivery.
At least it free. He is charging £12 if you splash out £15K on a Chinese sailing Trophy
colchestersid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:30 pm 
Post subject:

Anyone hazard a guess at the true value? I'd say £500, not that I'd pay that myself of course
seandel1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:34 am 
Post subject:

Assuming it is actually the original trophy the price isn't exactly off the wall. I'm guessing it's genuine, its seem to elaborate to be a fake, and I notice it's hallmarked.
slightfold

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:58 pm 
Post subject:

Seandel1 are you on commission? Yes it's solid silver worth, just North of £1K in scrap. There's no lid or plinth and it is not even engraved with the winner's name. Every year the winner got the same trophy. If it sells for £75K I will be amazed, but who knows Shocked
| More
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Football Programme Forum Index -> Shirt Collecting/Other Football Memorabilia All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: